[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wanna start making music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: yeti.jpg (17KB, 480x671px) Image search: [Google]
yeti.jpg
17KB, 480x671px
I just bought the mic in pic related, which cost a fortune by my standards.

£100

I haven't got much money for other stuff, but all I wanna know is, how can I start making music? I have the mic, I have the lyrics, and I have the beat; now all I want is just find a way t merge them together. I don't wanna record the music playing in the background but rather find a way to merge them and perhaps be able to control the volume of each independent sound as it merges.

Also, I might get into voice production or whatever it's called to perhaps be able to find ways to change the frequence of my voice and what not.

Advice?
>>
Do you have a DAW already? If not you could download Audacity or get the free trial of FL studio.
>>
>>73932720
No, I don't have a DAW. Is it important? Also, could you give me a nice quick youtube tutorial link to a video that will explain to me how to make music in this very simple way?
>>
>>73932643
Get monitors. Preferably just monitor headphones if you're on a budget, you don't have the cashflow to get stands and set up your production space and all that jazz.

Get a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation). The most popular are FL Studio (mine), Pro Tools, and Ableton. Never use Garageband. Either get a trial of those popular ones listed or look into free DAWs as alternatives. There are good DAWs out there, as well as good free plugins. Audacity will also suit you if you really just have your beat and want to put vocals over it.

Pick up mixing/mastering basics. I'm currently reading the book "Mixing Secrets for the Small Studio" and I love it. Shit's hilarious, shit's easy to understand if you've already picked up the terminology. I bought it, you can DL it here like a plebeian: https://mega.nz/#!dNtARY5Q!bfm7xOeRcRilrs3qkP-DAFUUKBW4DEcGQ_IR_PWkYo0

Making a good song is only half of the process. Making sure it sounds good on systems is the other half, and the best musicians can master both.
>>
>>73932745
Just search for audacity tutorials. All the imformation your looking for can be found that way.
>>
>>73932745
"Get monitors" guy again. DAWs are crucial if you're making music digitally because...well...they're digital audio workstations. You're working with digital audio, you need a workstation to do so. They will come with plugins you can access to handle both sound creation and editing, so either you use one or you buy a real instrument and go busking.
>>
>>73932816
>>73932838
Thanks guys.
>>
>>73932745
>No, I don't have a DAW. Is it important?
how the fuck else were you planning to overlap instrument parts? analog tape? pirate FL studio you clueless idiot.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.