[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about Drab Majesty?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: drabmajesty_10-2-15_008.jpg (563KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
drabmajesty_10-2-15_008.jpg
563KB, 1200x800px
I think they're incredible. Can't believe it took me this long to find them.

https://youtu.be/Xg-W3PVVSaQ

https://youtu.be/6RjAo3wLk_g
>>
>>73977968
Best modern goth duo. While they have a throwback feel, they don't sound like a mashup of circle jerking to The Cure and Joy Division with Siouxsie or the Sisters thrown in but instead expand upon the old sound with new innovation, unlike other gothic rock and dark wave artists out there.
>>
File: drab majesty 2017 tour.jpg (682KB, 1448x2047px) Image search: [Google]
drab majesty 2017 tour.jpg
682KB, 1448x2047px
>>73978298
thanks for saying something
i'm so glad i found them
>>
>>73978313
Been listening for a few years now since their first album, they're unique from everyone else and I firmly believe them to be at the foreguard of modern gothic innovation. I count myself lucky in being able to discover them relatively early in their career and even luckier to be seeing them live in coming time.
>>
>>73978330
how'd you come across them?
I just found them on weirdo music forever's instagram
I have GOT to move to California I swear to God
>>
>>73978343
I heard their stuff on a local college radio and looked around. Eventually I discovered them as I lurk on the goth subreddit because that's only place with a collective of goths that isn't full of pervs and dispossessed children with active discussion. There a few bloggers belonging to the belfry network where there's blogposts and podcasts made covering different topics of goth culture including music. There, I read a post titled "Best Goth Albums of 2015" and found their video for "Unknown to The I" and was hooked ever since.
>>
>>73978374
Thank you!
>>
>>73977968
I saw them open for King Dude and was pleasantly surprised - was expecting another cheesy neofolk act like him (although I do love King Dude)

since then, I've gotten more and more into them, but I don't see them as particularly innovative as other people in this thread seem to
>>
>>73978298
I saw them live and what you said is the exact impression I got from them. Generic modern goth with vaporwave motifs thrown in. It's tumblr bullshit from LA.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.