[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do white people love Kendrick Lamar?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

Why do white people love Kendrick Lamar?
>>
>>73913187
Lyrics and flow
>>
Why do black people love white inventions?
>>
>>73913187
Because he doesn't rap with the same cadence as someone trying not to walk in time with the shitty music playing at the mall.
>>
>>73913187
complete and utter shill slide thread
>>
File: rap-concert-white.jpg (194KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
rap-concert-white.jpg
194KB, 500x332px
>>73913187
Because muh "I must understand le black struggles" meme
White people listening to rap is honestly the cringiest, it's black music first and foremost.
>>
Mexican here, We love him too. He understands our plight
>>
>>73913361
This
>>
>>73913361
How will white people recover
>>
Cuck fetish
>>
File: 1486762585229.jpg (7KB, 158x153px) Image search: [Google]
1486762585229.jpg
7KB, 158x153px
>>73913547
This. Whites self-insert as the girls that the rappers say they fuck when they listen to any rap music.
>>
>>73913361
Only faggots think like that.
If i can appreciate the style or meaning of song i'll listen to it. I could care less about racial struggles.
>>
To pimp a butterfly was okay.
I hate most of his music
>>
>>73913861
>this is what whiteboys tell themselves to sleep better at night
>>
File: 1496611575861.jpg (85KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1496611575861.jpg
85KB, 1000x1000px
>>73913361
>being this close minded
>actually labeling genre on race

Here's your reply
>>
>>73914142
t. buttblasted whiteboy
Just accept the truth
>>
>>73913187
Because he thinks before he talks and has some substance, not something that I would care much about (black people and their problems, where I live far away from them) but what I appreciate is the way he delivers it, and his ability to make you feel like you are the one living the situations that he is describing. Amazing flow, amazing beats, best rapper in the game.
>>
>>73913187
He makes good music and recongizing good music is not exclusive to a race.
>>
>>73914366
>Cuck: The Post
>>
>Why do white people love Kendrick Lamar?
>Nick Young reaction image

Okay, so right off the bat, I don't think you're asking this question in good faith. /pol/tards don't use that reaction image. But it's cool; it's fostering discussion, and I like the question.

So to the point, I think the question assumes some things that I disagree with:
>content matters
I don't really care about the content of the lyrics of a song unless it's just really shitty.
>Kendrick's content is anti-white
I've never gotten that impression from his music. In fact, he seems to be more openly critical of the black community in his music.
>As a white person, I should be opposed to anti-white content.
Honestly, why should we care? I thought we were /mu/tants; we regularly defend songs about rape, murder, and all manner of awful shit in the name of free expression. Our sensibilities shouldn't be so tender that we get our feelings hurt by criticisms of white people. I try to not bring my whiteness to bear when I'm criticizing music. I try to be more objective.

I (and other people) like Kendrick because he has a very interesting and ever-changing flow, a compelling mic persona, and he puts a lot of work into his production, employing teams of jazz, electronic, and rap musicians. He takes a very experimental approach, and all his albums have a strong thematic vision.

Rap is an acquired taste, but as a music fan, you should try to acquire all the tastes you can. A narrow palette is nothing to be proud of, even in the name of racial solidarity.
>>
White guilt
>>
>>73914726
This
>>
>>73914701
t. cuck
>>
>>73914726
>>73915642
White men have to be the most insecure humans on the planet
>>
Cause oBAMA SAY WHAT IT DO
>>
>>73915678

Theyre also the most intelligent
>>
>>73913330
>utter shill slide thread
what is OP shilling and what is he sliding on this, a jap-merican image forum
>>
>>73914366
>Because he thinks before he talks and has some substance
basically this is the whitewashed watered down version of saying "he talks really good for a black". His popularity with whites can be also attributed with backpack rap

>lyrics
these are most important, whites love lyrics more than anything in hip hop
>subject matter
"he's different bro". The Thinking man's rapper to those who haven't delved into the genre but act as if they have.
>not too political to throw people off but just enough to keep it as a gimmick
this is essential to white people's love for Kendrick since it doesn't place the entire blame on them and since they've heard it they can now use this knowledge to get closer to those they have "wronged".
His subject matter also is very cliche and has been done a 100x before, even To pimp a butterfly
>>
I don't really care about rap, aside from a few random artists I've gotten into over the years. I've never actually listened to a full Kendrick album, but I hear his music EVERYWHERE. A lot of my friends are into him. People talk about him. He's popular. And it sounds alright, and I'm tempted to check out one of his albums sometime.

And honestly, there's your answer most likely. He got hyped up, and it's decent music, so people are going to want to have it themselves after they've heard it at a few parties or at someone's house. I think people also like that whatever it's message is, but I think this is overblown. Most people are like yeah the message is so cool but they just listen to it because they dig it, and mostly because it's hyped up. People are hype beasts
>>
>>73913187
You won't get any meaningful response on /mu/, I've tried to figure why people love Kendrick so much time and time again.
It basically comes down to
>good storytelling
>>
>>73913187
I don't really. I like the jazz stuff from pimp but not much more else of his.
>>
>>73916006
you should check out sour soul since it was the superior jazzrap album from the same year
>>
>>73915767
Hahahahahahaha
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.