[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will there ever be a vaporwave revival?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: mightbeajokemightnot.jpg (11KB, 292x173px) Image search: [Google]
mightbeajokemightnot.jpg
11KB, 292x173px
Will there ever be a vaporwave revival?
>>
>>73984137
I hope not
>>
No, all the ironic memers have left the genres and the only people left are the ones who actually give a shit.
>>
>>73984144
/thread
>>
>>73984137
well yes, in the 30s
>>
>>73984137
It isn't dead, it just went back underground.

Where it belongs.
>>
>>73984174
the only people left are video game nerds that have completely misunderstood what made vaporwave (briefly) interesting in the first place

just look at "future funk", what an awful awful genre
>>
People who were into vaporwave now only care about jazz samples with midi drums over a anime picture.
>>
File: Image 34.jpg (1MB, 2301x1834px) Image search: [Google]
Image 34.jpg
1MB, 2301x1834px
Vaporwave is forever gone, luckily we have lofi hip hop youtube streams instead, the true patrician genre.. be grateful
>>
Oh shit vaporwave is dead? I just found out about it.
>>
File: vaporwave essentials.jpg (965KB, 1890x2700px) Image search: [Google]
vaporwave essentials.jpg
965KB, 1890x2700px
>>73984137
vaporwave fuck nigga here.
I think that there is potential for vaporwave albums to make a comeback but their is a problem with a full blown comeback.

Most of the new producers entering the genre are usually rehashing a more prominent persons style in the community.

The ones that arent are usually not appealing, not getting exposure since the community size shrunk significantly since 2014 or so when it peaked, or just play off of the traditional vaporwave sound which grows tiring after a while,

Vaporwave has become oversaturated with Future Funk and vapor fusions and dont stay that intact with the vapor style.

Most of the main names are either completely silent so new albums will lack sufficient hype:
>18 carat affair
>Midnight Television
>Internet Club
>Luxury Elite

Or main names have reached what many consider their creative peak.
>Macintosh Plus- Floral Shoppe
>Blank Banshee- Blank Banshee 0
>S U R F I N G- Deep Fantasy
>!8 Carat Affair- Live Of Vice
>Chuck Persons- Eccojams
>Saint Pepsi Luxury Elite- Late Night Delight
>deathsdynamicshroud.wmv- I'll Try Living Like This
>Yung Bae- Bae
>Esprit- Virtua.zip
>Vaperror- Mana Pool
>Syllabus- July
>James Ferraro- Far Side Virtual
>I can go on

Other than the fact that we cant expect them to do more than what they have already attributed to the genre there is also the fact that alot of these names also barely or dont add to the genre anymore.
>>
>>73987334
It died back in 2013 boi.
>>
>>73987410
GOD DAMN WEIRD 80S ELECTRO GENRE THAT ISN'T SHITTY NEOSYNTHWAVE! TAKEN TOO SOON!
>>
File: vaporwave is dead.png (1MB, 750x740px) Image search: [Google]
vaporwave is dead.png
1MB, 750x740px
>>73987347
>>73984137
If you try listening to albums outside of what I just posted there (the creative peaks and similar works) you will usually find the other works to be underwhelming with a few exceptions

So I dont think that a full on resurgance will be possible unless we get a bunch of new interesting faces emerge onto the scene or if we get alot of old names to return to the scene around the same time.

Other than that there is definitely the possibility of vaporwave albums going into the limelight since we have seen it before.
>Blank Banshee- Mega
>2814- 新しい日の誕生 (I consider this to be telepath and HKE's peaks as well.)

So ya thats basically the truth of vaporwave.

Since I answered this question.

THIS IS NOW A VAPORWAVE THREAD
>>73987334
>>
>>73984137
Isn't it already a revival of 80's/90's music?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.