[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spotify

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: SpotifyIcon.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
SpotifyIcon.png
4KB, 225x225px
Is anyone here a Spotify user or have their music on Spotify? I haven't been able to find a good community related to it other than their cancerous forums.

Post your spotify stuff, also spotify general
>>
Stop trying to force Spotify threads
>>
>>73956370

Is there a stigma about spotify that I'm not aware of?
>>
I have around 3,700 songs saved. I'll just direct you to the nearest crossover thrash band, D.R.I.
>>
File: dri.jpg (16KB, 267x274px) Image search: [Google]
dri.jpg
16KB, 267x274px
This is relevant to my interest. Recently switched to Spotify because Pandora is shutting down in my country. Having used Pandora for many years I really like the 'radio' function where you just pick a genre and it play random musics related to that genre and Pandora will keep pick/add songs based on your past song choices. However, I haven't been able to find the same function on spotify. It has playlists but the songs are the same and in the same order every time. I want something more random.
Help or should I try other music apps?
>>
>>73956850

I don't know. I'm in the same boat where I just recently started using it as well. I would like this information too. The playlists on spotify get stale really quick

>>73956612

thanks I'll check it out
>>
>>73956850
it has a radio function you just have to right click any artist or song. it's not very in depth but it can still work to discover new music. if you don't care about that and just want to put something on to forget about there are user made playlists you can just search up a genre for with more songs/variety than official playlists
>>
i've had the premium version for a good year and a half at this point, and it's way better than without the subscription. it has enough for me, and i've even found some cool albums through it. i'm in the minority that doesn't use the playlists, however. a bit of a ramble, but what i'm trying to say is get premium if you like the service. it makes the app a million times better.
>>
what's the best way to get your music on spotify?
>>
>>73957386

I use DistroKid. It's an annual fee, but you keep 100% royalty. CD Baby is another popular option. Usually if you're signed to a record label, they handle it for you
>>
>>73956850

I feel like Spotify gets me stuck listening to same stuff I already like. It bothers me when I see the app say "5 mixes of your favorite music. Always fresh"

I feel like I'm being mocked.
>>
>>73957386
I used tunecore, but there are lots of others that are just as good.

>>73957739
What kind of music do you make?
>>
File: trash.jpg (134KB, 778x1018px) Image search: [Google]
trash.jpg
134KB, 778x1018px
I also just tried download google play music, turns out, it doesn't even HAVE the radio function in Australia (at least for the free version), great...
>>
>>73957790

https://open.spotify.com/artist/306RK3Bf60b2pyJU9p1VPE

This is me. I make electronic music.

How about you?
>>
>>73957903
Damn, don't listen to this style of electronic but I can appreciate how well mixed it is, really nice job man.

I do kinda plunderphonic lofi stuff I guess.
Only have the one thing up, working on lots of new stuff.

https://open.spotify.com/artist/6bOzA60OYRGuVYZfA6Qweo
>>
It was pretty good during the beginning. All of the popular albums are available and a pretty decent 'underground' selection.

But because of the song limit, I wasn't able to save all my albums that I liked and eventually discovered. That coupled with connectivity issues, and most of the music I listen to isn't even on Spotify now.

I now just download music from SoulSeek and use Foobar. Soulseek is way better for downloading 'obscure' music not on Spotify, which I get from recommendations here. Planning to buy a portable music player as well.
>>
https://open.spotify.com/artist/6cxx0cktWwhTwJ1lqZ5bDf
>>
>>73956850
Song radio is one of my favourite functions.
Choose a song, right click on it and go to song radio. This will recommend a never ending list of songs related to the original.
>>
https://open.spotify.com/artist/4j0Py0UlkChw77ZJ5PWw82
>>goth// psychedelic pop// r&b

thius is my most recent project
it's also on my bandcamp for free
>>
>2017
>still using shitify
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.