[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people stretch so far when interpreting rap lyrics. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

Why do people stretch so far when interpreting rap lyrics. I'm going to post pictures of an example.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170717-164722.png (666KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170717-164722.png
666KB, 1440x2560px
>>
that's the whole point of that site
>>
File: Screenshot_20170717-164745.png (633KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170717-164745.png
633KB, 1440x2560px
>>73985485
>>
File: Screenshot_20170717-164755.png (326KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170717-164755.png
326KB, 1440x2560px
>>73985505
>>
Nothing new. You should have been there during songmeanings.net's heyday. In fact it was probably worse considering everyone was analyzing bland indie rock/pop.
>>
Because music is descriptive and not prescriptive. Even if somebody shits on a piano and hits a few keys along the way there's going to be somebody trying to make theoretical sense out of it. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, it's how we can criticize and improve. You can always say it's not how the artist intended to do it but it's all a matter of perspective anyway and accidents do happen.
>>
>>73985486
I thought it was a meme at first but then I realized people actually cite this stuff to emphasis the cerebral element of rap. They're just gassing. This is actually humiliating.
>>
>>73985474
lol, take a college English class. you have yet to see real overanalysis.
>>
>>73985533
Well the answer to that is if they prove it by making theoretical sense and saying on their own without someone else speculating. Someone doing it for you is embarrassing and degrades the craft. Makes your listeners seem more sophisticated than you are.
>>
>>73985577
Are you stupid? That's the point of literature and there's a reason it's in the curriculum. Becuase it's a rich work open to interpretation and study. In this song someone literally wrote one word. The response was a human character study. It's a joke. And millennials think it's DEEP. I'm a millennial too but I'm not that idiotic and disengage culture often.
>>
>>73985644
No, you are clearly the stupid one.

>I'm a millennial too but I'm not that idiotic and disengage culture often.
edgy
>>
>>73985531

YES. and it was also full of people that thought Neil Young sang Horse with No Name and Madonna sang Girls Just Wanna Have fun
>>
>>73985603
crit is a part of art
you can't really have art without crit they go hand in hand
>>
>>73985804
>No you're stupid.
How old are you dude?
>>
>>73985856
Wtf are you talking about kek?
>>
>>73985938
You wrote an incredibly autistic sperg post. Get over it dude. Crawl back into the cave you came out of.
>>
>>73985956
So ad hominem is refutation eh Gilbert. I know a queef when I smell one. Learn proper argumentation numb nuts.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.