[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Pink Floyd bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 2

File: wishyouwerehere.jpg (53KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
wishyouwerehere.jpg
53KB, 1000x1000px
inb4 pleb/bad taste/etc.

I'd genuinely like to know so I can be rid of my plebeianism
>>
They aren't
>>
Do you enjoy their music?

If you answered yes, they're not bad to you.

If you answered no, they're bad to you.
>>
>>73926567
FPBP
>>
They are a great band tbqhwyf
>>
>>73926551
because norm stoners like them and so /mu/ has to maintain its sense of elitism
>>
The albums where they all got along and wrote music together > Roger Waters Floyd > Syd Barret Floyd >>>>>>>>>>> David Gilmour Floyd
>>
As much as it is a weed420 meme and also every fedora faggots first "real" band, it is ruined by the fandom the music itself is pretty comfy
>>
>>73926721
>>73926645
I don't think normies of any kind listen to pre-1990 rock at all anymore
>>
>>73926551
>thinking youre less for liking something
have fun always being a pleb
>>
>>73926760
you should get out more
>>
Some of their songs transform into wankery at times but other than that their songs are pretty good.
>>
>>73926801
all I see normies liking these days are things that, quote, "bump", AKA soundcloud rappers
>>
File: AtomHeartMotherCover.jpg (34KB, 300x294px) Image search: [Google]
AtomHeartMotherCover.jpg
34KB, 300x294px
People who dislike Tracks 2 through 4 of this can suck my nuts
>>
>>73926871
desu the only good track on that album is the title track desu
>>
>>73926831
Hey, thanks for replying. I'm interested to know what tracks you're referring to. Which work for you and which don't and why? (hey, what do you know, actual discussion on this site who'da thought?)
>>
>>73926839
Pretty much all my stoner friends worship pink floyd even if they don't listen to rock nearly as much as hip hop
>>
>>73926839
Have you never heard of or encountered le wrong generation kids?
>>
Because elitist fedora-tippers like to obsess over them as being the most euphoric music for advanced intellectuals (despite The Wall and DSotM being among the best-selling albums of all time)
>>
>>73927181
You consider those losers normies?
I don't

>>73927137
We know different stoners
>>
>>73927200
I wouldn't say how well an album sells necessarily coincides with its "intellectuality" but they definitely aren't the most """"euphoric""""" band ever
>>
They made easy listening muzak with terrible vocals and vague boring statements against "big business"for 14 year olds to consume.
>>
>>73926567
Yep

They have bad releases, but they aren't bad overall
>>
>>73927640
Ah but the Fedora will look down upon anything "pop" culture made by corporations for the sheeple doped on bread and circuses, unable to appreciate high art like the Floyd
>>
>>73927225
Anyone who primarily listens to dadrock is normie
>>
>>73926839
You're not a pleb for liking pink floyd, you're a pleb for thinking liking them isn't normie
>>
>>73926871
Ye maximum comfy
>>
>>73926551
Listen some of their really early shit, especially Piper at the Gates and Saucerful of Secrets, it's a bit weird to get into but I've found them very rewarding
>>
they are only bad because of the acid flashbacks.
>>
>>73927040
Actually Floyd are one of the least wankery progressive rock
>>73927040
AHM is among the most underrated Floyd albums. It's a perfect fusion of psychedelic and progressive. Also, never heard Alan psychedelic's breakfast?
>>73927922
Oh no! An artist is dadrock! Now I can't enoy them, otherwise edgelords are going to say I'm a normie
>>73928278
Listen to their early shit is the only correct answer. That shit is experimental and very good. Not saying that late Floyd are bad, but they're not as good
>>
>>73926551
Pink Floyd has had its ups and downs. Barrett era godly, a confused but intriguing period till about '72, another godly era from DSOTM to Animals, a massive downer as Waters took over, and god knows what after he left.

If you really want to get rid of your pleb once and for all though, don't start threads.
>>
>>73926551
they're not. but they're overrated as fuck. people that got tired of dsotm and wywh like to go to animals and pretend it's better than your average run of the mill 70s pink floyd album. the wall is shit but atleast it goes in territories that they hadn't explored during that time. animals is a calculated mess of mediocrity. the real good shit is saucerful and piper in my opinion but their most solid is probably meddle
>>
from AHM to WYWH they were great, also animals is good too

syd era is garbage
>>
>>73930058
animals is bad you boring faggot
>>
>>73926551
Am I alone in thinking that Have a Cigar and Welcome to the Machine kind of suck compared to shine on and wywh
>>
>>73930138
The synth parts in Welcome to the machine are glorious, I really like that track. Highlight of the album is obviously the suite tho
>>
>>73930095
eat shit
>>
>>73927040
but that breakfast though
>>
>>73927040
Summer 68 is very good imo, but otherwise I agree.
>>
I suppose I am in the minority that thinks that AHM is a very great record. Great bridge between progressive rock and psychedelic
>>
>>73930411
I don't think you're in the minority, at least here. I've seen a lot of folks name AHM as their number 1, myself included. To me it's basically the definition of a comfy album
>>
eat my shorts Watersfags
>>
>>73930058
>syd era is garbage
pleb detected
>>
>>73930678
Well that's pretty good to know
>>
>>73930138
That's because lyrics in welcome to the machine and have a cigar are shit
>>
>>73926831
>Some of their songs transform into wankery

Pink Floyd's the only prog band that doesn't a single wankery song
>>
>>73926871
Their best and comfiest album imo. It's like the Campfire Songs equivalent of Pink Floyd
>>
Literally anyone who says Pink Floyd is just being contrarian. They are truly a good band. Do they have weak albums? Sure but for the most part they are amazing.
>>
Another brick in trump's wall

We don't need no tax on imports We don't need no Muslim ban No tackling gifs, on the twitter ICE leave them families alone Hey! ICE! Leave them immigrants alone All in all it's just another brick in trump's wall All in all you're just another brick in trump's wall

We don't need no tax on imports We don't need no Muslim ban No tackling gifs, on the twitter ICE leave them families alone Hey! ICE! Leave them immigrants alone All in all it's just another brick in trump's wall All in all you're just another brick in trump's wall

"Drive them out" "Drive them out of your places of worship. Drive them out of your communities. Drive them out of your holy land. And drive them out of this earth."
>>
I'm one of those people who think PATGOD, A Saucerful of Secrets and Masters of Rock are their best albums. Everything from the soundtrack to More up to Obscured by Clouds is listenable, and enjoyable, with Meddle being my favorite of the post Barrett era PF. (Really the only one I can listen to from start to finish w/o skipping any songs)

After that, however, I can't listen to PF because I find them dreadfully depressing.

>Dark Side of The Moon
The message on this album is you're born, you live, and then you die without getting anything you wanted to do in life accomplished. In between life and death, one deals with greed, averace, animosity, conflict, and political strife, and in the end, you end up in an insane asylum because you can't handle any of it. Isn't that great?
>Wish You Were Here
Deals with the dark underbelly of the music business. How a band/musician is turned into a consumer product/commodity to be mass marketed until steam runs out, and then one is chewed up, spat out and discarded. Really makes you want to put out an album, doesn't it?

>Animals
Talks about how corporate bosses are in bed with the policy deciding politicians, and you have no power to fight back. I actually respect this album on certain levels since it's loosely based on George Orwell's Animal Farm, but I'd rather read the book than listen to this overindulgent dreck.

>The Wall
Basically picks up where Wish You Were Here left off. One becomes a rich and famous rock star, get's into drugs, his wife leaves him, has a nervous break down, developed a massianic complex to the point of becoming a fascist dictator, is judged by his fans and detractors alike, and then kills himself because he can no longer handle life. Really makes you want to get out there, form a band, and make a living with your music, doesn't ?

I'm not familiar with any post Roger Waters PF and I'm not sure I want to.

And THIS IMHO is why I think Pink Floyd SUCK!
>>
>>73932195
Roger is the one who made everything all political and depressing. The Final Cut is their most political and "whiny" album, but has an interesting aesthetic. A Momentary Lapse of Reason and The Division Bell are both fantastic pop albums imo. Stay away from The Endless River unless you're a big Floyd fan, though.
>>
>>73926578
Stop being reasonable.
>>
>>73926551
Most of their stuff post like, Meddle, is just their attempt to make Roger Waters' brain more accesible and top-40 friendly. Before that, Pink Floyd are like the titans of progressive and psychedelic rock. I also just don't enjoy Roger Waters' overt messages that he puts into his albums. I don't need you to spell out what the message of The Wall is Roger, it's pretty fuckin obvious

>>73926760
Dark Side of the Moon is THE ultimate normie album.
>>
>>73932195
I don't like Wish You Were Here because the whole thing is de facto dedicated to Syd Barrett, when really they treated him like shit and he was removed from the band of the member's own volition. They literally were on their way to a show to pick Syd up, and someone actually said out loud "let's not get him" so they didn't. They were justified in wanting him out of the band based on his behavior, but I can't really reconcile their actions with their words/ideas on this album.
>>
>>73926578
/thread
/board
/4chan
>>
>>73933621
It's time to stop
>>
>>73926645
this is the truest thing ive read today
>>
>>73930138
No.
>>
>>73926551
>Why are Pink Floyd bad?
they arent? what makes you think they're bad?
>>
Syd era was great
Barret era is okay
Rest sucks

Even then, the correlation between pink floyd fans and bad music taste is still pretty high, even on /mu/, so go diversify your taste instead
>>
>>73935899
>Syd era was great
>Barret era is okay

what
>>
>>73935916
Stop being a plebeian faggot anon kun
>>
>>73926578
This. Don't let us change ge your opinion of a band you enjoy. It's not healthy to come to 4chan for fulfillment on your personal opinions.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.