[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Listening to lyrics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1496186352315.jpg (47KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1496186352315.jpg
47KB, 600x450px
I found my interest in music between 10 and 13, and then I was hooked on nu-metal and house music. House didn't have lyrics apart from "Let me think about it", "There's nothing more that I want than to be with you" and so on and the nu metal mostly had shitty lyrics that ruined the songs for me so I didn't listen to the lyrics.

Now, at 23, I don't have a habit of caring about lyrics. It's just not a natural part of me listening to music. I want to change this, in order to be able to appreciate great music fully.

a) How should I go about this
b) Come forward, anons who plow through discographies without listening to the lyrics
>>
>>73884932
b
>>
Caring about lyrics in music is like caring about plot in film. Only plebs do it.
>>
>>73885340
but we're missing out on half of the thing
>>
b
>>
>>73884932
I usually focus on the instrumentals, but every once in a while I'll read through the lyrics whilst listening to the songs. That way you can focus on the lyrics.

I don't think listening to the lyrics necessarily makes a song more enjoyable, whatever you normally focus on listening to music probably does.
>>
I always used to give equal weightage to both lyrics and the instrumentals. When I got into Radiohead and other similar bands, I just stopped thinking of lyrics as an important aspect. I started treating the voice as another instrument in the song and completely changed my way of thinking. I still don't know most of the lyrics to my fav albums even though I've been listening to them for close to a decade now.
>>
>>73888426
you didn't think radiohead lyrics were enjoyable? They're one of the reasons I want to learn to listen to lyrics
>>
>>73889486
It wasn't about enjoying as much as it was about thom's voice blending in with the instrumentation. I didn't think it was a requirement anymore. I paid a lot more attention to the music. OKC and Kid A are great albums musically, with or without the lyrics.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.