[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Genuine thoughts on this guy? Just now really getting into him.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

Genuine thoughts on this guy? Just now really getting into him.
>>
>>73949857
hes good
>>
He seems like a nice dude.
>>
>>73949857
His best moments are some of my favorites in music, but I don't love his whole discography as much as some people do. I had a big Bob Dylan phase when I was younger but I don't revisit his stuff all that much

What have you listened to so far OP?
>>
>>73949857
real cool guy OP

anyone who doesn't like him is a buttblasted /lit/fag
>>
who's that
>>
>>73949857
no one can agree whether he's a great poet or a hack and i think that's just how he'd like it
>>
>>73949922
this desu
>>
File: bjork.jpg (8KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
bjork.jpg
8KB, 228x221px
>His voice is too nasal. And it's like literature music. Quite boring three-chord structures serve as a bed for words. I'm too much of a music lover for that to happen.
>>
>>73949922
i listened to blonde on blonde, blood on the tracks, highway 61 revisited, and bringing it all back home back in january. i don't think it really clicked at that point, but just revisited the latter two albums today and i'm really digging it now. favorite track at the moment is it's all over now baby blue.
>>
>>73950037
i love both of their music, not really worth disliking her over
>>
>>73950037
When did she say this?
>>
>"I consider myself a poet first and a musician second."
>okay Bob well that explains the constant G-C-Em
>let's check out Tarantula, then
>it's a Rimbaud impression
>a full hundred years after Rimbaud
>it's not even an especially good Rimbaud impression

Think I'll stick to listening to musicians who specialize in music and reading poets who specialize in poetry. It's like eating at a bar then leaving to drink at a restaurant with Bob.
>>
>>73950037
sh, the grown ups are speaking, go do some random shrieks for an audience of fags you irrelevant eskimo/hobbit mix
>>
>>73950037
i'm extremely tempted to say that every fucking björk song for the past 20 years sounds the same but i suppose that would be highly ironic coming from a dylan nerd
>>
>>73950384
it's a wonder that she still knows how to breathe
>>
>>73950045
different anon here; freewheelin bob is the only album that's really clicked for me, for what it's worth
>>
File: 1477232504878.png (36KB, 487x501px) Image search: [Google]
1477232504878.png
36KB, 487x501px
>>73950433
>>
I can do a great impersonation of Bod Dylan
>>
>>73949857
He's a Judas.
>>
the byrds should have just been a straight dylan cover band
>>
>>73950384
>but i suppose that would be highly ironic coming from a dylan nerd
...no it wouldn't. Time Out of Mind and Triplicate sound almost nothing alike other than the same general old-timey Americana backdrop, and even, it's a different kind of Americana on both albums.
>>
Reminder that Dylan's best song of the last twenty five years has lines plagiarized from Henry Rollins' poetry.

http://swarmuth.blogspot.com/2011/03/bob-dylan-takes-henry-rollins-through.html
http://swarmuth.blogspot.com/2011/02/mind-polluting-words-of-bob-dylan-and.html
>>
File: 61zaDzXB0HL.jpg (64KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
61zaDzXB0HL.jpg
64KB, 500x500px
>>73950045
If those are the albums that really clicked for you, consider giving this a listen too. It's a bunch of extra stuff from that same period like alternate takes, demos, and songs that just didn't find their way onto an album.
>>
>>73950045
Listen to Blonde on Blonde some more. It's a bit of an obtuse album in terms of the lyricism and musical ideas but it's absolutely genius. It's the sort of album that's really worth revisiting; it's not really something one can fully appreciate with a single listen, it's something I've listened to a lot and everytime I listen to it I still find myself gripped by different moments and experiencing things in slightly different ways but the first few times I heard it, I didn't really appreciate how great it all is.
>>
>>73950037
ironic
>>
File: Bob Dylan Donovan.jpg (52KB, 735x490px) Image search: [Google]
Bob Dylan Donovan.jpg
52KB, 735x490px
Donovan > Bob
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.