[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oasis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: iu.jpg (83KB, 666x499px) Image search: [Google]
iu.jpg
83KB, 666x499px
do we need a reunion

+ what does /mu think of this band

"oh man I miss the 90's man such good music. look at pop songs now..man"
>>
Hacks
>>
>>73864840
Plagiarism: The Band
>>
A reunion will probably happen down the line, though I'm only down if it's the OG Oasis with Bonehead, Guigsy and the two brothers.

Some of their stuff's alright, some of it not so much (most of the post-Be Here Now stuff is pretty uninspiring). Have to say the stuff of theirs I enjoy the most is generally from Definitely Maybe and the Masterplan.
>>
>>73865149
This thread is not about Nirvana.
>>
>>73865199
Yeah I agree post-Be Here Now they were pretty bad with a couple of good songs but mostly bad. Except Dig Out Your Soul - that one was actually good.
>>
>>73865149

I wanted to know whether oasis would be popular now..their albums weren't that great except for a few which are usually filed under dad rock genre... + Liam Gallagher is a sad alcoholic fuck
>>
Rkid is too busy selling out to bongo and his naff band as you were LG x
>>
might actually be the worst band of all time
>>
>>73864840
I'd like to see a reunion. I'm seeing Liam Gallagher at Lolla this year. Judging from some footage of his recent gigs I've watched, he's still got it.
>>
shit band with asshole members and people only like them for wonderwall
>>
>>73865199
I don't think NG would even consider a reunion
>>
File: IMG_0647.jpg (166KB, 677x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0647.jpg
166KB, 677x960px
Level 4 masterrace
>>
>>73865437
by footage do you mean the video of LG getting pissed at the crowds behaviour of the crowd and the fact that he joined by Coldplay?
>>
File: 1497199832524.png (138KB, 321x349px) Image search: [Google]
1497199832524.png
138KB, 321x349px
If you think about it the subject matter of their songs and early interviews during the years of their debut albums (aka the good ones) they seemed to be very self aware. The opening song for their very first album explicitly stated "in my mind my dreams are real", "tonight I'm a rock and roll star". There are other examples of this but there were occasions they broke character and showed through.

Most of the time they seemed to play the roles of washed up arrogant rockstar for fun, but all too quickly flew way too close to the sun and started to actually believe they weren't a parody band.

If you dismiss this dark age in their career and acknowledge the amount of buttfuckery the gallagher brothers inflicted on the british media and anyone gullible enough to be baited by either of their antics then Oasis is a lot more fun to listen to.

They're one of Britain's best gags, and especially when they knew that they were a parody of the musicians they looked up to they were actually humble. It was only when they thought they were those musicians that they became intolerable, and not coincidentally having an effect on the quality of their music.

>tl;dr they were a self aware parody band that made pretty respectable music and performed classic shenanigans, then believed they were actually good and ate shit
>>
>>73865574
haha wibbling rivalry EP was ...was it also a parody album
>>
>>73865619
I want it to be true
>>
>>73865497
No but those are fucking hilarious
>>
>>73865484
>loop watch bonehead's nuts on spanish tv

based
>>
>>73865378
underrated : the post
>>
File: received_10212466195790677.jpg (22KB, 631x238px) Image search: [Google]
received_10212466195790677.jpg
22KB, 631x238px
>>73865378
He Gallagher's bants never cease to amaze
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.