[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

help me make a fake soundtrack i have a project i have to do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: robot.jpg (42KB, 631x430px) Image search: [Google]
robot.jpg
42KB, 631x430px
help me make a fake soundtrack

i have a project i have to do where i create a fake movie synopsis and pick 7-10 songs for a soundtrack

this movie is about a humanlike robot that gets thrust into being a 25 year old human in san francisco and has to struggle with jobs and people treating him poorly
then he gets fed up with everything after a while and moves to yosemite where he gets offered a low paying job as a trash collector and falls deeply in love with nature. one day while trash collecting a sudden crazy storm appears and hes never seen anything like it so he runs to the top of a mountain to witness it and eventually his mostly metal body gets struck by lightning and he iimmediately dies.

im trying to find a good mix of maybe like experimental synthy stuff that sounds robotic and then a good mix of very human music
>>
>>73983783
oh also i need a name but im having a really tough time
>>
>>73983783
BoC and Ulrich Schnauss sound pretty good for that.
>>
>>73984123
Good recs, I've actually picked 3 BoC songs out for it already, any suggestions for Ulrich? Never listened to much of him.
>>
>>73984161
i've only heard strangely isolated place, but it's good. Hauschka and Ben Frost are also worth checking out for electronic/origanic
>>
>>73983783
Goes By by Emeralds seems like an amazing choice for when he's in the forest contemplating nature
>>
I'm thinking some weird harsh noise could sound fitting for it

Maybe synth noise
>>
some autechre and happy by pharell
>>
>>73984334
spoiler alert: the humans are the bad guys in this one
>>
>>73983783
Maybe it would be cool if the "human music" had an undercurrent of artifice to it, to suggest the robot's inability to integrate.

For example, "Ode To Joy" has always historically been considered the theme tune to human enlightenment. It's been the theme tune for lots of political parties and movements over the years. Maybe you could include this robotic version of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MCnnfXPSHw

For the story, perhaps what the robot can never understand is why human beings make illogical decisions. He always follows his programming and that's why he can't connect on a human level with anyone. Then when he sees the storm, it's illogical to stay in harm's way, but he decides to override his programming so he can stay to watch, because he finds it beautiful, thus learning what it means to be human?

Possible songs: anything from the utopia soundtrack, some Survivor, laurie anderson - o superman, something twinkly for the human parts like avril 14th
>>
File: aoftheh.jpg (1017KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
aoftheh.jpg
1017KB, 750x750px
You definitely want some Morton Subotnick to highlight the mechanical parts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G1hRNLlYpg

Maybe Alvin Lucier for uncomfortable first steps of the man/machine organism
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm27VfFAXYk
>>
Some Pan Sonic songs (especially the first disc of Kesto) would fit, same for a lot of the elseq series by æ
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.