[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that if the only impression you got from this album

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: Hospice.jpg (10KB, 220x222px) Image search: [Google]
Hospice.jpg
10KB, 220x222px
Reminder that if the only impression you got from this album is "sad cancer story", or you don't recognize Two as a thematic masterpiece, you have no business voicing your opinion on anything.
>>
>>73897188
That album is catnip for softboys. Avoid
>>
>>73897188
Is this a meme?
>>
>>73897241
the only meme here...
is...
you friend........
>>
In my opinion the worst /mu/core album. I don't really care if you like it though. The emotional aspect kind of wears of for me after the first few listens and the actual music i don't find too entertaining.
>>
>>73897365
>emotional aspect
my whole point is that "feeling sad" is not the only thing the album has to offer. The entire thing is a granted unexceptional story of a cancer patient, but the entire thing is also a metaphor for an abusive relationship the lead singer was involved in, with Two being the tipping point of the two narratives. If you only see "le epic sad songs" you didn't actually listen to the album
>>
>>73897402
i mentioned that "the actual music i don't find too entertaining."
not judging if you like it either
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZICv6xbFBw4

much better version of Two
>>
File: 1482969988423.jpg (107KB, 614x810px) Image search: [Google]
1482969988423.jpg
107KB, 614x810px
>>73897188
>over intellectualizing albums to make yourself feel superior
nice
>>
This is THE album that got me into music. Unfortunately I can't even listen to it now because of how awful it is. I don't pretend to understand what I once saw in it, but I'm grateful for the road it led me down.
>>
>>73897365
Patrician spotted, this is the absolute/most overrated shit tier when it comes to /mu/core, even worse than AnCo
>>
>>73897587
That's a pretty ironic comment
>>
>>73897188
This would be a great album if it was mixed at least semi-decently. It sounds like shit.
>>
I've never actually heard the album, but if it doesn't include a ton of fucking waiting, it's not an accurate cancer story.
>>
>>73899368
It does.
>>
>>73897402
>but the entire thing is also a metaphor for an abusive relationship
No shit you fucking dickhead
>>
File: 1479624136868.jpg (153KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1479624136868.jpg
153KB, 1920x1080px
>dude being in a relationship with a BPD bitch is hard lmao

wow some fucking deep shit there
>>
The "muh sad story" is not not even the appeal for me. I like the album because precisely of the individual composition of every song and the way the band actually approached the whole album as a kind of symphony.
>>73897402
Everyone knows that.
>>
>>73897188
>/mu/ makes fun of Hospice for being sappy sadsack shit
>/mu/ circlejerks over Crow Looked At Me for being sappy sadsack shit
Don't pretend the songwriting's any better on the Mt Eerie album, you literally only fell for the "muh dead wife" meme.
>tl;dr
They're both garbage.
>>
>>73899593
>bpd bitch
Please explain, anon
>>
>>73897402
Kek that you think this is some deep insight. It's still basically "I'm so sad about this relationship with this bitch who can't be saved"
>>
>>73900779
Ps if I wanted an actual decent album about an abusive relationship that was doomed for failure and is realized by weaving together different narrative themes and stories I would listen to Have One On Me. I don't even hate Hospice, it's just very basic.
>>
>>73900751
Bipolar.
Been there done that, currently in a relationship with a bipolar schizophrenic, so i guess i can say life is great
>>
>>73899715
Seaweed is the only track that stuck with me from that record.

After a few listens I truly realized how boring the actual music/lyrics are and that the record is purely an emotional trip and nothing else
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.