[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some times where you discovered great music through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

What are some times where you discovered great music through a movie? Pic related. I've been a fan of Hurt Lewis and the news since I watched American Psycho.
>>
my sociopathic "friend" got into awful music after watching that film too
>>
Adventureland is part of the reason I got into the Replacements

>tfw no qt Kristen Stewart gf to listen to the Replacements and Hüsker Dü with

They played this song in the movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvggqOHKPco
>>
>>73915594
Same but it was the song Unsatisfied for me
>>
>>73915628
Unsatisfied is probably my favorite Replacements song
>>
>>73915676
Same, I really like the band but I was disappointed to find that it was a case of "first song is best song" for me
>>
That scene where they talk about apartheid gets me every time

Patrick...how thoughtful
>>
>>73914359

The Shining introduced me to Wendy Carlos, Kyrzystof Penderecki and Bela Bartok. I now own entry-level physical releases from each.

Goodbye Horses is a great club song on its own merits. Sticking with Demme films, the theme for Philadelphia is also quite good.

The other way round: there is an extremely obscure film, apparently called "Lumb's Sister", of which I was previously unaware. It is so obscure (if it even exists as a completed film work), that it apparently does not even have an IMDB entry.

I like the surreal-noise project Nurse With Wound however, and I was really taken with a collection of ambience and music called "Lumb's Sister", which was to have been used for the film of the same name, but was ultimatley decided against. NWW decided to release the music anyway.

This leaves me very curious about what the film is supposed to be. there is apparently a facebook page about all this but I don't use facebook under normal circumstances, so there we are.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.