[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Lil Pump /our guy/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Is Lil Pump /our guy/?
>>
>>73871343
Its always lil this or young that why cant they come up with something a little different
>>
>>73871925
a lil different
>>
>>73871925
This. If an artist's name starts with "Lil" now, I just discard them.
>>
You all still listen to Lil peep

btfo /thread lmao
>>
>lil pump being brought up as a serious topic on /mu/
>>
>>73872788
lil pump is objectively good
>>
>>73871343
most of these guys are going to be a flash-in-the-pan and die of overdoses and suicides, huh?

their aesthetic is just too disposable. they seem like the embodiment of fools who put way too little thought into tomorrow and are asking to get btfo by changes in fashion. the fucking face tattoos are emblematic of that.

have to feel a little bad for them, they all seem to be total trash from horrible upbringings.
>>
>>73873167
They're the 21st century boyband imo.
>>
>>73873114
I think a lot of this stuff is okay, and the distortion on the beats in particular where the interestingness is. The emo bits are an interesting development too.
>>
>>73873278
I dunno, these guys are at least self-made which is the opposite of boyband. But they're very image-based and hype-driven and youth-oriented.

I find it an interesting enough phenomenon, and just another facet of aspects of where things are now, which I actually like. I just wonder if these boys in particular have it in themselves to adapt and innovate when their meme-haircuts go out of style (because I think they're the ones who are taking looks from other popular younger rappers and pushing it to its limits in the way that idiots do to the point that you presume they'll kill it soon enough).
>>
>>73872098
>>73871925

Same, I also apply this to bands that start with 'the'
>>
>>73873342
>(because I think they're the ones who are taking looks from other popular younger rappers and pushing it to its limits in the way that idiots do to the point that you presume they'll kill it soon enough).

This was phrased awkwardly; I meant that they themselves are the ones who are probably killing said visual fashions that they are exaggerating from guys like Young Thug and Lil Yachty etc. Sometimes this kind of trashy derangement is a psychedelic innovation, but sometimes it's just johnny-come-lately retards rushing in and ruining / Hot-Topicifying everything. Like these guys being the Hot Topic / scenecore devolution of post-hardcore and emo.
>>
>>73872098
>This. If an artist's name starts with "Lil" now, I just discard them.

I wouldn't go that far. Rap has always had this call-and-response hivemind self-similarity. For a while they were all going on about "playa" or saying "in da club", there are millions of memes / fads and cliches. It's a kind of group / pack / tribe mind thing, so you have to overlook that you'll have dozens of guys with similar names because a lot of it will often be good. Like, I really like a lot of these recent 'Lil' rappers of late.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.