[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /mu/ hate this guy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: Dave Grohl.jpg (14KB, 214x317px) Image search: [Google]
Dave Grohl.jpg
14KB, 214x317px
Why does /mu/ hate this guy?
>>
>>73926091
I don't
>>
wonderwall was his only good song
>>
>>73926091
dumb fuck cuck who lives a comfy life due to the talents of his dead friend.
>>
>>73926091
Because he's a rock elitist which is a complete paradox since rock music is just an aesthetic and an absolute joke when it comes to true artistic expression and beauty. If you're going to be an elitist, at least be a classical/jazz elitist because it takes more effort into that than just jamming powerchords every fucking song. And the lyrics in rock music aren't exactly poetry either. Or pick literally any other genre of music for a more sensible aesthetic.
>>
Foo Fighters aren't rock, they're rock product marketed to fat, lazy 30-40 year old Homer Simpson types who wear cargo shorts and sandals.

Also Dave's music tastes are plebian as fuck, he only likes entry level classic rock.
>>
>>73926126
>his friends
>talents
Dave Gohl is more talented than Cuckbane
>>
He killed Kurt
His music is mindless and dull
He hates non dadrock music
>>
>>73926152
Thos dummy isn't any kind of elitist anon.
>>
>>73926170
Does anyone other than the paid shill who wrote it actually believe this?
>>
I don't. Foo Fighters are a perfectly fine mainstream rock bands with a couple of songs that are really good.
>>
I saw Foo Fighters once and it was just...very stale and totally predictable dadrock/arena rock cliches with big, generic riffs and ultra-long masturbatory solos. There was nothing remotely edgy or interesting about it.
>>
>>73926152
yeah he should get some taste and become elitist about hip hop instead. that's where real poetry is at. praise fantano
>>
>>73926152
>Because he's a rock elitist which is a complete paradox since

https://rbt.asia/mu/thread/73337644/

And then there's this faggotry.
>>
>>73926242
#StayWoke
>>
>>73926242
Nobody ever said this in here, but thank you for pulling assumptions out of your rectum.
>>
>>73926233
100% this.

they are inoffensive radio rock who cater to the softer requirements of the masses.

stop projecting about how you're jealous and have a slightly different opinion to him (which surprisingly doesn't make him an instant cunt for no reason) and get over it.
>>
>>73926242
laughed pretty hard.

thanks anon, i needed that.
>>
how has mu forgotten that Dave Grohl is one of the greatest drummers of the past 3 decades
>>
>>73926091
I see him (unfairly, probably) as kind of emblematic of terminal-stage rock.

>is sober but makes a big deal about how much coffee he drinks
>LOOOOVES his fans and makes a big show of it
>shows up on imgur all the time playing a show with his leg in a cast and someone commenting "HOW METAL IS THAT???"
>throws people out of his shows for fighting and the internet creams its jeans like "OMG HOW FUCKING COOL"
>everytime someone does some dorky lameass tribute to him he shows up like "omg this is so fucking rock guys love you so much"
>he's nice--how fucking gay is that?
>he's always telling stories on late night talk shows like "I was hanging out with Tenacious D and Paul McCartney and we totally jammed out!"
>he makes a big show of how he's a normal guy and he's "just like us!"
>talks in interviews like "my daughter doesn't give a shit I'm a rockstar" like he's running for office like he's running for president of lame-ass rock music

Honestly he's just so sanitary and so nice and so dorky and he just comes off like a politician to me. All his opinions are safe and accepted, and everything he does gets posted on reddit next to cat gifs and interesting wikipedia articles.
>>
Dave Grohl the type of nigga to go to a fan's high school prom with her and sign her wheelchair.

the John Cena of rock music
>>
>>73926091
He is reddit: the human bean
also Foo Fighters has been the worst thing in music for a decade
>>
He was the sixth (!) Nirvana drummer. Today he is worth $300 million.
>>
We could post for hours about what an obnoxious tryhard he is but really the only thing it comes down to is:

He doesn't make good music.
>>
what does /mu/ think of these interviews

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OoevpPS0-k

https://youtu.be/ixo-MQ0u6SA
>>
>>73926373
because its simply not true
>>
>>73926091
He reminds me of the creepy keyboard player from the Doors that's always trying to act like he was the reason they were successful.
>>
>>73926610
he's inspiring me and it's pissing me off
>>
If he weren't in Nirvana, people would take him about as seriously as they do Puddle of Mudd or Saliva.
>>
File: 1476172635708.jpg (90KB, 765x772px) Image search: [Google]
1476172635708.jpg
90KB, 765x772px
>>73926610

>too much of a snowflake to follow Ikea instructions
>>
File: Krist is ourguy.png (936KB, 1571x586px) Image search: [Google]
Krist is ourguy.png
936KB, 1571x586px
>>73926091
He's seen as the human embodiment of an r/music poster who thinks music peaked with Bohemian Rhapsody and bemoans that rock is dead and can't stand anything that isn't classic rock or derived from it. That's not entirely accurate, but he is still "the rock guy" in the eyes of pretty much everyone.
>>
File: 436447.jpg (39KB, 492x388px) Image search: [Google]
436447.jpg
39KB, 492x388px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMg5ll7cKtQ

Every. Time.
>>
>>73926091
I find it funny that he's pretty good friends with deadmau5
>>
>Everlong
No one should hate him
>>
File: 453273788.jpg (111KB, 497x640px) Image search: [Google]
453273788.jpg
111KB, 497x640px
>>73926891

>Bad Boys of Rock Tour
>>
>>73926126
Josh Homme isn't dead
>>
>>73926977
I fully recognize that he doesn't deserve to be hated in the same way Bono and John Cena don't really deserve to be hated.

He's a nice successful guy who does big displays nice things in public, and for some reason that's infuriating.

If he saw this thread he'd probably laugh like "lol that's so true!" and imagining that just makes me hate him more.
>>
THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST
>>
>>73926465
>the John Cena of rock music

That's a good analogy.

This demo surfaced this week from the pre-FF days, pretty good desu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ-lV503zhM
>>
>>73926630
Fuck you. I bet you think Jim Morrison is the reason they were succesfull. It is, sadly.
>>
>>73926630
Ray was actually the most talented and important member of the band in terms of musical direction.
>>
>>73927303
t. thom yorke
>>
>>73926373
because it's false. kid's not in the top 100
>>
i dont think dave was right to poison kurts lsd
>>
>>73927574
HE'S GOT ANOTHER CONFESSION TO MAKE
>>
File: 1401530283102.jpg (144KB, 1024x679px) Image search: [Google]
1401530283102.jpg
144KB, 1024x679px
>>73927035
Sure, but The Foo Fighters were a biggish thing before Songs for the Deaf, Them Crooked Vultures, and ...Like Clockwork.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.