[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Music Cringe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: 1500071977899.png (288KB, 718x939px) Image search: [Google]
1500071977899.png
288KB, 718x939px
ITT: Music Cringe
>>
Fuck off Back to /pol/ it's not that bad
>>
>>73948910
>drops out of liberal arts once

I'm also having a hard time believing that a band that makes the sort of music which GY!BE are making doesn't come from very comfortable and privileged upper class backgrounds.
Working-class people don't have the time nor the money nor the education to make this sort of music.
>>
I hope Bernie Sanders dies maybe they're release something as good as F#A# infinity again
>>
>>73949189
Marxists hate liberals though.
>>
>>73948910
Christ that's bad

>muh human rights
>>
File: Efrim_Menuck.jpg (12KB, 236x360px) Image search: [Google]
Efrim_Menuck.jpg
12KB, 236x360px
>>73949065
>Born 1970 in Montreal, Quebec. Son of a doctor and a nurse. Mother left in 1973. Came back briefly 17 years later, and then left again. Hebrew day school from grades 1 through 9. Kept kosher but did not believe in god. Grew up in toronto, and left home at age 17. Only punk-rock from age 15 until 20. High school dropout at grade 11. No jobs and no home. Student welfare then grown-up welfare. First love. Too many drugs, and then a nervous breakdown at age 20.

>Quit the drugs. Moved back to montreal. No music from age 20 to 24. Found good people. Pre-internet. Many beers. Started the [ godspeed you black emperor! ] band at age 25. Started the [ Silver Mt. Zion ] band at age 29.
>>
>>73948910

Godspeed are still pretty great t bh, even after more than 20 years around, which is impressive for any band, but specially for a post-rock band
>>
>>73949065
Are you really being that pretentious over fucking post-rock? Jesus this board is laughable sometimes
>>
>>73949320
Huh, that's actually a pretty bleak upbringing. Band is still a joke though.
>>
>>73949372
>says /mu/tant to be a contrarian cause spooky liberal politics
>>
>>73949065
This is extremely untrue
>>
>>73949460
Politics are just the cherry on top when it comes to how shit this band is.
Their music is in its own right so childishly bombastic and bereft of any real subtlety or intelligence that it would inspire derision and ridicule even if it was completely stripped of political/social sloganeering.

That said though, the emotionally stunted nature of their politics does reflect itself in the emotionally stunted nature of the music.
>>
File: Efrim Menuck 1.jpg (476KB, 2000x1236px) Image search: [Google]
Efrim Menuck 1.jpg
476KB, 2000x1236px
>>73948910
I guess 1. is going to be the final verison of Buildings, the track they'@e been playing during tours. I really hope Railroads is also one of those, I really enjoy this one
>>
File: CTxPyEI6.jpg (42KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
CTxPyEI6.jpg
42KB, 512x512px
>this, this long playing record, a thing we made in the midst of communal mess, raising dogs and children, eyes up and filled with dreadful joy [...]

Into the fucking trash it goes
>>
>>73948910
Are there notes for all of their albums? I don't really understand what I'm supposed to be hearing most of the time.
>>
>>73949547
I couldn't agree more

childish music designed to appeal to teenagers
>>
File: varg-vikernes.jpg (114KB, 762x464px) Image search: [Google]
varg-vikernes.jpg
114KB, 762x464px
>>73948910
>teenagers actually believe this
>>
Well on a lighter note here's some trash I remembered from back in the old Myspace days. You're welcome.

https://youtu.be/nDCAy2CUCJs
>>
>>73949372
>upper-middle class jewish son of a doctor and nurse
omg so bleak
>>
>>73949065
>Working-class people don't have the time nor the money nor the education to make this sort of music.
just save up for a couple of delay pedals and you're good
>>
>>73949547
>>73949665

>This coming from people who probably listen to Kanye and XXXManletcion
>>
>>73948910
yea it's pretty cringy but the album might be good.
>>
https://youtu.be/jnOhSHUVv6o
>>
>>73949320
wow that's like startlingly similar to me, down to the cities and ages
>>
>>73950105
Fuck. I hated scene kids so much, but I could sell them a gram and tell them it was an 8th.
>>
>end all borders
>health care should be a human right

Did they think before making this?
>>
>>73948910
If their message managed to get even to 4chan which is supposed to be some sort of online countercultural haven and not just another den of moderate liberal Americans, damn, they've got a point.
>>
>>73949065
I believe they were illegally squatting in an abandoned home before they made F#A#oo
>>
>>73952720
>some sort of online countercultural haven
Only really on /pol/ and them seeping to other boards, and they're countercultural in the opposite direction of these guys.
>>
>>73951176
Gaddamn this just gave me so much hope for my shitty music
>>
>>73952595
a (totalitarian) globalist superstate doesn't sound like a bad thing at all desu
>>
>>73951176
I like how they ironically eliminated any hint black influence from their music and turned it into pure white male patriarchy tunez. Ironically.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.