[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do you start with Country music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: unnamed.png (146KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
146KB, 300x300px
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (74KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
74KB, 1440x1080px
>>73898399
with the GOAT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW5UEW2kYvc
>>
>>73898422
God dammit im talking about actual country not this garbage
>>
>>73898422
>not johnny rebel
yanky/10
>>
>>73898701
>helping a chum move
>the whole family's there drinking and moving, having a good ol time with country music blaring
>"hey anon, know any good country?"
>"y-yeah heh heh"
>play johnny rebel through the big speakers
>everyones dead quiet and staring at me
>I nod my head for a bit and then leave for the bathroom

Fuck country and everyone who listens to it
>>
>>73898399
Y o u d o n ' t.
>>
>>73899006
What is so offensive about some country?
>>
The Columbia Country Classics series is a good starting point, though it's obviously hindered by the fact that it only includes music that Columbia had the rights to at the time. The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band's Will the Circle Be Unbroken is a good starting point to pre-WWII country; even though it was recorded in the 70s it features most of the then-still alive 30s and 40s country stars recording their best tunes.
>>73898661
There was a time when Johnny Cash wasn't included under the term "actual country".
>>
File: Cover.jpg (483KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
483KB, 1000x1000px
>>
Start with some classics. If you have absolutely no experience with country music listen to At Folsom Prison and America IV by Johnny Cash.
After that listen to
>Hank Williams Sr
The classic. If it weren't for him country music might not be around today. His sound may not appeal to as many people today but it's still worth looking into.
>More Johnny Cash
He's a staple, everyone knows him, and for good reason. If you're still unsure what you like keep listening to cash
>Hank Williams Jr
IMO has a more pop appealing sound but is still a good songwriter and has done enough to earn his own career separate from his father.
>David Allen Coe
An amalgamation of biker, hippie, and cowboy. But he's not too manly to cry.
>Waylon Jennings
Another classic artist. Known for his attitude and always has something interesting to say.
>Willie Nelson
Country with a little hippie twist, very easy going, happy go lucky attitude.
>Marty Robbins
Classic Gunfighter/Cowboy Ballads that will make you want to sit down and watch some John Wayne movies.
>Charlie Daniels
So American he almost borders on self parody but still makes good music
>>
>>73898661
Alan Jackson is "actual" country.
>>
>Hank Williams
>George Jones
>Merle Haggard
>Lefty Frizell
>Patsy Cline
>>
File: 4L_IEyZBG7u.jpg (4KB, 167x163px) Image search: [Google]
4L_IEyZBG7u.jpg
4KB, 167x163px
I'm not lying when I say that this fucker introduced me to country music. this board doesn't know jack shit about the genre and is overall trash with country music so I decided to give his guide a try. It's pretty decent honestly

http://www.scaruffi.com/history/country.html
>>
>>73898399
You start by driving down a dirt road in a rusty 'ol pickup truck. Preferably with a nice girl from the small town that you grew up in. She has long legs in a pair of warn out blue jeans. Afterwards you crack open a cold beer in a farmer's field and make sweet love under the Alabama night sky.
>>
File: UPDAPUNXYO.jpg (86KB, 500x586px) Image search: [Google]
UPDAPUNXYO.jpg
86KB, 500x586px
>>73898399
Buck Owens, Merle Haggard, Jerry Reed, Conway Twitty, David Allen Coe, Roger Miller, Hank Jr.

>>73898422
I love this song.
>>
>>73898399
The majority of country music is pure dogshit. Even the older classic artists tend to have only a handful of worthwhile material. There are very few entire albums worth getting into. Country never embraced the album format like Rock music did which is why country "artists" continued to churn out endless streams of mediocre material to pad out their singles.

TL;DR pick another genre
>>
>>73899784

This guy gets it.

This album is GOAT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsYJ8NALE7s&list=PLUOXlMzr9s6sK7IsNc8pkEvVWCvoQeVpc

also, add kris kristofferson, he's a legend:

https://youtu.be/faF0wOsVucw
>>
i've listened to johnny cash and hank jr. honestly, this genre is really meddling, i could only ever pretend to like it.

the only interesting things about it are rock bands with country influence (e. g. modest mouse) and bluegrass.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.