[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

What does /mu/ think of Motley Crue?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

What does /mu/ think of Motley Crue?
>>
>>73904833
>men in women's clothing
>men wearing make-ups
>men with long hair
>not a bunch of fags
>>
SHOUT
SHOUT
SHOUT
SHOUT AAAAT THUH DEEEEEHVUUULLLL
>>
"Shout at the Devil" is one of those shitty albums that it's cool to be all like "actually it's amazing in spite of itself" about, but I still think it sucks.

In every Van Halen thread, someone comments "the best nu-male repellent." Van Halen is not nu male repellent. Shitty music is nu male repellent. Motley Crue is nu male repellent. Only the most ironic of hip dudes would rep them.
>>
Remember liking two tracks but wouldn't digest it now
>>
File: christgau4.jpg (24KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
christgau4.jpg
24KB, 300x225px
Shout at the Devil [Elektra, 1984]

It should come as no surprise that this platinum product is utter dogshit even by heavy metal standards--under orders from editors unable to distinguish Wynton Marsalis from Iron Maiden, my beleaguered colleagues at the dailies have been saying so all year and every insult goes into the press kit. Still, I must mention Mick Mars's dork-fingered guitar before getting to the one truly remarkable thing about this record--a track called "Ten Seconds To Love" in which singer Vince Neil appears to boast (!) about how fast he can ejaculate (or as the lyric sheet puts it, "cum"). Therein I believe lies the secret to their success--if you don't got it, flaunt it. Followup--"Pinkie Prick". D

Decade of Decadence '81-'91 [Elektra, 1992] :(
>>
Mediocre buttrock only liked by middle aged women who live in a trailer park and 13 year old babby's first classic rock band kiddies.
>>
Generation Swine was pretty retarded. A couple of songs were ok, the rest sucked. The real problem however is that Motley Crue and alternametal don't really fit. Also grunge was completely over by the time it came out.
>>
>>73904833
they are great
>>73904867
they are so masculine that they have become "feminine", they have eclipsed masculinity and have reached a new state of being
>>
I like them ironically up to Dr Feelgood. They were actually pretty underground and punk influenced early on.
>>
>>73905705
God, what a terrible decade the 80s were. Everything from that era looks so fucking gross.
>>
Live Wire is a nice imitation Motorhead track. Other than that...
>>
>>73905796
sounds nothing alike
>>73905765
t. nu-male
>>
>>73905818
If only thing from the 80's you like is glam metal, he's totally right.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8hE-iBBn0A

Metallica used to shit on them all day every day. I'm glad James Hetfield has grown up and finally made peace.
>>
Should have stopped a long time ago.
Kickstart my Heart is banger though, and Don't Go Away Mad should have been as popular as sweet child o mine
>>
Probably the only decent hair metal. Would have been cool to see them in their prime when they toured with ozzy.
>>
First two albums are passable heavy rock, after that they just turned into MTV poofter crap for girls.
>>
>>73905894
I heard a lot of their live shows back in the day were ass anyway because they were too drunk/high most of the time to perform properly.
>>
>>73904833
They suck. So do Van Halen, Def Leppard, and all other hair """""metal""""" bands.
>>
File: hair41.jpg (1MB, 3172x1600px) Image search: [Google]
hair41.jpg
1MB, 3172x1600px
>>73906066
sure honey
>>
>>73906128
Trash all around. Nobody with any taste listened to this stuff back then.
>>
>>73904833
My dads favorite band in high school
>>
>>73905765
wtf these girls are great
>wtf i love the 80s now
>>
>>73904833
Catchy songs. Mick Mars is an underrated guitarist.
>>
File: JaniLane2_zps79d2045d.jpgc200.jpg (16KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
JaniLane2_zps79d2045d.jpgc200.jpg
16KB, 200x200px
>>73906423
>trash all around
what is """"trash"""" about it anon?
>>
I find that stuff unlistenable. it seems there are absolutely no merits outside of being sexually attracted to the aesthetic or the personas of the performers

and I'm not interested in that so into the trash it goes
>>
>>73904833
Too Fast For Love is an amazing album. Shout at the Devil is alright too. After that, no thanks.
>>
OFFICIAL TIMES WHEN IT WAS OK TO LISTEN TO MOTLEY CRUE POWER RANKING

1. In the 1980s if you were a 13 year old girl
2. When playing Guitar Hero II
9001. Any other time
>>
>>73904833
I don't.
>>
>>73906574
I mean, he even admitted it himself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR1xpknCHCQ
>>
>>73908024
yea that uncle toms cabin is a good song
>>
>>73904833
the Lil Uzi Vert of heavy metal
>>
"Man, I hated [Sweet Child O' Mine] back then, but it went on to become one of our biggest hits so what do I know?"

-- Slash
>>
>>73908024
The chick in the video was Jani Lane's future wife, that is to say a glorified rock star groupie. They had a daughter and then she divorced him in 1993 after Warrant's career went kaput.
>>
>>73904833
they're great
>>
>>73904833
They kill the nu-male
>>
>>73908024
No wonder he dropped at 47. He doesn't look too healthy in this vid.
>>
>>73904833
They probably fucked your mother and every other women in your family. Shout at the devil is a masterpiece.
>>
>>73908931
My mom was a married adult in her 30s when Motley Crue were at their peak, so no.
>>
>>73910022
goddamn your mom must be old as fuck
>>
>>73906066

>Lumping in Van Halen and DEF LEPPARD with hair shit

It's called 'hard rock' kid, read a book or something.
>>
>>73910335
Some Motley Crue tunes (like Kickstart My Heart) aren't metal either, they're just hard rock.
>>
>>73910361

There's almost always a crossover but when I think 'hair metal bands' I'm thinking Poison, Skid Row, Cinderella, that sort of thing. The likes of Halen and Leppard started in the fucking seventies making hard rock, that they wrote some songs on the glam borderline in the mid-eighties shouldn't define them.
>>
>>73910542
Sometimes the line between metal and hard rock gets pretty fuzzy, but Crue were definitely much more metal in the early 80s when they were touring with NWOBM groups and Ozzy, late 80s they were mostly touring with pop rock groups like Bon Jovi and the "real" metal guys like Metallica openly mocked them.
>>
>>73910733

And that's not even getting into shit like AOR, which I guess is somewhere between the two. Crue were definitely a joke by the end of the decade, as were many of the more shlocky bands, but there was some good shit hanging around that line.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.