[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do a lot of albums have a a Japan bonus track(s)? Why don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1449308377219.png (296KB, 649x649px) Image search: [Google]
1449308377219.png
296KB, 649x649px
Why do a lot of albums have a a Japan bonus track(s)? Why don't they just put that shit on the whole release?
>>
CDs in Japan cost more so it is a way to get them to actually bother to buy the CDs
Don't know why it still happens when no one buys physical music anymore but that's why it started
>>
>>73961495
Import laws that makes buying Japan market CDs more expensive, the bonus track encourages Japs to buy the Japanese market releases instead of importing one made for release in America.

>>73961602
In Japan physical music is still huge. There are Best-Buy-sized stores there full of nothing but CDs. This is why their music industry earns as much money as it does.
>>
>>73961602
>CDs in Japan cost more
you are damn right. i got the phoenix wright soundtrack over there at tower records for like $30. its not even the orchestra version, its just 8bit from the game. still cool i have it though just to say i do
>>
>>73961674
u r pathetic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfNmjbGR-nc
>>
>>73961697
this is why i like /mu/

even the hate is super passive. you go on /a/ or /lit/ and they get furious. at least you were short and sweet.

got bless this board and america
>>
>>73961880
don't compare /a/ to /lit/.

/lit/ is a bunch of nu-males

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5HP9XraqyM
>>
>>73961952
can we agree that /a/ is filled with man babies and their sharethreads are toxic?
>>
>>73961602
>but that's why it started

Are you retarded? They were putting in bonus tracks way before pirating and purchasing music online was a thing.

Also bonus tracks in general ruined the album. The artist put a track as the last for a reason and ending it with the bonus track just ruined the whole experience.
>>
>>73962073
I can agree that 4chan is full of nu-males making fun of nu-males though.
>>
>>73962075
It wasn't to combat piracy, it was to combat people importing from foregin buyers, because CDs for whatever reason were much more expensive in Japan. Bonus tracks and more interesting packaging were their attempts at keeping the market in Japan.
>>
because japanese are weird and like extra things all the time
>>
>>73962073
/a/ is old /b/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdVhkYShNoo
>>
>>73962175
>skinny teens with fidget spinners
>can actually skate
im conflicted
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.