[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /mu/ find it's music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

everyone here claims their favorite artists are ones that usually have >10,000 views on their vids. How the fuck do you find all these random nobody artists? Do you just go on youtube and keep clicking until you're in the abyss level of the recommendations? And if so then why aren't you supporting local music since you're all so committed to underground taste? Honest question.
>>
>>73882953
>And if so then why aren't you supporting local music since you're all so committed to underground taste?
Why do you make this assumption?
>>
Spotify. Literally has spot in the name.
>>
>>73882985
because nobody on here talks about local artists
>>
>>73883006
That's not true. What are your top 3 of the year so far?
>>
>click on Die Antwoord's Ugly Boi (millions of views)
>find out they sampled this track from this guy aphex twin
>listen to aphex twin
>like it a lot
>look for more 'idm'
>year later
>listening to Kesto all day
>>
Charity shops and bootsales
>>
>everyone here claims their favorite artists are ones that usually have >10,000 views on their vid
Not many people do this, most of the board's users are proud normies at this point
>>
1 dollar bin at my local record store has garnered me a few gems

Other then that, /mu/ and Spotify
>>
>>73883036
well ok haha. So far in the houston scene Such Marvelous Monsters, Dead Radio, and Super Robot Party. All kinday shoegazy but hard rocking bands.
>>
>find something I want to listen to more of
>go to discogs
>check other artist aliases
>check label it was released on
That simple. Any label worth shit should have solid curation based on a cohesive aesthetic.
>>
>>73883098
Patrician
>>
>>73883146
Have any of those released a single song this year? Otherwise last year the Austin list was insane which I talked about often. This year has kinda been the Dallas revenge which no I haven't talked about too much but I still have.
>>
10,000 is a lot of views. Under 1,000 or not on YouTube at all is what I'd consider obscure
>>
>>73882953

<
>>
Reddit is actually a great way to find new obscure music. Just search for the specific subgenre and there's usually a subreddit established for it with at least a semi-active community. Personally I browse r/chillwave, r/idm, r/listentothis, r/sixthworldmusic, r/wavepool, r/ambient
>>
>>73883239
Dead Radio just released their first EP, SMM has their debut album complete but not released yet. I'll link the DR
>>
>>73883239
https://soundcloud.com/the-sunday-janes/painted-glass-ep

https://www.reverbnation.com/suchmarvelousmonsters/song/27766819-keep-talking-studio-single
>>
>>73883146
If you want more central Texas shoegaze then She Sir puts out a new album on the 21st. They were my local aoty 2014
>>
>>73883239
Fuck Austin, I lived there for and all I could see were nightclubs. Houston is on the fucking rise m8
>>
>>73883470
I'll check em out
>>
>>73883486
Well what year? I have my fair share of problems with this town but about 20 good albums came out last year alone.
>>
>>73883502
right at the end of 2015, at least texas seems to be the new scene in general
>>
>>73883496
I liked that Dead Radio song but I wish more people were putting out albums. Lots of great singles and EPs but not too many albums this year. Unless it's Dallas. And I'm counting Bedhead/New Year since one of them still lives there and that's how they're still listed anyway.
>>
>>73883514
Come In Algiers was my local aoty 2015 but it came out in January
>>
>>73883518
yeah I wish so too. It's just a sad fact of these days that people don't have the patients to wait for an album. They all want small bits of content constantly barraging them on facebook, youtube, etc. It's the age of content creator these days
>>
>>73883527
yeah. It was really hard for me to find new shit because I knew literally no one in the scene and was 20 so I couldn't even get into bars. Dead Radio kicks ass though, I've seen them several times
>>
Bandcamp, spotify's discover station can sometimes be decent, and bands that come through local venues even if I can't see the show personally.
>>
>>73882953
subscribe to labels on youtube
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.