[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hallucinogens and music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 18

File: Syd LSD.jpg (2MB, 1000x998px) Image search: [Google]
Syd LSD.jpg
2MB, 1000x998px
"I don't need drugs to enjoy to music!"

Sure, you don't need drugs to enjoy music, but you do need LSD or Shrooms in order to fully understand some albums and some songs like Tomorrow Never Knows and Within You Without You by The Beatles.
>>
>>73880272
shut the fuck up, we get it you did acid for the first time and wanna tell everyone about it
>>
>>73880289
you're not wrong.

it was the greatest experience of my life, even better than the time I lost my virginity.
>>
>>73880289
another anon here but he's right
>>
>>73880272
One of the happiest moments of my life was when I was at a small party on ~400 ugs of LSD. I remember listening to the swang by Rae shremmurd and for the first time in my life feeling like everything was OK. Couldn't stand Rae shremmurd before that but now I can bump all of shremmlife 2.
I wouldn't go so far as to say you need psychs to fully understand some music but my mind definitely associates that music to the trip which brings good memories.
>>
>>73880382
>>73880272
By gods above, I'd like to see thee and thy ilk starved unto death in the gutters
>>
>>73880272

Dude echoes xD

But seriously, listen to Boards of Canada next time. I'm convinced their music was made for tripping. Listening to them sober and listening to them tripping is like night and day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxByyoMynZA
>>
File: Can - Tago Mago.jpg (159KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Can - Tago Mago.jpg
159KB, 600x600px
WHEN I SAW MUSHROOM HEAD
I WAS BORN
AND I WAS DEAD
>>
File: aaa-450x270.gif (69KB, 450x270px) Image search: [Google]
aaa-450x270.gif
69KB, 450x270px
>>73880740
WHEN I SAW
SKIES ARE RED
>>
>>73880518
Just watched some Shakespeare?
>>
>>73880272
Music is just math and if you need to handicap parts of your brain to fully appreciate that math something is wrong.
>>
>>73881174
god your taste must be terrible
>>
>>73881174
This is like saying "if you need a really good headphones to appreciate music, something is wrong". You know nothing.
>>
>>73881174

> handicap
that's pretty much the opposite of what lsd does
>>
>>73881220
This.
>>
obv Pink Floyd/The Beatles you name it is good on acid. So is whatever pop country that's on the radio. And light shows are awesome. But so is the glowing red light on a power strip. acid and mushrooms make everything better. One of the best things I ever heard was the god damned Ying Yang Twins. tripping is just fun and good for enjoying music, but the music doesn't have to be 'designed' for tripping.
>>
>>73881174
That's not how psychedelics work at all. Check out this study from last November about consciousness and psychedelics.
https://www.nature.com/articles/srep46421
>>
>>73881174
it handicaps the part of your brain that handicaps your brain
>>
>>73880272
>high as balls on shrooms with best friend, afternoon at the park and we're walking home
>suddenly he doesn't feel right, collapses and falls unconscious
>hits his head on the pavement, I start panicking, people are gathering to see what's the matter
>literally frothing at the mouth, try and make up some bullshit about him being narcoleptic
>meanwhile holding him and he's drifting in and out of consciousness
>see people are calling the cops / ambulance
>ask him what he wants to do, if he wants to go to the hospital
>"take me hooooo-" and falls unconscious again
>lift him on my shoulder and start running away from the crowd
>finally he regains consciousness enough to open his building's door
>lay him in his bed and feed him half a pot of honey
>play this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kmo1q3JtUA
>all the crazy tension that was keeping me lucid fades away
>just lay there staring beyond the ceiling for the whole album
>just being and feeling
in the end he only had a small bump on his head but fuck was it intense
>>
>>73881174
this post really triggered the dudeweed redditors
>>
>>73882089
It's just factually untrue.
>>
File: 1490639662492.png (9KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1490639662492.png
9KB, 160x160px
>>73882089
How can I be a 'dudeweed redditor' if I don't use Reddit and haven't smoked weed in 6 years?
>>
>>73880272
Drugs only inhibit understanding music. Stop poisoning your mind
>>
>>73881529
LSD doesn't do anything to help you "understand". All it does is make you hallucinate and distort reality
>>
anyone who has done a lot of LSD regularly know of any consequences of doing it too often or in large amounts?
>>
ITT: Degenerates
>>
upm
>>
>>73880272
Yeah, acid sure did old Syd a lot of good...
>>
>>73882588
The only negative consequence of doing it too often is HPPD which is temporary. Although you shouldn't take LSD if you have epilepsy, a heart disease, or schizophrenia. Some people believe it can cause a siezure, heart attack, or schizophrenic episode respectively.
>>
>>73884313
if you abuse anything it will do harm
>>
File: le i dont do drugs man.jpg (147KB, 600x605px) Image search: [Google]
le i dont do drugs man.jpg
147KB, 600x605px
>>73882724
>>
>>73884313
He was prone to schizophrenia so it fucked him up. If you're a healthy individual it won't do anything by itself.
>>
idk how you can listen to music on acid really, all I want to do is look around and talk to other people who are on it, although listening to TMR the most recent time was brilliant fun
>>
>>73880272
>to understand why Schindler's List is a good film you have to die in the holocaust
>>
>>73884843
Didn't know that
>>
>>73884909
wtf I hate drugs now
>>
My friend put on a bjork song when I was tripping, I think it was just her playing the harp. Not sure of the name of it but it was an amazing experience
>>
File: orbus terrarum.jpg (70KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
orbus terrarum.jpg
70KB, 500x500px
>>73880272
I've listened to a few albums on shrooms and each time I felt like I came out of it with the deepest possible understanding of its "meaning", but psilocybin is one of those drugs where even the seemingly mundane takes on great significance.

>>73882724
Hello, /pol/.
>>
>>73884858
I always really want to listen to a lot of music when I do acid but it never works out that way. Get too caught up in whatever's going on I guess.
>>
>you must get high to find the Beatles music worthwhile
I agree.
>>
>>73882588
main risk of doing too much is becoming a total acidhead nutcase. like the kind of person who believes in flat earth theory. just totally removed from any objective fact-based reality. i keep it to a couple times a year but i'm sure even as much as once a month is fine.
>>
The spergs hating on lsd are just repressed people who never had the opportunity to do then and therefore resent those who do and have found enjoyment in them
>>
>>73882052
What does honey do?
>>
>>73880272
fuck off, as someone whos taken a bunch of acid, yes it makes it TREMENDOUSLY more enjoyable and itll elevate music to a more spiritual experience than it already is, BUT you dont need acid to understand any music. Its not necessary to understand shit, it just makes you feel it more deeply
>>
>>73885577
true
>>
>t. brainlets with no musical education need drugs to fool themselves into believing they're getting into the music
>>
>>73880272
Idk, some stuff is overwhelming on it, the one time i did it i got mad at my mates brother for playing tame impala, i then went on to playing smash 4 for a few hours just for the dreamland music
>>
drugs are for losers
>>
>>73885830
>>73882724

Go back to /v/
>>
>>73885891
i don't take orders from losers, loser
>>
>>73885999
You realize this is a music board right?

I wonder how many of your favorite artists tripped on acid?
>>
>>73880272
Is this some kind of shitpost?
>>
>>73886086
>I wonder how many of your favorite artists tripped on acid?

none of them, loser
>>
>>73886129
prove it, post top50
>>
Doing drugs is one of those things that makes it impossible for me to respect someone.
>>
>>73886129

Top kek
>>
>>73885767
>i got mad at my mates brother for playing tame impala
ur an idiot
>>
>>73886387

>im a huge tool

No one wants or needs your respect
>>
>>73886387
taking acid or shrooms is one the milestones in life like having sex or starting a family

I feel bad for people who don't want to try it/are scared it might change them negatively (indicator of a weak unstable mind)
>>
>>73886405
I'll have extra fries with my order, thanks.

>>73886410
>taking acid or shrooms is one the milestones in life like having sex or starting a family
>this is what druggies actually believe

That's pretty pathetic desu.
>>
I did mushrooms and LSD a couple of times, also higher doses, and did not feel like it is teaching me something or showing me something what I didn't already know. You have to be kind of dull to need these substances to appreciate the beauty of life, I guess.
>>
>>73886387
What are the other things?
>>
>>73886447
weak mind
>>
>>73886387
>>73886447

I hope you never drink, anon. Otherwise i can't fathom the level of mental gymnastic you must undergo to justify this position. I can understand someone who's apprehensive about drugs in general. However, anyone adamant against psychedelics is woefully misinformed. And ppl particulary into any art form with strong positions against psychedelics is honestly just a sore thumb. How can you enjoy any kind of art made in the last couple of centuries and seriously never delved into drug research of some form.
>>
>>73886541
>And ppl particulary into any art form with strong positions against psychedelics is honestly just a sore thumb. How can you enjoy any kind of art made in the last couple of centuries and seriously never delved into drug research of some form.
>if you like art in any form you must like drugs
Seriously, kill yourself.
>>
>>73886576
reading comprehension
>>
>>73886576

Guess im wasting my time trying to talk seriously with another child of the hyper information era who think they have the all the answer without anything but thumbnail understanding.
>>
>>73880382
dude if you ever try it again watch the movie koyaanisqatsi. Just trust me. It was literally created to be watched on lsd.
>>
>>73886491
Tattoos, smoking and adults enjoying children's entertainment(superhero movies, videogames, comic books etc.) are the first things that came to my mind right now. There's probably some other things as well.

>>73886521
And a large soda to go, thanks.

>>73886541
>And ppl particulary into any art form with strong positions against psychedelics is honestly just a sore thumb. How can you enjoy any kind of art made in the last couple of centuries and seriously never delved into drug research of some form.

What a baffling statement.
Being into art because it feels freaky when under influence strikes me as a lot more vapid and uneducated than being into art because you understand and appreciate the processes, history and actual artistry behind a work of art. Why are druggies so intellectually lazy?
>>
File: 1471902494694.gif (55KB, 283x402px) Image search: [Google]
1471902494694.gif
55KB, 283x402px
>>73886739
>2017
>Doesn't smoke cigarettes

Are you bullied, mentally handicapped or both?

>b-but it kills you

And? Was life a contest about who lives the longest?

>it's addicting!!!

It's not, as long as you're not under-aged and you can smoke in moderation

>it's....IT'S EXPENSIVE!!!

Who forces you to buy a pack every day, fucking peat-gavel
>>
File: IMG_3218.jpg (62KB, 372x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3218.jpg
62KB, 372x540px
>>73886739
>Being into art because it feels freaky when under influence

Why are you proud of being so openly underinformed?
>>
>>73886770
Cigarettes more than anything else always seemed to me to be a sign of weak and insecure character. Suffering second-hand smoke pisses me off, but it's the mindset of the average smoker(as laid out very succinctly in your own post) which I find to be truly repulsive.
>>
>>73886817
I read this as a teenager when I first got into Huxley. I found the book and Huxley's vision of drug use to be extremely corny even then. I imagine I probably wouldn't even be able to get through the whole thing again if I tried rereading it now.
>>
>>73886817
>reading the literary equivalent of 420 blaze it
What a pseud lmao.
>>
>>73886739
>being into art because you understand and appreciate the processes, history and actual artistry behind a work of art.
Are you saying I can't do this under the influence of psychedelics? Because that isn't even true. I would even argue that I value these things moreso in the midst of a trip.

Please get off your high horse.
>>
>>73886886

Okay, anon. I guess Tolstoy's view of religion is corny too. Or Nabokov's on aesthetic. I guess, you're right, anon. How can there be any value in that which find corny. Doesn't mater how many renowed artist share an opinion, anon finds it corny so that's that.
>>
>>73880272

>junkie thinks there's some deeper meaning to the fucking Beatles

lmao
>>
>>73886902

>"i'll reduce this influencial piece of literature written by an internationally renowed author to memes cause im only capable of speaking in memes."
>>
>>73886947
>Are you saying I can't do this under the influence of psychedelics? Because that isn't even true. I would even argue that I value these things moreso in the midst of a trip.

Drugs work on a purely visceral level, and pure viscera bores the shit out of me desu, always has. It's a hollow way of approaching art or life or anything really.

>Please get off your high horse.

No need to desu, these biases have served me extremely well in life so far.

>>73887007
Don't drag Tolstoy into this, you bad boy.
>>
File: 20161014_172325.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161014_172325.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>tfw I've done dozens of drugs and tripped on acid/mushrooms almost 30 times but I've never had sex.
How is this even possible?
On a music related note some of the most impactful albums have been Eno's Before and After Science, TMR as another anon already pointed out, (it was hilarious in a manic sense, but not overwhelming, I was pretty much crying I was laughing so hard the whole time) any Autechre album, (although I prefer Tri Repetae) any Can album leading up to Soon over Babaluma. I had a 4 gram mushroom trip where I just listened to jazz the whole time, ranging from calm Grant Green to passionate and spiritual Joe McPhee.
Really though, most things you would enjoy sober musically, you would enjoy tripping, it's very subjective.
>>
>>73887180
>tfw I've done dozens of drugs and tripped on acid/mushrooms almost 30 times but I've never had sex.

It's OK Anon, according to the genius druggies ITT doing acid is just as much of a milestone in life as starting a family or losing your virginity. You're almost there!
>>
>>73887141

>Drugs work on a purely visceral level

That's one hell of an assumption. You know how many different kinds of drugs there? Do you know what a drug is? Sugar, and caffeine can be considered drugs just anything else. Drugs are compunds found in nature. Their effects vary a great lot. Nootropics are drugs and there entire research purpose is to enhance mental capacities and their results are well observed and documented scientifically. LSD is not purely visceral is actually very mental. Though loops are a constant prescence with lsd and observing them is an intellectual effort. You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>73887141
>pure viscera bores the shit out of me desu, always has
Sounds like a problem with you, not the drugs.

>It's a hollow way of approaching art or life or anything really.
I couldn't possibly disagree more. Why is it such a hollow way?
>>
>>73887262

Pardon the grammar, phone posting is a sin.
>>
>>73887141
>and pure viscera bores the shit out of me desu, always has. It's a hollow way of approaching art or life or anything really.

Yeah, I guess Bach and Beethoven were very hollow guys. You know cause trying to capture the divinity of God through music can't be anything be a visceral effort.
>>
File: 1496802438315.jpg (64KB, 392x368px) Image search: [Google]
1496802438315.jpg
64KB, 392x368px
>>73887228
I mean I consider a few of my trips to be very meaningful and they've undoubtedly helped mold me into the person I am, but I wouldn't attach any milestone to them. There have been plenty of meaningless, recreational trips as well as mind-shattering ones. It's what you take away, but many times I haven't taken much away besides "damn I love watching my ceiling morph and grow before my eyes as I talk to a goddess made of clouds, light, and eyeballs."
I just consider them an interesting thing I've done, but I don't like to go around bragging about it.
>>
File: 1752110.png (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1752110.png
21KB, 400x400px
>tfw only friend won't get me psychedelics
>tfw he says I'll never be ready for them because I get panic attacks when I smoke weed

Is he full of bullshit or am I really so much of a pussy I can never handle a mind opening psychedelic experience?
>>
>>73887262
>Nootropics

Sorry but lmao.

>LSD is not purely visceral is actually very mental. Though loops are a constant prescence with lsd and observing them is an intellectual effort.

Thought loops are a cognitive defect, there's nothing intellectual about them whatsoever.

>>73887269
>Sounds like a problem with you, not the drugs.

Maybe so. I get bored with most things very quickly. Too high standards, maybe.

>I couldn't possibly disagree more. Why is it such a hollow way?

The intellectual component of an experience is ultimately what drives one to re-experience it or further explore that direction in life or art or sex or whatever.
The purely emotional/visceral aspect of an experience is what delivers the initial impact, but if there's nothing more there, nothing that provides continued intellectual stimulation, said visceral aspect ultimately loses its punch very quickly and the whole thing loses its interest.
Or at least that's the case as long as you're not easily entertained, I guess.

>>73887302
What does Bach have to do with putting on a Flaming Lips album and dropping LSD on your parents' couch?
>>
>>73887050
>an internationally renowed author
Huxley worked intimately with the nascent CIA and Office of Naval Intelligence to define, research and plan their program of psychological warfare on your grandparents, parents, and you and I under programs such as MKULTRA. He was cut from the same mold as Josef Mengele, his motivations were never to spread "enlightenment" but to assist the criminal psychopaths who established the secretive factions within military intelligence weaponize psychiatric and psychological research.

He doesn't deserve our respect; what he deserved was was trial and execution for treason, like thousands of others of his ilk back then and unfortunately many more thousands today lurking within the compartmentalized military intelligence network.
>>
>>73887497
>Sorry but lmao.
>"oh no, a completely valid counterpoint to my argument. Let me just pretend to laugh instead of offering a proper counterpoint myself."

>>73887497
>Thought loops are a cognitive defect, there's nothing intellectual about them whatsoever.
It's not a cognitive defect since it's a direct result of the compounds effect.
>>
>>73887447
Just get used to smoking weed before jumping into psychs. I'm sure you'll get acclimated to the head space of being stoned after a while, and it would be much more satisfying to go into a psychedelic experience with a little experience of weed first. Pot can be very forgiving, but I can't say the same of a moderate dose of mushrooms or acid. They can be very scary to someone not expecting the racing thought patterns, but it's not a mountain you can't eventually climb.
When you smoke, try to focus on the fact that you just took a drug and it will be over in a couple hours and try not to focus on your heart rate as many new stoners usually fall victim to.
Really though, there's not an easy shortcut, just get used to weed first and you'll probably know when you're ready.
>>
>>73884832
Stop forcing this shitty meme.
>>
>>73887553

Julius Ceaser and Marcus Arelius led countless wars of expansion, killing many innocents people trying to defend their way of life. They were still fantastic statesmen and intellectuals.
>>
>>73887581
Nootropics are a meme, dude. "Lmao" is about as much of a retort as they deserve.

>It's not a cognitive defect since it's a direct result of the compounds effect.

I'm not sure how the latter statement should serve as proof of the former.
Intoxication is a direct result of overt alcohol abuse as well, does that make the time one of my friends mistook his bedroom closet for the bathroom and took a massive leaking shit all over it while being obscenely drunk any less of a cognitive failure on his part?
>>
>>73887585

How do I get used to weed though? The first time I did it I was with a group of people and they were really obnoxious and making fun of me and stuff, so I thought it was just the environment, but when I try to do it at home while listening to calming music, I still get a panic attack. I try to be calm, but it just happens anyway.
>>
>>73887447
weed is way harder for me to handle but if you cant control yourself on weed, you shouldn't touch something like lsd until you can handle weed. Also next time you get weed try getting a lower potency indica dominant strain.
>>
>>73887683
Seriously, just give it time. Try taking a small hit every hour or so so.
My experience was very similar to yours, when I started smoking it was around people I hardly knew and that just exasperated my social anxiety, so I mostly smoke alone these days, though I like smoking with close friends sometimes.
Distracting yourself with something you enjoy/ have to focus on helps personally. I like to read a book that requires attention, or play some vidya you're really into. The key is to get immersed, so you aren't just freaking out about your heart or how you're having racing thoughts. Distract yourself with something you really enjoy and the rest should follow. If you enjoy alcohol, having a beer or a shot can help to calm your nerves as well.
>>
File: 1492555950532.png (17KB, 882x758px) Image search: [Google]
1492555950532.png
17KB, 882x758px
>>73887814

Okay I'll try to keep those in mind.

I hope to get used to it soon. I'm so fucking inexperienced in life. People make fun of me all the time over it. I'm 24 and I still feel like a little kid. If I can't get used to weed I don't know what else I can get used to.
>>
>>73887879
We're in the same boat. I'm the anon who's done a shit load of drugs but I've never been laid. Just stop giving a fuck about what other people think and do what makes you comfortable. It took me a while (maybe a dozen or so times) before I truly started to appreciate getting high by myself, but the payoff was more than worth it.
I'm just a socially inept autist, but I've smoked DMT, railed lines of ketamine, done 10+ grams of shrooms along with 150mg of MDMA at this point. If I've gotten this far, I'm sure you can.
>>
File: 1478618471012.jpg (54KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1478618471012.jpg
54KB, 633x758px
>>73888025

Thank you for your support, but stop with that "just stop caring what other people think" shit. It really doesn't help. It's hard to keep that in mind when every single day they make fun of your to your face and sabotage you at work, and HR doesn't give a shit about you.
>>
File: 22222.jpg (83KB, 645x858px) Image search: [Google]
22222.jpg
83KB, 645x858px
>listening to psychedelic music
>not listening to Bach instead

How does it feel to know that you've wasted all the LSD trips you've had so far? You can't even imagine how much you've missed.
>>
File: Malk Malk.jpg (95KB, 500x728px) Image search: [Google]
Malk Malk.jpg
95KB, 500x728px
everyone here is doing it wrong, YOU NEED TO CREATE while on acid, you're wasting your time appreciating other people's ideas
>>
Does there need to be a thread with this much complaining. Im more pissed off at the "I dont need drugs, im high on life" pussies who need to take a fuckin chance for once and stop being so depressing.

But in terms of the topic at hand to be honest i agree with this >>73880500
its just for good feels
>>
File: 1498913242235.jpg (21KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
1498913242235.jpg
21KB, 600x337px
>>73881529
>>
File: 1362384684502.gif (125KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1362384684502.gif
125KB, 126x126px
>>73888597
>>73888510
>people who tell other people they're tripping wrong
>>
When I was really obsessed with SMiLE, shortly after the release of the Smile Sessions box set, I brewed up around 50 grams of Banisteriopsis caapi and 50 grams of Mimosa hostilis root bark powder and listened to the album on repeat. It the most powerful religious experience of my life
>>
you dont know what tripping is until youve watched oddsac on acid
>>
>>73889171
>thinking that there is no wrong way to trip
See? You're a dilettante: you've got no stanard.
>>
im 26 and a virgin

but i want to try acid or shrooms before sex
>>
>>73880272
Do you know music theory?
>>
>>73886129
>Loser
You must be popular to be around
>>
>>73880500
Thats a shit album and you have shit taste. Doesnt take drugs to figure that out
>>
>>73881220
Thank you for this
>>
>>73886086
>listening to degenerate music
I doubt Prokofiev was tripping balls when he composed his second Piano Concerto.
Likewise, I doubt Liszt was on a high when he crafted his otherwordly sonata.
>>
>>73890091
Everyone quick look at anon's refined taste!
>>
>>73890030
Did you even read what I said?
>>
>>73881174
t. boc fan
>>
>>73890137
If your favourite music is banal enough to be composed over the course of one trip you listen to garbage.
>>
>>73890225
>music which takes longer to compose is better

by this logic the unfinished symphony is infinitely good
>>
>>73890267
Do you think this is an argument?
Music that takes longer to compose is music that has more thought and deliberation put into it.
Yes, it's better, you're probably too young and all you look for in music is that "bombastic" sound and instant gratification, but a time will come in which you'll agree with me.
>>
>>73890091

Mozart was a true degenerate and he puts all other composers to shame
>>
>>73890300
>Music that takes longer to compose is music that has more thought and deliberation put into it.
not necessarily, it might just be really long
>>
>>73890300
Bach, Mozart and Schubert composed most of their masterpieces in very short amounts of time. Are they bad composers?
What matters is the music, musicology and biography are useless when it comes to analysis.
>>
>>73890370
>Are they bad composers?
Yes.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (111KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
111KB, 1280x720px
>tfw you literally have 50ml of LSD sitting in your fridge
>>
>>73886447
If you don't have any better argument than making drive thru analogies you're fucking dumb. People like you are the reason reddit is an objectively better website. You don't know how to argue and are self righteous. No one wants to be around you
>>
>>73880382
Epic.
>>
>>73887141
No they haven't. Those biases have made people dislike you. Do you have a drivers license?
>>
>>73890404

Wow, no more words needed to convince me that Bach and Mozart are thoroughly bad musicians.
>>
>>73888510
This works for me so much better. Psychedelic music is so gimmicky and forced to me, I'll fucking jam to some Bach or Brahms or some other high information music.
>>
>>73890370
>What matters is the music, musicology and biography are useless when it comes to analysis.

What?
>>
>>73888597
I tried making music on 400 ug but everything really confused me. I felt like my workstation was an alien spaceship.
>>
>>73890091
http://www.classicfm.com/discover-music/latest/classical-music-drugs/
>>
>>73888597
>>73890613

A thing to remember is that you need to be an absolute fucking master at what you do when your sober and then filter yourself through a drug of your choice and try to create and maybe you'll be lucky to get something totally outside the box.
>>
>>73881174
Really nice b8 anon

8/10 get rekt weedfags
>>
>>73890637
Most of those are just fucking addictions, it says jackshit about them using them to compose.
Trying to defend that Beethoven alcoholism helped him to compose is one of the supidest things I've ever heard.
>>
>>73880272
>did shroomes once.
>was completely drunk
>came home at 2
>cant sleep what should i do?
>go to the fridge, eat about 2g shrooms
>puke
>shit, wont work
>go to bed.
>cant sleep, lets listen to some classical music
>shits annoying
> start tripping
>play tame impala currents instead
>let it happen
>it feels soooo gooood
>was awake till 6am and listening through the whole tame impala disco.
>don't know what else i should listen to
>help me /mu/ , i definitely want to do it again.
>sober.
>>
>>73890758

The point is that "muh superior composers" also were degenerates
>>
>>73890838
Never said they weren't, their music still wasn't degenerate because it wasn't composed after taking a pill in the span of 10 minutes.
>>
>>73890861

No one said anything about taking 2 tabs of acid and writing a song in half an hour, it's drug use in general we are talking about
>>
Stop educatin each other and let people share their experiences.
Just read and make up your mind.
Fucktards.
>>
>>73887447
In my experience, I freak the fuck out with weed and I react extremely negatively to marijuana, but I always react super positively to psychedelics. If you really want to try, go ahead.
>>
>>73890861
Most operas were written in 2-3 days by very drunk opportunists. Alcoholism has been extremely common in classical music.
>>
>>73891319
>Most operas were written in 2-3 days by very drunk opportunists.
lmao
>>
>>73891360
Literally true. Here's what Rossini had to say about composing operas:

>Wait until the evening before opening night. Nothing primes inspiration more than necessity, whether it be the presence of a copyist waiting for your work or the prodding of an impresario tearing his hair. In my time, all the impresarios in Italy were bald at thirty.
>>
>>73891780
Mozart wrote the Don Giovanni overture the night before the first performance, while drunk and tired.
>>
>>73891780
I was laughing at you because operas are just shallow moneymakers.
There has almost never been an interesting musical development done in an opera.
>>
>>73891855
You're a retard if you think there has not been not even one masterpiece in operatic music in fucking 400 years of persistent tradition.
>>
>>73890434
wtf why would it be in your fridge? when the light comes on when you open the door it will degrade
>>
>>73892146
It's better for it to sit in your fridge than in room temperature. The light has no affect on it.
Thread posts: 150
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.