[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lol fantano gave 6 to this album ahahahhahaha

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: cover.jpg (129KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
129KB, 1024x1024px
lol fantano gave 6 to this album ahahahhahaha
>>
that boy dumb as hell hehe
>>
you're right, it's at least a 9
>>
more like a solid 8
>>
>>73944523
I love this album

I showed a song from this album to my brother.
He said it gives him "ear epilepsy"

It was this song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1QAM9rq1PA
>>
File: 1460821058249.jpg (7KB, 252x209px) Image search: [Google]
1460821058249.jpg
7KB, 252x209px
5/10 to salad days
>>
wow its almost as if people hold different opinions.
>>
>>73944597
such a good track
>>
>>73945034
Fuck you
>>
yeah lol

it's like a 4 at most
>>
this is like a 9 or 9.5 for me
>>
>>73944597
this is even more ear-epileptic and i fucking love it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt5tRaV3iY0
>>
>>73945415
similar to tim hecker - radio amor
>>
>>73944610
but that one's right
>>
>>73944523
I’ll say it again

Nice sounds but why didn’t you make any music out of them?/??? Huh???? Huh??
For real, like show me an OPN remix album
>>
Considering Replica is one of the most overrated electronic albums in recent years, I can't blame him.

That being said, Fantano doesn't have the taste for IDM, ambient techno, etc. Basically he has a strong affinity for gimmicky acts like SOPHIE but doesn't appreciate the timbral chaos of 90's- and 00's-era progressive electronic.
>>
Fantano isn't a real music critic. He just opens a bunch of tabs with places like /mu/ and hip hop heads and posts an aggregation of their opinions.

He's never had an original opinion about anything.
>>
>>73946297
go to bed, anthony
>>
>>73946239
>Nice sounds but why didn’t you make any music out of them?
What do you mean by this?
>>
>>73946239
you're an idiot

>>73946268
Replica is probably a bit overrated (but still good) but R+7 is fantastic. and SOPHIE is good too. he's not gimmicky at all. if anything, the rest of PC Music is 10x more gimmicky.
>>
>>73944523
strong 7 to a light 8
>>
>>73944523
why is melon such a retard when it comes to electronic music?
>>
No lie, I may have listened to this album more times than any other album in my life. I've listened to it at least like 150 times. Something about it is strangely addictive. Is something wrong with me?
>>
>>73947599
This board isn't really better
>muh IDM
>muh "experimental" xDDD
>>
File: brah smile.png (504KB, 472x427px) Image search: [Google]
brah smile.png
504KB, 472x427px
>>73945034
finally someone
>>
fan-who?
>>
File: chill.gif (23KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
chill.gif
23KB, 500x375px
>>73946632
I think what he means is that the sounds are aesthetically pleasing and so on, but arranged in a manner that isn't necessarily easy on the ear.
>>
>>73948294
antwan fantwan
>>
>>73948326
that's the appeal of the album though
>>
>>73948326
>>73948412
> think what he means is that the sounds are aesthetically pleasing and so on, but arranged in a manner that isn't necessarily easy on the ear.

but that's dumb and the exact opposite of the point of the album. the sounds aren't really that aesthetically pleasing in isolation: they're generic new age synth presets and female vocals of vowel noises. i mean fuck, the first track is literally named "Boring Angel" and begins with what seems to be a cliche drone

the interesting part is in the arrangement and unusual song structure, time signatures, chord intervals, effects, mixing, etc. the arrangement is the part that's easy on the ear.
>>
>>73949679
thanks for explaining what i meant
i guess i could see it that way
call me elitist but i do prefer music with good arrangement of good sounds
>>
>>73949718
well "good" is subjective. on one hand, the sounds could be called aesthetically pleasing because they're all very airy and give a sense of joy, nature, etc. and on one hand maybe the arrangement could be called aesthetically displeasing because it uses uncommon rhythmic patterns and intervals and can come across as alien until you listen to it a few times

whatever you want to call them, i just think it's a unique and very enjoyable album. and i think any claims that the album is somehow not musical must only come from people who haven't listened to that much music. they're just being thrown off by odd time signatures and non-ABA structure
>>
>>73944523
pseudo art music, it's slightly better than your average film soundtrack. 6 is generous all things considered, not that fantano is the man who can accurately make that judgement.
>>
>>73949766
i like a lot of weird music this is just one artist i didn't care for.. who knows maybe i need like 30 more listens to appreciate it
also what a fucking cringey name
>>
File: 1490300224693.jpg (14KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1490300224693.jpg
14KB, 250x250px
>>73949785
>art music

what does that mean
>>
>>73949791
a lot of people on /mu/ consider him one of the greatest electronic artists of the 2010s so you should at least give him a fair shot. and the name is just a joke about the fact that he unintentionally ended up naming his previous albums kinda similarly (Rifts, Returnal, Replica)

unless you mean the name "OPN", in which case it's just some kind of inside joke he had with friends about the radio station Magic 106.7. his original moniker was Magic Oneohtrix Point Never, which kind of rolls off the tongue better but i guess he realized it's too long and unwieldy
>>
>>73945415
this track is such a masterpiece
>>
>>73951106
yeah it's one of my favorites off GoD. i really like the way his style is evolving
>>
>>73951133
same
i wish he'd hurry up and put something new out that i can obsess over
>>
My God why does everyone on /mu/ listen to this cocksucker?
>>
This is my favorite album ever. Nothing comes close.
>>
>>73944523
7/10
if the song he she was longer it would be 8/10
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.