[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unironically pretty good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (935KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
935KB, 640x640px
Unironically pretty good
>>
>>73903321
Marcus pls leave
>>
>>73903321
lmao
>>
you have god awful taste
go back to KTT or r/hiphopheads or whatever
we don't want your over-produced top 40 pop rap bullshit here
>>
>>73903360
>you have god awful taste
I'm sorry you feel that way.

Other than it being "overproduced" what don't you like about it?
>>
>>73903366
>>73903331
Marcus what the fuck did I say
Get off /mu/ its past your bedtime
>>
>>73903321
>unironically listening to DJ Khaled and shilling him on a vietnamese board

I mean, it's not good even ironically.
>>
>>73903366
the lyrics all revolve around the same narcissism/hedonism including weezy's absolute gem of "She thinks we Clyde and Bonnie but we more like Whitney-Bobbi" which is great considering Bobbi beat the everloving fuck out of Whitney
the melody is a basic progression that I'm sure has been done before
the bassline is as simple as they come and doesn't vary throughout the entire 5 minutes of the song
the vocal sample that appears throughout the track is annoying as shit
the Americanized Caribbean sound is played at this point in time and it's not even good compared to contemporary fusions like Gwan Big Up Urself or Madiba Riddim
>DEE JAY KAH-LED
>ANOTHER ONE
>WE THA BEST MUSIC
whenever the fat fuck gets the chance to
>>
>>73903438
whoops Bobby not Bobbi
>>
>>73903438
>the lyrics all revolve around the same narcissism/hedonism
I don't subscribe to the belief that there's anything inherently wrong about that lyrical topic, myself.

>the melody is a basic progression that I'm sure has been done before
No doubt. If it ain't broke (and it ain't, in this case)

>the bassline is as simple as they come and doesn't vary throughout the entire 5 minutes of the song
I find that's true of a lot of basslines. Heck, the bassline doesn't vary at all in the ten minutes of Got To Give It Up and that's a great track.

>the vocal sample that appears throughout the track is annoying as shit
I can see why you'd think that, but I think it adds texture. Got a faintly UK Bass vibe to it.

>the Americanized Caribbean sound is played at this point in time and it's not even good compared to contemporary fusions like Gwan Big Up Urself or Madiba Riddim
"Not as good as other artists" doesn't mean "bad". I haven't got sick of that sound, anyway.

>whenever the fat fuck gets the chance to
Yeah, okay, I'll admit that's annoying.
>>
>>73903477
>I don't subscribe to the belief that there's anything inherently wrong about that lyrical topic, myself.
Neither do I but if you're gonna do it at least add some flare to the lyrics. It's like they couldn't be fucked to make metaphors or use imagery or use a less simple rhyme scheme
>No doubt. If it ain't broke (and it ain't, in this case)
I personally don't think they did it justice
>I find that's true of a lot of basslines. Heck, the bassline doesn't vary at all in the ten minutes of Got To Give It Up and that's a great track.
Yeah but Marvin is adding to the track by telling an interesting story and putting energy into the track. Everyone on I'm the One sounds like they're just phoning in their parts. There's no energy to it outside of the artificial, plastic energy you get because it's a summer club banger.
>I can see why you'd think that, but I think it adds texture. Got a faintly UK Bass vibe to it.
That sound has been here in the states for almost 2 years now, it's overused and is no longer interesting. I mean, Maroon 5 used it.
>"Not as good as other artists" doesn't mean "bad". I haven't got sick of that sound, anyway.
I never said that that's what made it bad, I said that the industry is over-saturated with that sound and this just sounds like another generic song in that vein. The songs I mentioned I thought took an interesting and refreshing take that I'm the One doesn't. I was never big on this sound anyway; Cheerleader is a shit track
>>
>>73903438
>liking Madiba Riddim
>thinking you're in a position to tell people what's good and what's not

You're just like him. Please go back. Even plebbit has better taste and is aware Drake's latest stuff is fucking garbage. Fucking scum on my board.
>>
>>73903600
>Neither do I but if you're gonna do it at least add some flare to the lyrics. It's like they couldn't be fucked to make metaphors or use imagery or use a less simple rhyme scheme
I can see that. I think they were going for something more anthemic and singalong which works.
>I personally don't think they did it justice
Fair enough. I guess I can't argue with that.
>Yeah but Marvin is adding to the track by telling an interesting story and putting energy into the track. Everyone on I'm the One sounds like they're just phoning in their parts. There's no energy to it outside of the artificial, plastic energy you get because it's a summer club banger.
I think that, itself, lends it the right energy. I think it's playful and fun.
>That sound has been here in the states for almost 2 years now, it's overused and is no longer interesting. I mean, Maroon 5 used it.
Longer, possibly. It hasn't worn me down.
>I never said that that's what made it bad, I said that the industry is over-saturated with that sound and this just sounds like another generic song in that vein
Fair enough. I don't think progression is in the cards. I think it has a solid foundation.
>>
>>73903674
I never said I liked the track
I just said it's better than this piece of shit
>>
>>73903682
>I can see that. I think they were going for something more anthemic and singalong which works.
I'm fine with that for the hook but who's rapping along with Quavo in the club? It's the rappers who I take issue with
>I think that, itself, lends it the right energy. I think it's playful and fun.
I mean I guess. It just doesn't feel natural to me
>>
>>73903734
>I'm fine with that for the hook but who's rapping along with Quavo in the club? It's the rappers who I take issue with
I must confess, as someone who likes this track, I find the rap verses indistinct. I only care for the hook.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.