[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

did they purposefully mimic joy divison/new order's career?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6324.jpg (215KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6324.jpg
215KB, 1200x630px
did they purposefully mimic joy divison/new order's career?
>>
only kurt did
>>
>>73881260
what about grohl
>>
because suicide and grohl carried on? new order was the exact same band minus curtis and plus a primitive sequencer.
>>
>>73881212
The comparison doesn't work because the ex-Joy Division members actually made good music after the fact, whereas Dave Grohl is responsible for some of the most mindlessly bland rock music of the last 20 years and literally no one gives a single shit about Krist.
>>
There was an interview Kurt did where he said he had been putting off listening to Joy Division because he was afraid he'd like it too much. He kind of hinted about the mystique of the depression/suicide being alluring. Courtney also said Kurt liked Bauhaus, so he was probably into that kind of stuff.
>>
>>73881212
The only difference is that Joy Division actually were a good band.
>>
>>73881317
>implying Nirvana wasn't mindlessly bland
They're proto-buttrock, dude. Literally everything that people hate about bands like Creed and Nickelback started with Nirvana.
>>
>>73881334
Those bands took the Nirvana/Pear Jam sound and watered it down for even easier mass consumption. it's hardly Nirvana's fault that the bands they influenced were shit.
>>
>>73881212
He tried to be Punk but then he was exposed as a fraud so he hired Pat Smear and pulled a Darby Crash to compensate.
>>
>>73881212
Are you actually comparing Foo Fighters to New Order?
>>
>>73881212
>kurt sucked at singing, writing lyics and playing guitar

shit band
>>
lead singer of a fairly dark band at the forefront of their respective genres commits suicide. (with marital issues and physical ailments being contributing factors) Other band members then go on to form a new, less dark musical act. Obviously the quality of the music is different but you can't help but notice the similarities in the background
>>
>>73881317
i-i care about krist
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.