[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any Big Country fans out there?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: The Seer.jpg (55KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
The Seer.jpg
55KB, 640x640px
I've been really obsessed with their music video for 'The Teacher' http://www.mtv.co.uk/big-country/videos/the-teacher

It's really confusing and vague, I tried looking up the meaning but I couldn't find anything beyond how it reminded random Youtube commenters of their favorite high-school teacher.

I see the video in two ways, either the song is sung in the point of view of the older man in the Jean jacket, and since he's an alien of sorts, and he's learning stuff about Earth from Stuart Adamson (The singer and the guy in the front seat). The 'flashbacks' the old guy is getting is actually him visualizing what Stuart is telling him, and the line 'the bonds between the land and sea' is taken in a literal sense in that case. But this theory doesn't work all that well because the singer is in the front seat, and thus the song should be from his perspective.

My second idea is that the singer is being told to drive around by this old man, only to find out that the old man is an alien after learning a whole bunch of whatever from him.

I doubt anyone's going to read my thoughts fully and share their thoughts but, tell me what you think /mu/
>>
File: Key.png (261KB, 485x363px) Image search: [Google]
Key.png
261KB, 485x363px
Also this key has to hold some figurative meaning, but I don't have any ideas for it. Perhaps the video is just a mess of the 80s and doesn't contain any meaningful message.
>>
That lead guitar tone on In a Big Country is so fucking awesome and I wish I could steal it. The first time I saw Titus Andronicus I had a conversation with Stickles where he said the exact same thing.
>>
>>73980177
I've only listened to the song but I imagine the key is supposed to be a metaphor for "knowledge", it opens possibilities.

The whole song reflects a sort of "Scottish mysticism/traditionalism" of the knowledgeable elder imparting his wisdom onto his juniors. It's pretty on the nose about its themes. It's just about garnering wisdom so as to better understand the world.
>>
>>73980386
Hm, I was so caught up in the old guy being some higher entity or alien that I couldn't think he'd figuratively be an alien and literally be an old guy.

As in, maybe the end where he gets beamed into a space ship of sorts is him leaving in a sense. Maybe dying and having left his legacy on the younger man?
>>
>>73980153
Dad aren't you supposed to be working?
>>
>>73982068

made me spill bear
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.