[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steve Albini on Surfer Rosa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

>I think I did insert myself into the personality of the record a little much, to my way of thinking. The little bits of recorded conversation that ended up in the record and certain sonic aspects of it I think were driven more by my ambition than the band’s organic [desires]. That actually left a bad taste in my mouth thinking that for the rest of their career this band has to answer for all these little gags that are on their record that weren’t their idea, but they have to go to their grave with that hung on them as part of their legacy…
>>
>>73915137
NIGGERS
>>
to be fair they probably had the same dry, uppity sense of humor as steve anyway.
>>
>>73915137
what an insufferable twat Albini is.

Why would anyone work with this guy, yet alone pay to work with this guy?
>>
>>73915194
Be nice to albini you fuck
>>
>>73915194
How's your drum sound coming along?
>>
>>73915137
now it is clear why surfer rosa is the best of all pixies recordings

albini is the most important rocker except for lou reed who is dead so that makes albini most important
>>
Doolittle > Surfer Rosa
>>
>>73915137
>That actually left a bad taste in my mouth thinking that for the rest of their career this band has to answer for all these little gags that are on their record that weren’t their idea, but they have to go to their grave with that hung on them as part of their legacy…
like they give a fuck. when people think of the pixies, they'll remember hey and here comes your man rather than tony's theme
>>
>>73915691
Albini's recordings sound like shit, and he apparently has no problem selling his clients down the river.

Why would anyone hire this guy?

Someone just needs to knock this twerps teeth out already. He's a fucking cancer.
>>
If they gave a shit about their legacy Indie Cindy would not exist
>>
I feel like Surfer Rosa wouldn't be as good without those little bits of context-less conversations
>>
>>
>>73915137
thank god he didn't get the chance to ruin Spiderland with shitty banter
>>
i think purple tape is better
>>
>>73915137

FUCKING DIE
>>
>>73915194
People work with him because he gives the band 100% creative control

He's talking about this instance because it's an outlier in his style
>>
>>73915819
>Albini's recordings sound like shit
What's shit about them?

Still didn't answer my question: how's your recording career coming along?
>>
I'm like 90 percent I walked by him twice at SEATAC back in June.
>>
>>73916433
you should've asked him about odd future
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.