[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If mozart was alive today he would make prog

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 14

File: 152550-004-669D4462.jpg (17KB, 295x450px) Image search: [Google]
152550-004-669D4462.jpg
17KB, 295x450px
If mozart was alive today he would make prog
>>
I think we both know he'd be making Reggaeton.
>>
>>73977428
>>73977416
He wouldn't ever do any such things you filthy plebians.

Trust me. I know.

He'd still be pursuing the same thing he was then.
Time going by makes no difference for ones true passions
>>
>>73977428
he'd wear a fedora and people would call him 'cuck'

he'd still have more worth than the entire collective of human souls who post on here though

YOU FUCKING SHITPENNED PIGS
>>
if mozart was alive today he would have given up on prog in the 80s like the rest of society
>>
nigga can you imagine mozart on social media

that boi would be the greatest music troll the world has ever seen
>>
>>73977416
>if
>>
>>73977511
My favorite Pink Floyd song
>>
>>73977445
The Reggaeton post was most certainly a joke.
>>
>>73977819
Well I took it personally
>>
File: 1499839991935.jpg (620KB, 1552x2328px) Image search: [Google]
1499839991935.jpg
620KB, 1552x2328px
many threads here have agreed that grimes is the modern day mozart, prove me wrong
>>
no prog would survive mozartian subject abbreviation and deletion

prog is more analogous to academicism
>>
>>73977416
He would make contemporary classical. Composers always compose. They don't usually make sub-par genres like prog or other popular musics.

Mozart would be writing 30 part fugues using computers, writing symphonies with live electronics, writing VR operas, writing opening ceremonies for the olympic games, as well as all the usual things that composers nowadays do.
>>
>>73977838
>Can't read or write music
>Can't write a 4 part fugue, let alone a 6 part one.
>Doesn't know what the range of a clarinet is
>Doesn't know music theory
>Doesn't know form
>Has never written an opera
>Has never written a string quartet
>Has never written a symphony
>Has never written a piece in sonata form

She's the literal opposite of Mozart: Untrained, untalented, unimportant, forgettable, most people don't know who she is.
>>
File: parallel fifth.png (976KB, 800x1280px) Image search: [Google]
parallel fifth.png
976KB, 800x1280px
>>73977858
>using computers
no. besides mozart lost his identity in fugues, didnt feel comfortable in that form.
>>
File: f2b.png (165KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
f2b.png
165KB, 680x680px
>if
Don't think we don't know who you are OP.
>>
>>73977838
It's Brian Wilson
>>
>>73977888
classic
>>
>>73977889
I thought he was the modern day Bach
>>
>>73977879
>using computers
yes. Why not? computers speed up the composing process a hundredfold. Mozart would of course make use of this. The ability to write a piece for full orchestra, press 1 button to extract all the parts for the individual pages and then email PDFs to anywhere in the world would make Mozart a lot more productive, and a lot more global.

There are almost no composers who don't use computers these days. Many use pen and paper to start with, but the music always ends up in a computer program like sibelius or finale eventually.
>>
Mozart would be making trap beats for soundcloud rappers on a pirated version of FL Studio, a.k.a. the highest form of contemporary musical expression
>>
>>73977894
Not even close. Popular musicians don't come anywhere near classical composers. You have to be able to at least write a fugue, if not write full cantatas and passions to be a modern day Bach.
>>
>>73977904
Thats the lowest form of contemporary musical expression though. Contemporary classical composers exist. They still write for the concert hall and still write for classical musicians. They just have the ability to incorporate electronics and regularly use computer programs.
>>
>>73977901
>press 1 button to extract all the parts for the individual pages
well, that has nothing to do with composition, only as organizational aid.
>>
>>73977894
Mozart makes accessible, simple yet "perfect" music and so does Wilson. Also both will never die.
>>
File: 1500284127295.jpg (42KB, 600x413px) Image search: [Google]
1500284127295.jpg
42KB, 600x413px
>>73977838

holy shit i thought the memes about her having a mo was photoshopped

such a truely unappealing woman
>>
>>73977921
>he doesn't understand the musical complexity and innovation of Metro Boomin and Young Chop
How embarrassing
>>
>>73977878
you're so wrong

look at her musical ability right here (ESPECIALLY on the keyboard), she's awesome:

https://youtu.be/XhflnGpsvsQ?t=2m1s
>>
>>73977951
Every woman has a mustache. most just shave it off
>>
>>73977934
>that has nothing to do with composition, only as organizational aid.
it speeds up the composition process. Computer programs do that. The ability to copy and paste, quickly erase parts and re-do them, record MIDI improvisation or ideas in quickly, etc. makes programs excellent for composition. A composer would be a fool not to make use of them. Mozart was not a fool.

>>73978013
Come back when she can write a fugue. She is not a classical composer. You might think she's great, but until she can read and write music and understand music theory, she is nothing to the classical crowd.
>>
if mozart was alive today he'd probably collaborate with passenger of shit
>>
If Mozart was alive today he'd be really old
>>
File: 1475409425063.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1475409425063.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>73978041
Mozart would have never hit the black keys with child like musical innocence, this is a master at work.

She's not afraid to be reserved, the world is not ready to see her final musical form yet.
>>
>>73978077
ironic grimesposting is still grimesposting
>>
File: s.png (69KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
s.png
69KB, 500x300px
>>73978099
>>
>>73977951
every woman has a mustache, stop being so triggered. even your mother.
>>
File: every night.png (31KB, 426x256px) Image search: [Google]
every night.png
31KB, 426x256px
>>73978148
you lie
>>
>>73978148
every woman has upper lip hair, but most wouldn't be considered a "mustache". Its usually very light colored and almost invisible except in the right light.

Grimes has a grimy black mo, like some mexican guy
>>
File: ree.jpg (263KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ree.jpg
263KB, 2000x1000px
>>73978224
>>
>>73978234
just the color differs. dude, body and face hair is normal. how about stopping being so jugdemental about someone else's appearance? i'm damn sure you're not perfect appearance-wise. maybe you're hairy like a monkey.
>>
File: 1496879466699.jpg (170KB, 1392x996px) Image search: [Google]
1496879466699.jpg
170KB, 1392x996px
>>73978013
>F# Major Pentatonic
>>
if Mozart were alive, we'd call him shit and he'd be pleb tier
>>
>>73978788
don't think mozart could come up with that though so whats your point? did you even listen to it ?

synth work is incredibly intricate with the way it blends with the background beats.
>>
>>73978788
he seriously thinks that's some madskillz.
>>
>>73978980
its incredibly easy to make music that sounds nice by only hitting black keys.
>>
>>73978304
its fun judging grimes appearance as hideous.
it makes her fans angry
>>
>>73978980
Mozart used pentatonic scales.
>>
>>73979129
he didn't use synths and delay lines like grimes is

much more complex dealing with those variables, mozart would not be able to handle that

plus these songs are 8 minutes long !
>>
>>73979105
that's mean and rude
>>
>>73978788
>>73979129
>>73978013

to whoever this retard is lemme tell you some hard shit, because at some point you have to accept it. Grimes is not special in anyway. the only, and I mean only thing she has going for her is her voice, and of course you autistic waifu fags. I could outplay grimes on any fucking instrument im more than 100% confident in that. hell most no talent hacks who play for fun could outplay her. you know why she played in F# here its because the key is literally the easiest to visualize on piano. she probably didnt even know it was F#.

Now comparing your dumpster fir obsession to Mozart is the most insulting thing I have ever heard anyone say. do you know how fucking disrespectful it is? do you realize Mozart wrote fucking masterpieces without an instrument. the fucker would literal get hammered and just write out entire symphonies and ever single one was amazing. no one, and I mean no one except maybe miles could come anywhere near Mozart musical skill. let alone grimes. she is bad, she is NOT talented, and sooner or later you need to realize that.
>>
>>73979925
>Grimes is not special in anyway. the only, and I mean only thing she has going for her is her voice, and of course you autistic waifu fags.
Absolutely bullshit. Not only she doesn't consider herself a singer but a songwriter-producer, but also her instrumentals are the main dish. She's really good at making instrumentals.

>I could outplay grimes on any fucking instrument im more than 100% confident in that.
Yeah sure. That's why you're a nobody and she's famous. The songwriting talent is way more important than playing skills. If you play well an instrument, fine, but you're not on the same level as a creator of songs. You're a mere worker while she's the engineer. Know your place.

>she probably didnt even know it was F#.
It doesn't matter at all. Music theory is just conventions of the existing facts. She has intuition to create great music without knowing music theory. Is it a conicidence that mostly failed musicians (like you) hate her?

>Now comparing your dumpster fir obsession to Mozart is the most insulting thing I have ever heard anyone say. do you know how fucking disrespectful it is? do you realize Mozart wrote fucking masterpieces without an instrument. the fucker would literal get hammered and just write out entire symphonies and ever single one was amazing. no one, and I mean no one except maybe miles could come anywhere near Mozart musical skill. let alone grimes. she is bad, she is NOT talented, and sooner or later you need to realize that.
>stop liking what i dislike
Are you his lawyer? Why are you so mad defending a dude that's dead for centuries?
>>
>>73980995
Holy shit. Grimesfags will go to the ends of the Earth to defend her.
Any pleb knows Mozart > their favorite artist
>>
>>73981048
>Any pleb knows Mozart > their favorite artist
Because music media brainwashed them? Could you even prove that objectively?
>inb4 music taste is not subjective
>>
>>73981048
>Any pleb knows Mozart > their favorite artist
Btw, nice btfo yourself: you just admitted that you're a pleb and you know that Mozart > your shitty favorite artist.
>>
>>73979348
>he didn't use synths
I wonder why

>>73979925
B T F O
T
F
O
>>
>>73978041
>Come back when she can write a fugue.
Grimes' music is filled with the use of imitative counterpoint applied to digital music samples. Eg. the live jam at the beginning of this video has all the characteristics of a multi-subject fugue, complete with things like retrograde episodes of the various subjects.
https://youtu.be/xpupdoI4BPM

Is it a fugue in a purely traditional classical sense? Hell no. Is it almost entirely based on imitative counterpoint? Hell yes.
>>
>>73981354
How do you know that Mozart isn't his favorite artist?

>>73980995
>That's why you're a nobody and she's famous
Wow, so Grimes got lucky getting famous, and that anon didnt. That's DEFINITELY a good measure of talent
>but you're not on the same level as a creator of songs
And Grimes is a better creator of songs than Mozart?
>it doesn't matter at all
Yes it does. Claiming that she's talented for only making a melody on the black keys when it is incredibly easy to do so in the F# major pentatonic is simply ignorant
>is it a coincidence that mostly falied musicians hate her?
Well that's not even true, but even if it was, why wouldn't the anon dislike Mozart and Miles if his main method of judging music was how famous they got?
>why are you so mad
Good argument

>>73981322
>because music media brainwashed them?
Almost like the music medias constant praise of Grimes, huh?
>>
>>73979925
see
>>73981436

Is Grimes Mozart? No. Does her contemporary electronic based music cover a lot of the same ground as what normally only a neo-classical composer would be doing? Yes.
>>
>>73981436
>>73981512
Ok, so she did one of the characteristics that was asked of her to be Mozarts equivalent. Please provide the rest.
>>
I think we can all agree that Mozart is definitely sexier than Grimes
>>
>>73977416
Mozart would write top 40 billboard trash. You know its true
>>
>>73981628
This is what Alessandro Stradella would do
>>
>>73981481
>Wow, so Grimes got lucky getting famous, and that anon didnt. That's DEFINITELY a good measure of talent
Of course. That means her art got an audience. That's a measure of success. She makes art for other people to enjoy + for the money, that's the whole point of making music professionally. She achieved her goal, more or less.
>And Grimes is a better creator of songs than Mozart?
That's subjective. It depends how much you enjoy their respective works. I personally prefer Grimes more than Mozart.
>Yes it does. Claiming that she's talented for only making a melody on the black keys when it is incredibly easy to do so in the F# major pentatonic is simply ignorant
You're the actual ignorant. Making great melodies using big constraints (only black keys) that's a sign of genius. Making more with less, creating a Ferrari from a metal sheet, creating a David from a block of marble.
>Well that's not even true, but even if it was, why wouldn't the anon dislike Mozart and Miles if his main method of judging music was how famous they got?
There's a catch: he hates modern artists that got a decent amount of success. That's his competition, not some famous dead guys.
Miles and Mozart are very established; saying you like them has zero controversy. Meanwhile, saying you like Grimes that's more challenging because she's too new. If she had a long career like Bjork I bet you would treat her differently - with more respect. You're actually influenced by consensus.
>>
>>73981685
and Christoph Willibald Gluck
>>
>>73979925
>>73978788
>>Thinking in F# and not Gb
>>
>>73981703
>that means her art got an audience
Not a measure of talent
>making great melodies using big constraints (only black keys) that's a sign of genius.
Not if there's an incredibly easy way to do so. It's the equivalent of building a statue out of a marble block, but luckily, there's a certain way for you to hit it that will instantly turn it into a statue
>There's a catch
I would love to see how you know this, other than Grimes he hasn't displayed any dislike for any modern artist. I think that you just might be projecting
>>
If Mozart was alive, you fucks would probably all be calling him pitchfork fantano etc. meme trash
>>
Grimes is the Mozart of today, this is an indisputable fact
>>
>>73977497
>just constantly posting fart and poop jokes while beautiful music that beats any contemporary plays on 15 second instagram clips

holy shit we need to revive this nigga
>>
>>73981764
See
>>73977878
>>
This thread is beyond autistic. You people fell for a silly meme and now you're genuinely debating it like a serious topic. Imagine wasting valuable hours of your life comparing fucking Grimes and fucking Mozart as if they are even remotely similar in any way.

Consider killing yourselves.
>>
>>73981721
The point is that calling it major pentatonic is redundant since all pentatonic is based on the diatonic ionian collection you massive fucking retard
>>
>>73981532
>Please provide the rest.
Why? She isn't Mozart. There is only one modern day Mozart: Mozart, because his music still exists as a cultural force.

Which doesn't mean you can't make serious comparisons between the music of a contemporary artist like Grimes and Mozart's. Because, as I just clearly pointed out, similarities exist.
>>
>>73981927
>similarities exist
Sure, just as similarities exist between Mozart and almost every modern artist. That does not mean that Grimes is the "modern Mozart"
>>
>>73977445
Mozart please leave
>>
>>73981871
>stop unironically talking about music on a music discussion board
Lol top kek
>>
>>73981748
>>73981703
Holy shit, you're both autistic fucking idiots.

One point right out the gate, what is with this concept that it is easy to make a melody with an F# major pentatonic? By this logic, it would be just as easy to make a melody in any pentatonic scale, because you could just transpose it to any other key. Why is F# your point here, just because it's the black keys on the piano? Why are the black keys easier than using the white keys and playing in C major?
Wouldn't it be even easier to make a melody in c major? You get leading tones, which add tension and release to the music, everyone and their mother knows the damn major scale, whether or not they even know it's called that. Making a major melody can be done really easily.

Secondly, Grimes is nowhere near Mozart's level of musical ability, and to even imply that just shows profound ignorance as to what Mozart was able to do. He could write entire symphonies, never hearing what he was even making except in his own head. He had a knack for doing complex things and making it sound like beautiful ear candy. He mastered several instruments and had toured a continent by the time he was 10.

But finally, Grimes and Mozart operate in completely different spheres of music, and to even compare them is a dumb idea. Mozart was all about the MUSIC. Modern music, like Grimes, is all about the TIMBRE. They're different things.

If Mozart was alive today, he'd probably have kept up with the times and be making something completely different than he did back then, because that stuff is old hat. It's been taught in universities for 200 years, and the innovation isn't there anymore.
>>
>>73981958
>That does not mean that Grimes is the "modern Mozart"
Why are you repeating something I said like I didn't say it while quoting the very post in which I said it? Are you a sperg?
>>
>>73981882
There are plenty of non-western pentatonic scales that are not based around ionian mode
>>
>>73982030
I'm just making a point towards the rest of the thread, really, not to you

>>73982024
>what is it with this concept
I dunno I heard someone else say it and I'm autistic about this shit so I beleived it. Should probably work on that.
>>
File: 1477108117955.jpg (76KB, 1123x552px) Image search: [Google]
1477108117955.jpg
76KB, 1123x552px
>>73977838
we can't go 10 fucking minutes without you grimes shitters ruining a thread and any could fall victim. kys
>>
>>73982089
see
>>73981974
>>
>>73982359
Doesn't change the fact that they turned the thread into people legitimately thinking that Grimes is the new Mozart
>>
i am so glad im not grimes
>>
>>73982048
Don't you educate me

Either way I would actually argue that most if not all are simply rotations of the ionian mode. However I do not think that that covers non-western modes. Do you have any examples with notation/info?
>>
what is it with older people glorifying older music?
my theory is that these people are afraid of death. everytime someone comes out with a new sound that builds upon older styles people are reminded of their mortality. they fear that they aren't as important as they once thought. they are not the center of the universe. the advancement of technology and art scares them because they know that they will never be alive to enjoy what technological development has to offer

they feel robbed of this so they pansy around yelling obscenities to anyone who dares make the claim that music of the current generation is way more intellectually stimulating than previous generations. they use typical adhominem attacks and weak arguments like compare lady gaga to bob dylan completely mowing over the fact that 60s and 70s radio pop music is just as bad. in reality bob dylan was really just the bon iver of the 60s.

they are afraid of mortality so they try to deify the time that they were alive to make it immortal. they're so selfish that they get off on the fact that their "time" was better than any other "time" in the remaining 1-2 decades that they have left on planet earth.

here's the bitter truth: music, literature, film etc.. and the arts in general are just in their infancy. it is a 2 week old fetus. it will be "born" when immersive virtual reality becomes the norm. yes bands like the velvet underground and writers like james joyce helped create some of the tissue fibre of the baby but they are merely just an atom compared to the rest of the baby. the artists of the future will prove to be the stoic gods that the dads of today consider musicians of their time to be.

you have to accept the fact that your best people are but a blip on the radar in the grand scheme of things and at most will have had a say in how an atom of a tissue fibre of art will look like to onlookers in a million millennia
>>
>>73982417
>people legitimately thinking
If by 'people' you actually mean (You), that just makes you stupid. And gullible.
>>
>>73977416
I would make rock you idiots
>>
>>73982574
>the arts in general are just in their infancy
no, only music
and it was killed shortly after mozart and beethoven
>>
i imagine he'd make some tim hecker type shit
>>
>>73982814
>they were just pretending to be retarded while they wrote multi-paragraph long justifications
>>
>>73982866
he would only venture into rock to make a few patrician albums, like he ventured into opera to btfo Gluck. oh and he would fix the Wagner anomaly.
>>
>>73981871
>comparing fucking Grimes and fucking Mozart
Anyone could be compared to anyone. Why are you so triggered? Are you Mozart?
>>
>>73982417
>having a problem with other people's opinions
Are you an autist?
>>
>>73982956
>there are stupid obsessive people who post on 4chan
Are you new here?
>>
File: 3_3.png (295KB, 700x5410px) Image search: [Google]
3_3.png
295KB, 700x5410px
>>73982574
Great post. This comic is very relevant to this situation: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/believe
>>
>>73982956
>>they
You're clearly talking about just one other anon, anon. You not realizing that just indicates you're stupid,
>>
>>73980995
Im mad because you think this retard has talent. being famous doesn't equate to musical skill. implying someone is talented based of their success is so fucking dumb. if that's the truth then Elvis is literally the most talented god tier musician ever. I'm also sure I could write better than grimes. my point here is you're in denial that your goblin god sucks, and fucking comparing her to the actual greatest musician who ever lived is either profound ignorance, or profound disrespect.

also ill take a second to address the failed musician aspect. if you've ever been to NYC and been in more than 2 jazz clubs im 100% certain you've seen me play. I play for a living that's all I do. I was a studio musician for 3 years before getting the opportunity to play live full time so im also on my fair share of albums.

your goblin may be known, but ask any player if she's talented and the answer is always a resounding no. I can pull out my looper and lay down a track in her same vein 10X better than her, and I'm not even in the same genre.
>>
>>73981721
she's playing F# pentatonic not Gb Ionian so really you're the retard here for not realizing it.
>>
>>73983895
The autism of this comic is that it assumes that listen == change, which assumes that whatever is being said is ultimately for the better. It also assumes that humans even really can fight that instinctive fighting urge, that in acknowledging its existence it somehow goes away. Changes are if you agreed with all the facts set up in the comic it isn't because you fought your core instincts, it's because you kind of on some level always believed those things, and just needed facts to confirm those beliefs.

The easiest way to get somebody to change their mind is to connect with them on an emotional level and get them to lower those defenses.
>>
>>73983924
*slow claps*

*steps out of the shadows*

Heh... not bad, kid. Not bad at all. Your meme, I mean. It's not bad. A good first attempt. It's plenty dank... I can tell it's got some thought behind it... lots of quotable material...

But memeing isn't all sunshine and rainbows, kid. You're skilled... that much I can tell. But do you have what it takes to be a Memester? To join those esteemed meme ranks? To call yourself a member of the Ruseman's Corps? Memeing takes talent, that much is true. But more than that it takes heart. The world-class Memesters - I mean the big guys, like Johnny Hammersticks and Billy Kuahana - they're out there day and night, burning the midnight meme-oil, working tirelessly to craft that next big meme.

And you know what, kid? 99 times out of a hundred, that new meme fails. Someone dismisses it as bait, or says it's "tryhard," or ignores it as they copy/paste the latest shitpost copypasta dreamt up by those sorry excuses for cut-rate memers over at reddit. The Meme Game is rough, kid, and I don't just mean the one you just lost :^). It's a rough business, and for every artisan meme you craft in your meme bakery, some cocksucker at 9gag has a picture of a duck or some shit that a million different Johnny No-Names will attach a milion different captions to. Chin up, kid. Don't get all mopey on me. You've got skill. You've got talent. You just need to show your drive.

See you on the boards...
>>
>>73977858
The only thing that modern composers do are soundtracks. Also, Mozart wouldn't fall for the VR meme.
>>
>>73984082
>implying I was memeing

Nah im sick of grimes fags, and grimes. her fanbase is literally her waifu fags, and to be honest thats the same with a lot of artists. the difference is other waifu fags dont derail entire threads. she isn't the worst artist ever but the best of the decade? really? like if it was some elaborate ironic meme I could get in on it but these people really believe it.
>>
>>73977838
i can't
grimes is one of the best artists of all time
>>
>>73982482
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insen_scale
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iwato_scale
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yo_scale

I mostly just know Japanese scales. But I suppose that you're right, most can just be viewed as a mode of a regular old pentatonic scale. Though some of them behave like melodic minor, in that they have certain tones flatted when descending.
>>
>>73983924
>Im mad because you think this retard has talent.
>ad hominem attacks
Just what I need to know about you: you're an envious prick who can't stand that a superior musician is so appreciated and even compared to Mozart. You will never be compared to Mozart. You're a mere nobody. Maybe you're competent at playing your instrument but that's like saying a car washer is skilled. Who cares? What music did you CREATE? Do you seriously believe you can surpass her even at playing samplers and synths? Do you think making her layered music is easy as a walk in the park?
>>
>>73982574
>Bob Dylan the Bon Iver of the 60s
Grimesfags are the cancer of this board.
>>
>>73984153
>she isn't the worst artist ever but the best of the decade? really?
Dude, everyone is entitled to believe whatever the fuck they want. If a group of people believe that she's the best of the decade, how does that affect you? You're losing money or what?
>>
File: 1eTqBeLU.png (2MB, 734x950px) Image search: [Google]
1eTqBeLU.png
2MB, 734x950px
>>73984315
>implying the board isn't already cancerous
>implying they're not the cure
>>
>>73984188
>>73984277
Holy samefag. Grimesfags need to tie piano wire around their necks. I'm pretty sure any decent jazz player has 100x the musical talent of Grimes. She isn't even in the top 20 producers of the past 5 years. And you think she hold a candle to someone who has been praised for centuries.
>>
>>73983846
>having a problem with people turning a thread into shitflinging and retarded justifications is autistic
>>
>>73983998
F# major is enharmonically equivalent to Gb major dumbass. And the pentatonic is just major but leaving out two notes. It's the same thing, with a different names for each note.
That was the joke you damn retard.
>>
>>73984277
>doesn't know what an ad hominem attack is
>>
>>73984188
Not who you're talking to, but you do realize that Jazz is mostly improvisation, so he's creating music while he is playing. Shit that hasn't been done before.
>>
>>73977428

Mozart would love Despacito if he were alive today.
>>
>>73979925
fucking eviscerated
>>
>>73984424
>I'm pretty sure any decent jazz player has 100x the musical talent of Grimes.
HA HA HA HA HA! That talent is futile if it's used to make boring ass music aka jazz. Grimes makes actual great music. Technical wankery is nothing without soul and melody.
>>
>>73985031
How many jazz albums have you listened to? How many instruments do you play?
>>
>>73984930
You were eviscerated? I feel bad for you.
>>
>>73984277
Different anon here
Sorry to break it to you buddy but Grimes isn't even what someone could call "well known"
I didn't even know she existed until i started visiting /mu/, and i'm sure the 80-90% of people who do as little as keep up with modern music don't know her either.
So it's kinda hypocritical lashing out to him about being a mere nobody when Grimes is the leader of a cult consisting of a miniscule amount of people
>>
>>73985090
>I didn't even know she existed until i started visiting /mu/
Seriously? Did you even read the music press? She's literally on every music site. Her song Oblivion was Pichfork's song of 2012, her album Art Angels was #3 on p4K's AOTY list. Even Robert Christgau reviewed her albums. Are you living under a rock?

Take a look here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Angels#Year-end_lists

BTW I can assure you she's far more popular than that anon who plays jazz.
>>
>>73985300
Well i'll be damned. And yes Grimes is by far more popular than jazz anon. But you seem to forget the fact that just because someone is popular doesn't mean that they are because they are talented or smth. Otherwise the Kardashians would be some of the most charismatic human beings in existence. I have tried to listen and get into Grimes, but luckily i can distinguish the difference between music and a bunch of overlapping synth and
tunes compined with a pretty voice and an avant garde music clip.
>>
Jesus christ, you gullible autists are still arguing?
>>
>>73985578
>But you seem to forget the fact that just because someone is popular doesn't mean that they are because they are talented or smth.
In this case her popularity is well earned. Her music is so enchanting and unique. There's literally nothing like her music. Trust me, I've heard tons of synthpop and non-synthpop albums.
The emotional impact is the most important thing in music, not some technical stuff or whatever.
>>
>>73986108
>implying that jazz doesn't use the technical ability to perfectly capture emotions
please answer >>73985055
>>
>>73977445
He would never become a musical academic. He'd probably be in something like a Radiohead. Popular band with musically educated members.
>>
>>73977445
Music simpleton.

He'd be making jazz death metal elecronica fusion.
>>
>>73977879
Whoever made this. You work quick
Thread posts: 128
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.