[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BLACKGAZE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

Now that the dust has settled, what's your opinion on blackgaze?
>>
>>73866880
>the 5th best xiu xiu album at a 10
for what purpose
>>
File: 94f.png (121KB, 680x497px) Image search: [Google]
94f.png
121KB, 680x497px
>Oathbreaker
>4.5 stars
>>
I like Sunbather
>>
No I don't like black gays
>>
Thanks for reminding me of Oathbreaker anon. I enjoyed Eros|Anteros quite a lot, but forgot about them afterwards.
>>
Garbage for faggots who do not like black metal but want to pretend they do

Go listen to post rock, faggot
>>
File: a2971740128_10.jpg (206KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a2971740128_10.jpg
206KB, 1200x1200px
>>73866880
transcandental black>blackgaze
>>
>>73867119
This.
>>
>>73867119
>listens to Mayhem once
>>
>>73867044
Great band. Rheia is less crusty than their earlier stuff, but still great.

>>73867119
No. I like a lot of abrasive black metal, like Barathrum, Carpathian Forest, Revenge, but they have a completely different appeal than blackgaze. Also, you're stupid.

>>73867129
I prefer Liturgy to Deafheaven, but I strongly prefer Oathbreaker and Alcest to Liturgy. Liturgy has some interesting ideas, but I think they have yet to really do those ideas justice. Every Liturgy album sounds like a pale hint at what they could potentially achieve, but I'm still waiting for them to deliver.
>>
>>73867119
This post is cute desu :)
>>
>>73867119
/thread
>>
nu-male: the genre
>>
>>73867279
>>73867302
>>73867305
>>73867340
Sunbather has more reviews and ratings than any black metal release ever, including FIlosofem.
Yet all the reviews say how "this is the evolution of black metal", "black metal elitists need to get over it and accept the future".

Coming from those who don't even listen to black metal, or have ever.
>>
>>73867367
Do you need to eat shit a lot to know it's fucking shit?
>>
>>73867385
No, that's why I tend to stay away from blackgaze at all
>>
>>73867385
You seem to be eating shit 24/7 without realizing it.
>>
>>73867401
Well you sure did miss the point there

>>73867367
You quoted someone who explicitly said they listen to black metal, can you even read? Take a breather from the spergout for a minute
>>
>>73867429
>Well you sure did miss the point there
Laughable
>>
>>73867429
There is over 200 reviews, the sentiment repeats
>>
>>73867367
If they're saying that, they're doing so out of ignorance of Alcest. I definitely don't think this is the future of black metal because it doesn't have much appeal to metalheads. The future of black metal has to be aggressive and abrasive, because that's what appeals to the fanbase. But I do think this is an interesting direction for indie music, and I do think it's a natural progression for atmospheric black metal, since it's essentially following bands like Burzum and Ulver, only using clean production and guitar effects instead of just fuzz.
>>
File: 1487476875910.png (947KB, 474x503px) Image search: [Google]
1487476875910.png
947KB, 474x503px
I like it. I really love shoegaze and I really love black metal.
>>
>>73867492
Good atmospheric BM is Summoning and Paysage d'Hiver, which sounds nothing like this indie rock
>>
>>73867542
Summoning came out in the mid 90s and are a contemporary of Burzum, you edgy dork
>>
>>73867618
Burzum is good too obviously, but you pretend it has anything to do with nu-gaze
>>
>>73867119
this is the only right answer and the only people dissenting are people who have found a token black metal band to tout out that they like to justify why 99% of their "metal" listening is to acts that don't make metal music

like we officially have a generation of huge "black metalheads" who have never heard (of) Bathory, Beherit, Hellhammer, Sodom, Sepultura, Venom, Celtic Frost, Sarcofago, etc. 'cause they were weaned on shit blackgaze and then got memed by 4chan and other online forums into thinking second wave is old school black metal
>>
>>73867663
Burzum is clearly a major influence on blackgaze, as is Ulver. That means blackgaze bands are influenced by them. It doesn't say anything about Burzum's relationship to blackgaze. There's a good chance Varg has no idea blackgaze even exists. Nu gaze is completely irrelevant to this thread, it's an entirely different genre. You appear to be confusing yourself, and it seems like you're completely lost and know very little about blackgaze or black metal.
>>
>>73867119
It's not even proper BM though, hence the name not having "metal" in it, it's just a subgenre or a spin-off or whatever. Is that not good enough for you metal purist autists?
>>
>>73867834
I got into blackgaze LONG after getting into Bathory, Celtic Frost, Mayhem, etc. You're ironically fronting some bullshit purism, when it's obvious you yourself know little about the genre. Sodom isn't even black metal, they're a thrash band that influenced black metal. If you're going to bring them up, you might as well talk about fucking Kreator, or any dark thrash for that matter.
Sepultura had one proto-BM album, so holding them up as an example is a joke. You're an embarrassing edgy teenager.
>>
>>73867909
>he thinks first wave black metal was a unified sound

sorry that your wikipedia education on black metal failed you so poorly
>>
>>73867909
>>73867886
>>73867853
Blackgaze is repulsive trash
It's not because I hate anything not metal, but because it's disgusting and everyone who likes it is a disgusting person, as one can witness through viewing a deafhaven concert.
>>
>>73867367
I don't think that's the case, the reason Sunbather has more reviews is because shit like Burzeum, Darkthrone, Dissection, Emperor, whatever other classic BM band you can think of have all released albums that are considered classics in the genre so new reviews don't really add much
>>
>>73868078
It has more ratings
Also, that didn't stop 200+ reviews for filosofem to happen, sunbather simply has more.
>>
>>73867922
Calling Sodom a first wave black metal band is a huge stretch. You're clearly projecting your own insecurity over your own lack of knowledge.
>>
There is some blackgaze I like a hell of a lot, but a lot of blackgaze is absolutely generic and bland. But I guess that's true of most genres.
>>
>>73867970
Deafheaven is literally the normie black metal band, but I guess I'm not surprised you'd be repelled by normies.
>>
>>73867004
What are you talking about? Black gays are the only acceptable black people
>>
>>73868105
thats exactly my point, you can see it on a lot of older albums on various review sites - newer albums have a lot more reviews than older (ie before the website existed) ones
>>
>>73868864
It's ratings, not just reviews
>>
Take two p cool genres, mash em together to get something entirely mediocre.
>>
It sucks.
>>
File: TAP-WSWS.jpg (261KB, 1192x1023px) Image search: [Google]
TAP-WSWS.jpg
261KB, 1192x1023px
Doomgaze>Blackgaze
>>
i have seen alcest live, fucking amazing performance. lead singer was so humble too :)
>>
>>73870113
He seems like a really nice, thoughtful guy
>>
>>73869863
That actually sounds neat. Recommendation?
>>
>>73870113
>>73870579
Alcest are great live and Neige is a cool dude.
>>73870615
Jesu -s/t
Angelic Process - Weighing Souls With Sand
Planning For Burial - Leaving
>>
I enjoy blackgaze, I'd consider it to be more shoegaze than black metal, though.
The genre has a massive fog of stigma surrounding it and I hope it doesn't die out because of that.

Woods of Desolation's Torn Beyond Reason is pretty sick.
>>
Why does blackgaze trigger metal fans so easy?
>>
>>73871081
I was promised black gays and got something entirely different.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.