[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do textural sounds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: musical_texture.png (27KB, 600x332px) Image search: [Google]
musical_texture.png
27KB, 600x332px
this is a question for anybody who might be knowledgeable on music production, recording, or the production of examples i will give; how do i bring out the textural qualities of sounds like on the glow pt. 2, hospice, kid a, etc.? if anybody could point me in the direction of where i could learn more or could tell me some techniques used by the producers of music with a lot of texture it would be greatly appreciated
>>
>>73898372
what the fuck does this even mean?
give an example
>>
>>73898479
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nva9XwhaBMs

the fuzz sounds just has a lot of depth to it, like it feels thick to the ears. it's hard to explain
>>
It's called reverb and mic technique if you really mean "depth"

/thread start a /prod/ next time if there isn't one
>>
>>73898607
Well the way you get sounds like that from a guitar is to play so loud the microphone's recording is clipped (works better with distortion, since distortion clips the initial guitar signal)
In general, making things louder than they're intended to be has side effects mostly caused by the clipping. Phil Also records entirely with analog.
So the way I think Phil made this song, among others in his discog, is by making something so incredibly loud it clips to hell, then taking that recording of the clipped version and toning it down to a listenable volume.
Recording things poorly with a bad microphone also gives it less range in the song, so parts can sound odd due to the warping. Analog recording on cassette tapes causes shitty degradation effects also.
He plays "Wind's Dark Poem" live here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8I4-gy8cOQ) and obliterates the video camera's microphone, peaking it to hell, which gives a similar effect.
He also plays a 12 string electric sometimes which makes the sound fuller and more harmonized.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.