[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

XXL Freshman Cyphers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6

File: Cnh6SXsUEAACjxV.jpg (25KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Cnh6SXsUEAACjxV.jpg
25KB, 400x400px
https://youtu.be/aO12BCNUlLU

Admit it /mu/, he killed it
>>
>>73887768
yes, killed the vibe
>>
ayyy it dropped
>>
>>73887768
>first 3 go full retard and don't even try
>beat stops
>xxxdepression goes full school shooter and spits a satanic ritual in the form of a verse
Yeah he sure did kill it
>>
>>73887768
He fucking sucked.
>>
>>73887768
compared to the other wack motherfuckers yeah
>>
hahahaha what the fuck was that

I'm going to post this to r/cringe
>>
anyone else think ugly god is trying too hard to sound like the other mediocre rappers?
>>
>>73887768
Who the fuck is that super manlet that goes on second? That shit is funny as fuck.
>>
>>73887768

how short is made in tyo lmfao
>>
>>73887768
>this is the state of hip hop these days
jesus christ
>>
this is easily worse than last years which is saying a lot this is hilariously bad. I thought they were all just bad freestylers but jesus almighty
>>
>>73887801
this lol
>>
>>73887853
Stay there
>>
>that comedic timing of the beat coming back in for the credits
>>
>>73887768
>the state of these manlets
>>
>>73887768
Great, we have a member of the freshman class who doesn't even understand how cyphers work
>>
>>73888062
>>
>>73887768
Top tier cringe thanks for sharing this garbage kek
>>
File: l1485654437546.jpg (14KB, 251x219px) Image search: [Google]
l1485654437546.jpg
14KB, 251x219px
>that manlet
>>
>>73887854
I don't know, It would have been better if he gave a Beat My Meat type of comedic verse, but for what was obviously a freestyle I think he did the best out of all of them.

Ugly God > Made in Tyo > Playboi Carti > XXX
>>
i hope people keep beating the shit out of X while hes on stage til hes unable to keep making music. fuck that little faggot
>>
File: 1499704809879.gif (1MB, 170x180px) Image search: [Google]
1499704809879.gif
1MB, 170x180px
>>73887768
Jesus Christ, this kid is the absolute embodiment of edgy.
>>
Madeintyo needs to stop wearing fucking kiddy colours, it just makes him look like even more of a manlet
>>
>>73887768
damn X was dropping that knowledge
I respect him more as a rapper now
>>
Kyle was the only person who actually did well.

xxsconcussion was pretentious af and couldn't even keep the flow.

boogie & amine were at least understandable with some semblance of writing. the rest were just inaudible mumblerap
>>
>>73887768
Straight garbage, every one of them
>>
>>73887768
lol gaayyyy
>>
>>73887768
Why did the mulatto midget crouch?
>>
The lyrics might be better than the other fags' mumble brag, but it was the most pretentious shit I've ever seen from tentacion
Like, he just crouched in the middle and let the beat stop, and just started spitting his pseudo-deep bullshit like he did on his freestyle. He doesn't really know how cyphers work.
I appreciate his effort to stand out and form his image, but he isn't really succeeding, this is cringe.
>>
>>73887953
The first group was so much better it wasn't even funny, no wonder they divided them up like this. Kyle and boogie with a hoodie actually sound like rappers compared to these fucking clowns.

XXX did what I guess could be considered decent, but it didn't fit with the beat at all, and he is kind of one note with his tone. It's like the shallow rap equivalent of black metal.
>>
>>73887768
XXXTentacion verse was fire, the rest were whack
>>
>>73890182
>but it didn't fit with the beat at all,
he didnt rap on the beat...
>>
>>73890190
how's grade 9
>>
ITS OUR TIME NOW , Rest In Piss To all those emo hipster CLOUD RAPPERS , Their time is up COMPLETELY , ITS DARK TRAP SEASON , WHERE REAL NIGGAS WIN AND DO REAL SHIT , Look Out For Every Artist In This Pic We Are What's Poppin Now , WE ENDED CLOUD RAP YESTERDAY , WE ENDED EMO ANIME RAP SAYING SHIT ABOUT "BUMPING FLOCKA IN A UNDERWATER TANK" WE ENDED IT , ITS OVER THEY CANT COMPETE WITH THIS LINE , WE ENDED EMO MISERBLE RAPPERS WHO WEAR DRESSES AND HOLD SWORDS WE DID FOR LORD GUWOP . FOR KING GUCCI ONE OF THE FATHERS OF DARK TRAP AND TRIPLE SIX MAFIA THE KINGS , WE ENDED IT CLOUD RAP YESTERDAY WE WOKE THE CHILDREN FROM THE DEAD AND GAVE THEM THEIR MIND BODY AND SOULS BACK WE REMINDED THEM WHO THE REAL KINGS WAS WHEN WE GAVE THEM NO MERCY , WE ARE THE TUFF GUYS WE ARE THE MEN WOMEN WANT AND ADMIRE WE ARE THE KINGS WE CAME FROM A DARK LIFE WE TRAP WE JUGG WE REAL WE ARE THE MOST FEARED WE TREAT FUCK BOYS LIKE SHIT AND SHOW NO MERCY TO THEIR DEAD ALLIES WE ARE THE LEADERS WE ARE THE GODS WE ARE THE MEN OF TODAY , WE ARE NOT LITTLE HIPSTERS WHO WEAR BLACK RIPPED JEANS FROM HOT TOPIC WEARING A METALLICA SHIRT WITH DIED BRAIDS IN THIER HEAD JUST TO SEEM TRENDY , WE ARE NOT THOSE PEOPLE WHO CAME FROM A HAPPY HOME WITH A PICKET FENSE AND A LAB DOG WHILE SITTING AT HOME MOAPING THE ROOM BECAUSE DADDY DIDNT TAKE US ROLLER BLADING TODAY , WE ARE NOT THOSE HIPSTERS WHO GO ON YOUTUBE JUST TO WATCH HOOD VIDEOS AND IMITATE DANGEROUS MEN THEY'LL NEVER BE , CAUSE WE ARE THOSE DANGEROUS MEN WE ARE THE ONES THESE CLOUD RAPPERS FEAR SO THEY KEEP US AS A SECRET WHILE SOAKING OUR STYLES SO THE WOMEN OF TODAYS SOCIETY CAN WORSHIP THEM NOW THE WOMEN EVEN CAUGHT ON THEY NOW REALIZE THAT THESE COLOR HAIR SAME CLOTHES WEARING HOMELESS LOOKING EMO DEPRESSED SWORD HOLDING DRESS WEARING FAKE LEAN SIPPING FAKE XAN POPPING PRIVLEGED NIGGAS WILL NEVER BE LIKE US DARK TRAP NIGGAS BE CAUSE WE ARE MEN WE ARE THE ONE THEY ADMIRE THEY WANT TO BE US
>>
>>73890176
Agreed
>>
>>73890239
The beat was quiet and lower tempo, listen again pleblord
>>
>>73890446
disregard that, I suck cocks
>>
X is an edgy one-note faggot with the stuff he's been doing for XXL, but fuck, it's a note I like slightly more than the one note 'bling n bitches' shit everyone else is doing.

Kyle is the only one actually any good.
>>
>>73887916
>this is the state of rap on the front end
gotta look harder
>>
>>73890646
kyle is a fucking tryhard that probably spliced that shit together from a bunch of yet to be released songs
>>
>>73887768
I thought Ugly God was supposed to be good. This was embarrassing
>>
>>73887908
it says 5'5 but my cousin is 5'5 and he looks like a giant compared to him.
>>
I hadn't heard Playboi Carti before the XXL cover but holy shit he has to be one of the top-10 worst rappers I've ever heard.

and I'm not a fan but X objectively outshined everyone else here.
>>
>>73890646
The annoying thing is Kyle has talent but he's a total pussy and the things he chooses to rap about are dumb
>>
>>73890805
>unironically trying to use the fact that a rapper actually tries as an insult

You are the reason people don't take hip hop seriously

>>73891004
I wouldn't call him a pussy, but I agree that sometimes he's a little too silly for his own good. I still like him though.

Kyle is too goofy, X is too edgy, everyone else ranges from hilariously horribad to generic and forgettable.
>>
The beat cut ruined Xs bit
He should be able to rap to the beat like everyone else, he just feels like the odd one out which makes it impossible to compare his verse to the others
>>
>>73891099
Do you think if they didn't let him drop the beat he would've still performed the same edgy satanic ritual verse? I can picture it being worse if he starts spitting about that over that beat.
>>
>>73891099
not really, he actually sai something meaningful with substance while the other ones didn't
>>
>>73887768
C R I N G E
R
I
N
G
E
>>
>>73887953
What? Carti and Ugly God themselves put this above all last years except G Herbo and maybe Dave East.
>>
>>73890176
>I appreciate his effort to stand out and form his image, but he isn't really succeeding, this is cringe.

Hes just a young rapper who doesn't know how to handle new found fame, hes really fucking up his business practice right now too.

I guess he'll mature as time goes on, I do think he has potential. I'm just wondering how his first album will sound and how it will sell considering he has barely any promotion, his business practice is completely out of whack and his following is mainly internet based and on streaming services like soundcloud.
>>
>>73887768
sucks cause in X's profile interview they show clips of his cypher and it looks like he's having fun and spittin some good bars, but then the actual cypher is shit
>>
File: 40U2cTH.jpg (97KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
40U2cTH.jpg
97KB, 750x1334px
X haters BTFO
>>
holy fuck what was X thinking
lmfaooooo
>>
>>73887768
Holy fuck this is good!
>>
>>73887768
it all sounds so terrible
>>
File: xxx.jpg (279KB, 1535x816px) Image search: [Google]
xxx.jpg
279KB, 1535x816px
>>73887768
>>
https://youtu.be/kFEJd8-6tsY

Listening to it again with the lyrics in front of me, I actually really liked X's verse. I think people just heard the beat cut out (still not a decision I completely agree with) and the first line and blow it off completely. It's an actual storytelling verse, which I appreciate, and I think people just hear individual edgy words out of context and ignore what he's actually doing.

Y'all niggas ig'nant
>>
>>73892391
no you just enjoy very simple things

btw, I need need to read the lyrics to Big L....because I can understand him when he raps, unlike some people
>>
>>73892498
>no you just enjoy very simple things

Relative to the other verses in the cypher, which according to you are otherwise?
>>
I can respect that he tries to stand out and not just rap with the same "ay" flow everyone did. Overall, this cypher was weak compared to the first.
>>
>>73892224
I can only tell Ride, Bowie, Tyler, Lennon, Kanye, Sinatra, Cobain, Grimes, MF Doom, FlyLo, Pac, MJ, Kendrick, Hendrix, and Bjork
>>
Cyphers are about lyrics...x lyrically was best in this one even tho it may not seem like it. Like if you wrote each of their verses out you would see that his shit actually had bars and rhymes (wich is what the hell rap is to begin with) wether or not you agree with what he's saying. Also not saying it's bad that the other dudes were lit, in the last cypher Kyle and them were hyped too but their lyrics were more than just suck my this and that.
>>
>>73892579
no they were all garbage lol
>>73892110
>>73892110

this was my original post
>>
>>73890805
>kyle is a fucking tryhard that probably spliced that shit together from a bunch of yet to be released songs
thats what a cypher's suppose to be its like a hot potato of verses
>>
>>73890871
>but X objectively outshined everyone else here
id rather hear mumble rap than pseudointellectual bullshit, at least mumble rap knows what it is and doesn't try to stray
>>
>>73892664
Thom yorke
jeff mangum
bork
tupac
tyler the creator
mf doom
robin pecknold
jimi
kendrick
mj
deaf gribs
bowie
eno
nick drake
john lennon
yeezy
frankie sinatra
aphex twin
daniel lopatin
sufjan stevens
kurdt cobain
brian wilson
damon albarn
grimeth
mark kozozcleck
miles davis
the other vaporwave guy
mariana
>>
>>73887801
holy fuck lmao
>>
>>73893028
>the other vaporwave guy
i hope you catch a cold soon
>>
Not gonna lie, these threads give me second hand anxiety when trying to watch X's verse. I've tabbed out twice before the first bar so far.

I am not athletic.
>>
>>73891138
>meaningful
>substance
No.
>>
Kyle > Amine > Carti > TYO > Boogie > Ugly God (Bad on purpose, probably) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>XXX

Congrats, X, you just ruined your career.

If we wanna throw 2016 in here:
Denzel Curry = Lil Dicky > G Herbo = Dave East > Kyle > Amine > Carti > Uzi = TYO > Boogie > Ugly = Kodak > Yachty > 21 > Desiigner > .Paak >>>>>>>>>>>>>>XXX
>>
trap was a mistake
>>
Predictions for the next cypher:

PnB will do good
Kamaiyah will be corny
Kap G will be your typical atlanta fag
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.