[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he the most overrated artist ever?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: PopGlitz.jpg (180KB, 923x1200px) Image search: [Google]
PopGlitz.jpg
180KB, 923x1200px
And the answer is yes. His first album had a handful of good songs and that's about it.

We all Hip-Hop has been so shit for about 20 years but are you really so desperate for an outstanding artist that you herald this guy? He's not so bad by modern standards but he wouldn't have been shit in the 90s.

Also if he didn't work with Dr. Dre he wouldn't be shit.
>>
no, that would be Kanye
>>
Nah, Radiohead
>>
>/I don't know how to have fun/ general
>>
>>73912132
>/I don't mindlessly agree with other people's opinions/ general
>>
>>73912166
>/faggot/ general
>>
He doesn't have one bad album. Kendrick Lamar is the goat
>>
>>73913344
>Not conforming to the majority is being a faggot

wow I've learned a lot today
>>
>>73913372
I can't believe I actually share a board with brainlets who think DAMN. isn't a "bad album".
>>
>>73913399
damn is a good album
>>
>>73913399
DAMN. is a decent album, it's not BAD by any means, just slightly above mediocre.
>>
>>73913393
you're god damn right you fucking faggot.
>>
I think that kendrick lamar sucks balls
All day
Just because he likes it so much
>>
>>73912113
Second. I fucking hate him

>But he is a guud producer anon
He just uses vocal samples that's it. That's the only thing that sets him apart.

And he has shit delivery and a boring voice
>>
>>73912091
Kendrick sucks.
>>
Good kid mad city was a great album. So was T-PAB. DAMN was awful though.
>>
>>73912091

>most overrated artist ever

>not Bowie

oh wait, Bowie wasn't an artist lol
>>
Kendrick has a pretty varied discography where each record is done in a very different style. Not only that, as an MC he's capable of switching flows and delivery styles on a whim based on what works best for the moment, essentially bridging the gap between technicality and emotion. Production wise all his works are very sophisticated; even a record as sparse as DAMN. had a ton of various effects on it. Almost everyone on his team also has the influence of someone like Dr. Dre so everything's perfectly mixed/mastered to make sure the listener can hear ever sound with clarity.

Overrated would be Kanye West. His range when it comes to rapping is very low in terms of what he can do, so he often resorts to singing with which his range is even lower. Whereas Kendrick had the people of Dre with fantastic approach to mixing/mastering, Kanye had the opposite when he ended up with Rick Rubin. Everything's so brickwalled that it starts to sound aged right when it's already out, and becomes a big waste when considering Kanye who puts so much work into his production with many layers of sounds. He's also nowhere near as original as people give him credit for. MBDTF the most influential record of 2010? hahahahahah.
>>
>>73912091
I will never understand the love for kendrick
>>
Kendrick is soo overrated, he is good in contrast to mumble rap but I would even call his music hip hop
>>
Kendrick is a pretty good rapper who gets undue praise because he makes records with recognizable skill and ambition in an age in which popular rap music is severely lacking in both
I mean, if you've only ever heard Young Thug, Future, and Migos, of course you're going to think Kendrick is a god
But I his albums, while ambitious, are often quite sloppy in execution
>>
>>73913393
being a contrarian faggot is being a faggot
>>
>>73914103
mad?
>>
>>73913399
I don't think its bad but GKMC was much better.
>>
File: GettyImages-591879066_master_0.jpg (59KB, 445x445px) Image search: [Google]
GettyImages-591879066_master_0.jpg
59KB, 445x445px
>>73912091
I think you meant this guy
>>
>>73912091
thank you. my sentiments exactly.
>>
>>73912113
kanye is lightyears ahead of kendrick. can kendrick produce a hit? no, he writes mediocre lyrics over beats that he doesn't create.
>>
>>73914831
bowie wasn't an artist?
ok
>>
>>73915060
Kanye invented an entire genre/style w 808's & hb's. he birthed at least 10 copycats. kendrick writes mediocre lyrics... his albums are bland
>>
>>73916544
overrated but still better than kendrick
>>
File: e9d.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
e9d.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>73916812
>>
>>73914103
Thats all he does because he fucking invented it
>>
>>73916785
>Kanye invented an entire genre/style w 808's & hb's
RnB had been a thing for decades though wtf are you on? Oh, you wanna talk more electronic RnB stuff? Like Usher and Akon who were the big popular artists around/before 808s came out? Or what about how 808s direct influence/thing it copied from was Kid Cudi's sound (Kanye has actually admitted this)? Thanks for proving me right that Kanye is indeed overrated as fuck.
>>
>>73913399
DAMN. by Kendrick Lamar standards was basic as fuck, but as a rap album in general he's usually much better when it comes to material.
>>
>>73916680
>"he writes mediocre lyrics"
>implying kanye can actual right something half coherent
>" can kendrick produce a hit?"
Nigga no average consumer is gonna give a shit about that besides autists that try to bring that up like its a valid argument and Kendricks production is just as good as Kanye's no matter who did it.

Kanye is a washed up hack with actual mental problems. The coon actual believes he's god at what he does and he hasn't written a good song in almost a decade. Insanity is an odd thing
>>
>>73917123
>Thats all he does because he fucking invented it
>kanye invented vocal samples
RZA was doing it long before it and kanye credits RZA as being his main producer influence
>>
>>73912091
Daily reminder that this is peak rap:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=010KyIQjkTk
And Kendrick is a million times worse.
>>
>>73912091
i don't even know who that is, so no
>>
Most overrated artist of the decade easily
>>
>>73917393
>Nigga
>Coon

Wypipo need to foh
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.