[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he elite or shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: stevie wonder.gif (387KB, 800x789px) Image search: [Google]
stevie wonder.gif
387KB, 800x789px
Was he elite or shit?
>>
>was he
he's still alive anon
>>
He good boi
>>
>>73864688
Hasn't done a thing in decades, might as well be dead.
Yes anon, Stevie's a genius, lives up to the hype and more.
>>
>>73864501
If you can't answer that question yourself then you don't deserve to post on this board
>>
The most "elite" pop musician ever. There has literally never been anyone better at pop music than Stevie Wonder in the 70s.
>>
>>73865249
Brian
>>
>>73865292
Couldn't play jazz.
>>
His vocal melodies in the 70s were just impossible to match, add to the fact that he played most instruments for every album of his. Definitely elite.
>>
>>73865305
Still. You said pop.
>>
>>73865305
Actually that's moving the goalpost. I guess what I meant is that, I don't feel like you could have just sat Brian down at a piano and have him play something great off the cuff, without having come up with a meticulous arrangement beforehand. Maybe that's not what you need out of a pop musician, but that's important to me.
>>
He was elite but then his audience turned to cancer and metastasised. Thus he became ...peculiar
>>
>>73864501
Melodic genius, and extremely talented to boot.

Sir Duke is a lovely tune
>>
>>73865249
>>73865292
Are Stevie Wonder and Brian Wilson equivalent giants in their respective contexts
>>
>>73864706
You haven't really done anything of note musically at all, so you may as well have never been born.
>>
One of the GOATS. What does /mu/ rate Innervisions and Songs in the Key of Life.
>>
>>73866964
Brian went to cosmic heights with Pop like no one else before or since, Stevie perfected the craft like no one else before or since.
The Rushmore of this pop shit is Brian, Stevie, Phil Spector and like it or not, Max Martin.
>>
My Cherie Amour is one of my Top 5 love songs of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0Gu-CyE-NQ
>>
>>73867066
Would Brian be at the level became if he didn't ever Work with Phil though? Gets me wondering. The way Brian obsessed over the sound Phil fabricated was immense. Of course Brian did great things with it but still. Brian dived but Phil was the board. It's interesting to think what he would have made without him.
>>
The only good carpool ride, and it's master class, comfy and majestic

https://youtu.be/qqrvm2XDvpQ
>>
Another one of my Top 5 love songs, covered by Stevie Wonder for a bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARkcpUuqIW4
>>
>>73864501
>Was he elite or shit?
Elite obviously. He is one of the most impressive lyricists in hip hop and the face of the greatest southern hip hop act of all time.
>>
An elite talent that wasted it on jive trash.
>>
>>73864501
Imagine he was trained classically and arranged something, would have been fantastical
>>
>>73864501

70's black messiah
>>
>>73864501
hell be fine
>>
>>73864501
Based Stevie. Elite of course
>>
>>73864501
He's the greatest.
>>
His run of albums in the 70's is up with anyone
>>
The proof is in the pudding.
Stevie a best
>>
>>73865249
>There has literally never been anyone better at pop music than Stevie Wonder in the 70s
How about Paul McCartney in the 60's?
>>
>>73870481
who?
>>
Glad you guys didn't go all contrarian and shit on Stevie for no reason, you did good /mu/.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j18CWdxF0us
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.