[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does /mu/ like Hamilton?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: hamilton.jpg (6KB, 311x162px) Image search: [Google]
hamilton.jpg
6KB, 311x162px
does /mu/ like Hamilton?
>>
>>73929296
yeah dude /mu/ is a combination of your aunt, some undergrad girls at an east coast college, and middle aged folks who wish Broadway would move away from the jukebox musicals of recent history.

that's the demographic here, and we all looooooove Hamilton.

but srsly, it's pretty good. it's not like the best thing in the universe, but clearly a lot of skill went into writing it and i acknowledge that.
>>
>>73929795
even though this post is the gayest on /mu/ right now, especially with the reddit spacing, the first part is pretty accurate
>>
It's good for what it is. It's hip-hop for people who don't actually like hip-hop.
I've listened to a good deal of showtunes in the past, so I could get into it from that angle. It's a fun mix of the two, and Lin-Manuel is good at what he does.

That being said, I'm fucking sick of hearing it. I used to hang out with a bunch of musical theater kids and they WOULD NOT STOP SINGING IT HOLY FUCK
>>
>>73929947
I second this. I fucking hate drama kids in general, I'm fully convinced that have no music taste and only listen to broadway musicals. That being said, I think the first half of Hamilton is really solid, and the second is alright.
>>
>>73929947
>>73929977
>drama kids
Absolutely disgusting
>>
>>73929296
Your 40-something year old white history teacher trying to make a ""hip"" ""rap"" song to help students remember events in history, stretched into 2 hours of a musical and spread to every person you know. I enjoyed it on the first listen but I'm pretty sick of it now, mostly because of the constant fellating I had to watch people do to it for months on end.
>>
>>73929977
>>73930008
>I'm fully convinced that have no music taste and only listen to broadway musicals.
I've been in an acting conservatory for 3 years now. The musical theater kids are there because they eat, sleep, and breathe that shit, so of course they listen to nothing but musicals. The regular acting students (myself included) generally have some semblance of taste, but no more than your average college student. I met one guy who I've been to a bunch of concerts with, and we've got really similar tastes. He's chill. Other than that, not much common ground.

We've got better taste in plays than you, though.
>>
>>73930084
Considering I've been to probably 10 plays total (including high school productions), I think I'm fine with the music taste. Thanks for the insight though, it's nice to know how awful people work, anon.
>>
>>73930152
Man, you must have had an awful experience with drama kids in high school. I'm sorry.
>>
>>73930237
On account of their advisor being trash, their budget being low, and them being teens, yeah. There was a lot of drama in drama club. Fortunately I never joined, that art doesn't interest me nearly as much as music.

Good luck to you though, I'm sure there are less whiny chavs at a conservatory.
>>
It is, might I say, a damn ine musical.
>>
>>73929839
you're the gayest thing on /mu/ you triggered diaperbaby. stop liking my post immediately.

i'm not being clever for your benefit here.
>>
File: wd3.webm (3MB, 720x450px) Image search: [Google]
wd3.webm
3MB, 720x450px
Didn't like it. I don't really like the style of music, and I'm fairly sure it was a bad representation of said style anyways
>>
>>73929296
Hamilton is good, but I prefer Vettel
>>
I have been listening to the soundtrack and I love it but I cannot get it out of my head and it's making me miserable. I'm going to see it in November in New York.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.