[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drumfags out there, I bought a drum set yesterday and I want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: badumdumtsssbadumts.jpg (71KB, 664x600px) Image search: [Google]
badumdumtsssbadumts.jpg
71KB, 664x600px
Drumfags out there, I bought a drum set yesterday and I want to learn. is there any kind of website/yt channel like justinguitar.com that teach you from the very beginning to a intermediate state? anything like that? there is a better way to learn drums? some tips?

also, pic related is my drum set
>>
File: 1500150228894.jpg (126KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1500150228894.jpg
126KB, 750x1334px
>>
>>73973815
/thread
>>
Practice rudiments and playing beats to a metronome. Work on proper stick grip and utilize the "bounce".
>>
It's always best to practice your inner rhythm.
Sit at your drum set without the sticks and first imagine the beat you want to lay down, now start to make the motions with your hands. After a while, get your sticks and play.
This is how I learned back in Middle school, but I can't give you much information about the more advanced stuff, because the high school instructor was an asshole.
>>
>>73973910
>>73973855
thanks a lot, i just write down those tips i na note book. thanks again
>>
>>73973910
dont do this.

get syncopation for the modern drummer and Stick Control.
figure out the difference between hitting shit more or less in time and making music.
>>
>>73973794
>he bought a scrub-tier Tama
I'm holding back on my smug folder because drumfaggots are so rare on here. If I saw more of them I'd maybe try starting a general or something. Honestly the best way to start learning is with a teacher desu, I wouldn't trust a complete beginner with self-teaching until you have someone experienced help you get the fundamentals good. If you want to actually get good at drumset, you have to get a *lot* of technique in your hands, and in your feet to some extent. Try to find a good local teacher to get you started, after you've become solid with them you can maybe change paths some
>>
Also, these >>73975265 are essential. They're no help if you practice them poorly though, or if your technique's shit going through them, again this is where a teacher would come in handy
>>
>>73973794
i got some roland v drums on ebay and im gonna hook em up to superior drummer 2 isbthisna. good idea?
>>
>>73973794
Drumeo is a good website, but your best bet is private, face-to-face lessons.
>>
>>73973794
Figure out how to play the most basic beat, then just start playing to your favorite songs and you'll slowly pick up different things from listening and playing along. Fuck playing with a metronome, learn to develop a groove and pocket.
>>
>>73975672
This is terrible advice. OP do NOT listen to this guy.
>>
>>73975672
this is dumb
>>
>>73975672
t. person who played drums shittily in middle/high school but never got TOO good at it because fuck the rules, maaaaaaan
>>
>>73973794
GET PRIVATE LESSONS

You'll learn so much more from an actual person than some YouTube video.

Also, LISTEN! Your most powerful tool as a drummer is your ear.
>>
>>73975862
yes, but when i use my ear, my nose hits the rim.
>>
>>73973794
I want to teach you for free but can't.
>>
OP here, thanks for all the answers, really appreciate the help and everything.
Since I couldn't find any teacher around I did start the idea of get some dvd's of drum lessons or >>73975606
>>73975265, there is some more Essential dvds/sites? thanks again for all the help

>>73975429
whats wrong with tama? I really new and I'm just curious, also, thanks for the advice, I'll still looking for a teacher.
>>
Honestly? Buy rock band, and get one of the later edition drum pads, like the beatles one
>>
>>73976751
>>
>>73975429
>If I saw more of them I'd maybe try starting a general or something
I tried, it had 2 semi decent threads and died. Still want one tho
>>
>>73975672
>>73975704
>>73975713
>>73975716
The only bad part about this is
>Fuck playing with a metronome
Nothing wrong with the rest
>>
>>73976917
just because he says groove and pocket doesnt mean shit. the fuck you gonna learn to groove if you dont even know what a groove is and you listenin to no-groove-havin music muthafucker?
>>
>>73976170
Drumeo is good, Stephen Taylor is a clickbait master but decent.
read books, a lot. Stick Control/accents and rebounds are the most important ones, but also check out Syncopation for the Modern Drummer and Marvin Dahlgren's 4-2ay coordination. Get ANY book that has a lot of different beats and licks in it to build a vocabulary, Realistic Rock and Drums Up to Date are cool. Learn music theory, at least regarding to rhytm.
>>
>>73977002
I meant the whole second part. The first sentence is solid advice though.
>>
Why not just play along to your favourite music and then replicate that later with a metronome.
>>
>>73973794
You can find a load of lessons here http://www.drummerworld.com/drumclinic.html

Probably only really useful when you have an idea of what direction you want to practice in. I would say to start off make sure you watch a few tutorials on grip though, if you develop bad grip habits you could end up permanently fucking your wrists and forearms.
>>
>>73977058
4-way* xdddddd
>>
I beat the hell out of my brothers drum set... fricking bumps all over the toms etc. don't hit that hard
>>
anyone got a pdf link for accents and rebounds?
>>
>>73976180
As someone who's played RB drums for a few years, you miss out on some essentials by doing this. You don't learn the hi-hat pedal or actual drumming technique. It's good for little kids to learn the very basic fundamentals but treating it as more than a video game is a bad idea.
>>
bye drum thread

>>73977625
anyone?
>>
>>73976917
>dude you don't need to learn technique or anything first just play your favorite drum beats and ur a drummer haha
>fuck playing with a metronome, just GROOVE AND POCKET BRO XD
>although I don't really know what those words mean, they don't have anything to do with TIME right...?
Literally none of what he said is a good way to go about learning drums as a beginner.
>>
>>73976170
>whats wrong with tama?
Literally nothing, their higher end drums are pretty cool, mostly personal preference and a little snobbery bants since the drums I own are a considerable number of tiers above the kit you purchased.
>>
>>73978757
my first kit was blue fucking sparkles and rusty hardware.
of course now ive got a nice gretsch set . . . .
>>
>>73973794
I just got a drum set this february and I been learning to play just by the Drumeo videos on jewtube

I learned to play back in black in like one or two weeks

By now the most difficult song that I almost finishing to learn to play well is immigrant song

Search for independence exercises. That help you a lot to start
>>
>>73977188

not sure thats something to be proud about.
>>
>>73979088
I seriously lucked out and avoided the whole "first drumset" thing, I jumped from a shitty yamaha electric kit to a Yamaha Maple Absolute Custom thanks to a private teacher.
>>
>>73973794
Been playing drums for 15 years now. Get private lessons. Don't get a double pedal until you can do good doubles on a single pedal. Work on good posture. Don't sit too low, high is better. Learn to read sheet music for drums.

This video is essential no matter your skill. Watch it every day. Gavin Harrison is a wise man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bedjJzQu6Lk
>>
>>73976170
Nothing at all wrong with Tama for a beginner. But when you decide to upgrade, keep this in mind: The best drums money can buy are German made Sonor drums. DW will try to sell with marketing, as will many other brands. The best play Sonor SQ2 kits for a reason.
>>
File: red cutie.jpg (141KB, 465x620px) Image search: [Google]
red cutie.jpg
141KB, 465x620px
>>73980391
>t. sonor marketer
Your kits are good but there is no way I'd place them over glorious handmade Nippon wood.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.