[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people pretend to like classical music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: Igor_Stravinsky_Essays.jpg (343KB, 1060x1576px) Image search: [Google]
Igor_Stravinsky_Essays.jpg
343KB, 1060x1576px
Why do people pretend to like classical music?
>>
>>73875668
because i want to marry this girl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9-2jM5RNSs
>>
Because jazz is too niggerlicious.
>>
File: richter.png (401KB, 500x740px) Image search: [Google]
richter.png
401KB, 500x740px
>>73875668
same reason why people pretend to like any other type of music
>>
>>73875668
because there is some very good classical music
>>
File: 1477540506154.jpg (19KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1477540506154.jpg
19KB, 413x395px
>>73875698
>>
>>73875668
>Can't into classical music

Don't worry anon, its a mature taste. Maybe when you get older you will begin to understand the appeal.
>>
>>73877861
>mature
Anime posters are the opposite of mature.
>>
>>73878329
which is why most anime posters can't into classical.

I love classical and I've never posted an anime picture on this site.
>>
>>73878348
Based newbro.
>>
I thinks it's more of an appreciation. The amount of skill it takes to master classical music is crazy. People can respect the composers even if they don't necessarily "love" classical music
>>
>>73878426
Eh I've been using 4chan on and off since ~2010
>>
erik satie's gymnopédie no. 1 is in my opinion the best classical songs and is used in most romantic movies. They can convey emotion (in movies tv shows etc) without useing words that would distract you from the emotion
>>
File: Mahler.jpg (7KB, 224x168px) Image search: [Google]
Mahler.jpg
7KB, 224x168px
>>73879774
>classical songs
>>
>>73875668
Stravinsky is pretty accessible, especially if you're into rock or metal music
I don't think a lot of people really pretend to like him
>>
>>73879774
Literally all classical music can do that.

Satie is retarded simpleton classical. His music is conveys very little compared to the actual masters.

Wait until you hear Bach or Beethoven or Arvo Part
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmBrepbZji0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Rl9afYwB4I
>>
>>73880256
If you dig deeper into his works you'll find some really really jarring shit. At times I find him even more difficult than Schoenberg.
>>
"Rock is black music" is so incredibly overblown. The influence of blues in rock was momentary and by the time you get interesting rock like Yes, King Crimson, Led Zeppelin post-LZII, etc., that influence is almost completely gone, and in any case is completely dwarfed by the influence of English folk, classical, art-music, and insular genre-internal influences. And blues itself was the result of American blacks imitating the European folk tunes of the continent. But no one says "blues is just stolen white music". The whole thing is retarded white guilt bullshit.
>>
>>73881021
are you in the wrong thread?

This thread is about why people like classical, rather than influence or dumb /pol/ ideas.
>>
File: 3d-projection-filters-big.jpg (11KB, 350x230px) Image search: [Google]
3d-projection-filters-big.jpg
11KB, 350x230px
>>73880375
>Satie is for simpletons
>likes Arvo Part
>>
>>73881021
>Yes, King Crimson, Led Zeppelin post-LZII
>interesting rock
>>
>>73881021
>rock
>influenced more by English folk, classical and art music than by blues

Kys
>>
>>73881021
/pol/posters are actually this dumb. Amazing

anyway OP classical is bretty good. Anything from Debussy and Ravel solo piano to the clusterfucks of Stravinsky, Penderecki, etc are all the bomb
>>
>>73881184
>He's never heard early arvo part
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAh4cBW389k

There's a difference between not being capable of writing complex music and choosing to simplify
>>
>>73881134
Yeah there was a thread about varg and that rock was negro music this anon fucked up
>>
>>73875668
some people actually like it -- others pretend. why pretend? probably to "feel smart"
>>
I enjoy listening to classical music, but I don't believe it's somehow superior to popular music.
>>
>>73881424
>I don't believe it's somehow superior to popular music.
The main reason is that classical composers actually studied their chosen art form and take it very seriously - studying other composers, attending workshops, reading books on theory or composition, etc.

The same reason an artist who understands perspective, color balance, picture composition, light, anatomy, philosophy and history makes better art than someone who doesn't.
>>
Jazz is better.
>>
>>73881504
Jazz is better [2]
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.