[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your favorite album becomes a video game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2

File: vg controllers.jpg (302KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
vg controllers.jpg
302KB, 1024x512px
Cool thread idea from last night.
>Who develops it?
>What's the art style/graphics like?
>What's the story?
>What genre is it?
>What's the gameplay?
>Is it Japanese or Western?
>Is it on console, PC, or both?
>Is it good or shit?
>>
Gonna start with reposting the one I did from last night for Altars Of Madness. The other anon who made a nice post about Ocean Machine; if you're here I recommend you repost yours as well it was a cool idea.
>>
File: AOM.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
AOM.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
>Who develops it?
From Software's Dark Souls dev team or SCE/SIE Santa Monica Studio's God Of War dev team
>What's the art style/graphics like?
Starts off looking like usual fantasy affair, then progressively gets more occult/dark fantasy.
>What's the story?
Doom inspired set-up which requires the main character to destroy a set of altars that are causing corruption and madness to everything around them. The character itself feels aspects of said corruption/madness as well.
>What genre is it?
Dungeon crawling ARPG
>What's the gameplay?
Open ended dungeon crawling akin to Hexen which is still fast paced but the combat itself feels more weighty like Dark Souls 1 or Nioh. Custom death animations for enemies that are God Of War level brutal depending on where/how they died and what killed them.

Metal music is badass, so you can't die. BUT, instead you got a corruption meter that is like a health bar. It goes up every time you get hit by most enemies/traps and also by using some of the special magical powers you have since they are also derived from the same corrupt altars.

At the end of each "level" when you get to the altar you can choose to either destroy the altar increasing your corruption meter slightly or you can choose to take all its power in, permanently lowering your corruption meter in return for additional bonuses in stats/new abilities.

There's also a madness meter that functions akin to the sanity one in Eternal Darkness. Certain enemies/abilities, traps, rooms, and moments will trigger it to rise. The higher it goes the more prone the player is to illusions that fuck with the player. If filled it will make the player will use control of the player character and the PC will start acting unpredictably while also more prone to corruption.

Of course there are consumables to keep both meters down, though general ass kicking of bad guys helps as well.
>Is it on console, PC, or both?
Both
>Is it good or shit?
Dungeon crawler = meh reviews probably
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.