[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is hiphop even music? I mean really now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4380.jpg (12KB, 206x219px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4380.jpg
12KB, 206x219px
Is hiphop even music? I mean really now
>>
what is music?
>>
>>73926517
damn....
>>
everything can be music stop pigeonholing music in a box
>>
>>73926019
Yes. You not liking a genre doesn't make it not music.
>>
>>73926621
blacks aren't smart enough to make music though, that's a fact
>>
>>73926019
Well it's definitely music, just really bad music
>>
>>73926019
/mu/ has no taste confirmed
>>
>>73926517
DEEP
>>
>>73926642
>what is jazz
>>
>>73926642
>forgetting about jazz, blues, and rock
fuck off back to /pol/
>>
>>73926642
>what is rock
>>
>>73926642
haha dude, nice!
>>
>>73927361
>fuck off back to /pol/

This seems quite the argument, do you mind if I steal it. Fuck off back to tumblr.
>>
>>73926019
Explain how it isn't music. I don't even listen to it but calling it not music is a little much
>>
>>73926642
epic! LMAO
>>
>>73926642
got em hahaha
>>
>>73927305
>>73927361
Jazz is literally black people co-opting white technology to play evolved variants of marches and ragtime (which, despite Scott Joplin, evolved from "Coon songs" that literally made fun of black people). And, unsurprisingly, it evolved into the talentless free improvisational jazz prevalent in the 1960s, and it's only great composers were Ellington, Mingus, and Coltrane. All of these composers are rivaled by whites Gershwin and Tristanto and dwarfed by Zappa.

Blues is simply extremely rhythmic music (because blacks could not write melodies well) with a certain flavor of pentatonic scale. Why aren't white mod bands like the Rolling Stones and pre-Tommy Who considered masters like Bob Dylan or the Velvet Underground? It's because they played black-influenced blues, which is one of the most trope-tired genres ever invented.

Rock music is the worst one. The 99% white-created combination of black rock n' roll from the 1950s, jazz (which is more like 50/50 black/white), white folk music, country music, eastern music, white electronic music, white-created stochasticism, white music-concrete, white chamber music, white pop music, and white-invented studio technologies is obviously distinct from 1950s "rock", which was just fast boogie-woogie. The funniest part is that the largest black influence on post-1965 "rock" music was Chuck Berry, who played "riffs" (already played contemporaneously by white Jerry Lee Lewis on piano) on an electric guitar, a white technology.
>>
>>73928764
Imagine being this upset at the mere thought of black people
>>
>>73928764
One thing I would like to see evidence of is the assertion that the driving percussion in rock is distinctly African, too, and not just a byproduct of how boogie-woogie was just made faster and more intense.
>>
>>73928832
t. somebody really upset that the nog musical invention myth got btfo
>>
>>73928887
explain dub then
>>
>>73928896
Why? I never said that blacks literally invent no music. The post asserted:

1) Jazz didn't come wholesale out of blacks from nothing, as is often portrayed.
2) Blues was invented by blacks and sucks ass.
3) The influence of black music on white rock music is vastly overestimated.
>>
>>73926642
sick burn bro!
>>
>>73928954
They can make music but their influence on white popular music is comically overestimated.
>>
>>73926642
This

Jazz is post classical

Blues is post folk

Rock is shit

Rap is shit
>>
>>73928936
t. white rock musician
>>
>>73928986
i don't disagree but how is this relevant
>>
now THIS is shitposting
>>
File: IMG_1038.jpg (16KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1038.jpg
16KB, 299x168px
Why do black people make so many songs about their skin color
>>
>>73928998
Jazz is shitty classical music.

Blues sucks ass and is worse than metal and memerap at being caked with really boring tropes.

"Rock" is a meaningless term that refers to about 1000 different things.

Rap is one of the least innovative genres ever and it's resurgence is due to the demographic decline of the USA shifting market trends; and brown people are way dumber so it's easier for executives to force-meme rappers as good.
>>
>>73929038
It's their only personality trait, half the time.
>>
>>73929059
Most white kids today listen to memerap as well you sperg
>>
>>73929038
Skin color has less genetic FST distance than neuron development between races lol.
>>
>>73928887
I frankly don't give a shit whether nogs wuz kangz or not, I just find it funny how determined you are to disprove it to an anime board of anonymous neckbeards.
>>
>>73929090
Maybe, but it's resurgence is a function of more dark people in the USA.
>>
File: male-executive-on-laptop.jpg (58KB, 983x800px) Image search: [Google]
male-executive-on-laptop.jpg
58KB, 983x800px
>>73929059
>so it's easier for executives to force-meme
>>
>>73929097
So? Enough people read autistic 4chan effortposts for it to be worth sperging about. Otherwise the thread would just be filled with ignorant circlejerking about how blackz wuz kangz
>>
>>73929128
>he doesn't think record executives control who becomes A-list/B-list stars

I have some bad news anon
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.