[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else here considers themselves failed musicians?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: lXSWGjR.png (65KB, 1092x1037px) Image search: [Google]
lXSWGjR.png
65KB, 1092x1037px
>Be me
>8
>I want to be a singer
>Write songs and lyrics constantly.
>Sing everywhere
>Eventually starts taking singing lessons

>Be me
>12
>Self teaches anonself guitar, piano and ukulele.
>Still writing songs and even wins schools talent show.

>Be me
>16
>Teaches anonself drums, bass, harmonica, and synths.
>"Oh yes, I can feel it, I'm gonna be some one."
>Write lyrics constantly during my classes.
>First time in studio
>Records first song
>Yippie!
>Song never sees the light of day, because if insecurities
>Eventually loses file over time.
>Competes in school talent show, didn't win but got far enough.
>Be an autist who carries around a guitar at school, because I take music "seriously."
>Schools in my district have Open mics, which I attend almost always.
>I become a mini star in my local home town.

>be me
>18
>move to Georgia with sister whose husband is a local music producer.
>Help him create, and produce some tracks for a well known artist in Atlanta.
>Sister says she will help me move to L.A. to persue music career.
>OhManICanFeelItNow.jpeg
>Sister and I have a huge falling out.
>I eventually have to move back to home state.

>be me now
>20
>Have a job where I work 6 days a week, and 8 hrs a day.
>Making good money, but consistently tired.
>Attend open mics whenever I have the energy.
>Go to a studio every blue moon, and get absolutely nothing done.

>Be me
>One month before my 21st birthday
>Hasn't done anything music related in months.

Have I failed?
>>
>>73887162
>21
>failed
kek you haven't even begun to fail anon. dust your shit off and get back to work, you aren't even close to the point where people give up.
>>
your mistake was moving to a shithole like georgia and expecting anything to happen.
save up your money, move to socal, seattle, new york or any other city with a thriving music scene.
go to open mics, talk to people you think are interesting, share ideas, make music together, etc.

t. in the same position except im 20, have been writing song ideas since i was 14, and have only been playing an instrument seriously for a year.
>>
>>73887246
The reason I had to move to Georgia with my sister was because at the time I had no choice. It was either Georgia or move in with drug addicted mother.
>>
>>73887162
it's such a risky career to bank on and a wonder you pursued it so heavily if you're already disheartened.

it's something i do mostly as a hobby, as many others. i recommend you nut up or get fucked up- diversify your tastes, stalk local acts (i'd say start in a moderately known scene, moving up to the big boys), and don't try to do everything at once
>>
>>73887246
t. Georgias only good for movies and the hippity hoppities
>>
File: IMG_2018.jpg (27KB, 480x534px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2018.jpg
27KB, 480x534px
>>73887162
>complains about having no time with a 48 hour work week
>>
>>73887162
You got like 8 years before it can't happen
>>
>>73887162
>21

You are not a failed musician you are a faggot
>>
>>73887162
If you lock yourself in a room and knuckle down 16 hours a day for a year the worst that will happen is you end up a session musician
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.