[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are concerts as loud as people make them out to be? I either

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: DeathGrips_Ministry.jpg (86KB, 790x395px) Image search: [Google]
DeathGrips_Ministry.jpg
86KB, 790x395px
Are concerts as loud as people make them out to be? I either hear "my ears were fucked for a week after loudest thing ive ever been to etc" or "didn't wear earplugs and my ears are fine they wearn't terribly loud" whenever I read up on them. I might be going to see Death Grips and Ministry this fall for my first "official" concert and I'm wondering whether it's worth bringing earplugs or not. I usually listen to my music at max volume through my headphones, and my ears feel perfectly fine. Is it a matter of how used to loud music you are? It seems like the people who complained about it being too loud don't usually listen to music or watch movies on a higher volume. I don't want to buy $20 earplugs (I'm not settling for shitty foam ones that might not even work) if I don't have to use them.
>>
>>73987760
>he goes to concerts
>>
>>73987760
Do what you want, but going to concerts without earplugs will take its toll eventually, and you'll be one of those 'what did you say, sonny?' fuckers in old age. Just because it doesn't hurt doesn't mean it's not doing damage.
>>
File: noise_thermometer_big.jpg (109KB, 620x837px) Image search: [Google]
noise_thermometer_big.jpg
109KB, 620x837px
>>73987760
Depends on the band or the sound guy. A rock concert can be above 110-120 decibels, which is more than enough to damage your hearing in a short amount of time. It doesn't matter what you're used to: 120 decibels will damage your hearing if exposed for more than a few minutes.

Bring the foam earplugs, they work and cost essentially nothing. If they block out too much of the sound, you can cut them in half.
>>
>>73987760

It really depends a lot on seating. I usually get balcony seats which are a good distance away from the speakers. The closer to the stage, the more you need earplugs.
>>
>>73987760
It all depends on the band and venue. I saw Ministry YEARS ago and they were fairly loud, I guess. Nothing too crazy. My advice to you would be to get a decent pair just to be on the safe side. Plus, you can reuse them.

I got some for Day For Night last year and was glad I did. I really didn't use them very much until the last set of the last night (Arca). His set was THE loudest fucking set I've ever sat through. It was so bad, that some people actually left because they were literally in pain. I had my ear plugs and was fine, but I wouldn't have stayed if I didn't have them.

Don't get chronic tinnitus over shit like this. Just get the ear plugs. Your future self will thank you.
>>
>>73987760
Yes. Concerts are way too loud.
>>
I went to a Death Grips concert last year and was very paranoid about hearing protection cause tinnitus is a bitch.
I brought earplugs but I took them out after the first song cause I enjoyed the music way more without them and it was completely fine volume wise. I wasnt up front though, more in the middle section.
>>
just fucking wear earplugs, its not that hard
>>
File: tmgjS8g.gif (574KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tmgjS8g.gif
574KB, 500x281px
>>73987760
Get some of the cheap as fuck NRR 30 or 33 foam plugs, they're cheap as fuck and work you fucking stupid autistic child
>>
>>73987760
Just buy cheap earplugs and bring them, you don't need fancy custom earplugs to protect your ears
If you think you might need them, just pop em in

I play drums and didn't use earplugs when I was younger, now my ears are fucked and I have slight tinnitus and it's a fucking curse
Also listening to loud music on your headphones is not anywhere comparable to a loud concert
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.