[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does the majority of /mu/ still like death grips?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

File: stefan.jpg (128KB, 792x1008px) Image search: [Google]
stefan.jpg
128KB, 792x1008px
does the majority of /mu/ still like death grips?
>>
so-so
>>
i do desu
>>
>>73859581
Nah, a few vpnfags =/= the majority. /mu/ never liked them.
>>
File: grimespoll.jpg (70KB, 741x1054px) Image search: [Google]
grimespoll.jpg
70KB, 741x1054px
>>73859604
MUH VPNS
>>
>>73859581
Yeah, a few vpnfags != majority. ignore the troll attempts.
>>
>>73859581
No.
>>
>>73859581
>meme grips
Le /mu/core, amirite? xD
This really is the best sub haha
>>
>>73859666
hell trips beats death grips
>>
>>73859604
>>73859653
uh...
>>
>>73859653
Yeah, that makes sense.
I never liked Grimes besides Visions, but the hate towards her on /mu/ seem mostly fake or a meme, like it's only a couple of people who care to hate her.
>>
>>73859604
Lol what is this retarded post. those vpnfags must be busier than fuck.
>>
>>73859581
I'm still a fan of DG and, thankfully, no, the majority of the board no longer seems to be interested in them. I'm very hopeful that their meme status will die down and that in the future it will be easier to actually discuss their releases without someone spouting memes.
>>
>>73859734
Pretty sure 4chan is filled with needs without any social life.
>>
>>73859772
I meant neets*
>>
>>73859722
you're confusing her hate for her fanbase
>>
their memes are old and stale, which is good. people can talk about their music now
>>
>>73859797
No, I'm not. I'm sure there were attempts to do the same from grimesfags, but the hate side seems much more fake.
>>
>>73859581
I do

Steroids (CTHG) was good, but Bottomless Pit was meh and too safe
>>
>>73859581
I have transcended beyond Death Grips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPrzkkbxFeQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFWHB40N4pE
>>
>>73859581
I do enjoy their work.
Hopefully the cancerous memers will finally forget about them, and we could actually discuss about the music.
>>
I like to think of myself as putting the music first and I like a lot of their music... but to be honest the shitty meme culture on youtube has kind of ruined my listening experience
>>
i like death grips but i realize most people around me still see them as a meme, doesnt keep me from enjoying their music tho
>>
File: IMG_9566.png (25KB, 669x514px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9566.png
25KB, 669x514px
Remember my 'chon buddy telling me about them when money store came out. Wasn't til 2015/2016 til I noticed my weirder normie friends being incredibly infatuated with them.

I've always noticed there seems to be a 2-4 year buffer zone before memes hit the masses.

Dunno how they're doing now, haven't really kept up on them. I like them.
>>
>>73859581

Very much so.
>>
i fuckin love em and theyre coming out with a new album
>>
>>73859722
grimes spam is a meme
>>
>>73861399
at least our normie friends will never love gp and notm, right?
>>
I love them to the point where they're one of my favorite bands ever but nobody I actually know ever shares my love for them so I never mention how much I love them for fear of looking like a pleb even though I think anyone who can't get into DG is plebeian as fuck.

I also only just got into them last year.
>>
>>73859581
Love death grips, excited to hear how they will change their sound in the future.
>>
>>73859581

I feel like after BP came out, /mu/ has been really shitting on Death Grips. I can understand though. They make good music, but the edge factor wears off after a couple of months after discovering them, and then you can really listen to them on a audible level.
>>
Tfw listened to all of their music to the point where I'm tired of it
>>
they're good and they're even better live. its good music and anyone who violently disagrees has some sort of complex
>>
>>73861698
weird how its true
>>
>>73861483
They will never like them, not even Anne Bonny
>>
Yeah I still like them
r/deathgrips is one of the worst fucking things I've ever seen though

>>73860105
ebin...
>>
>>73861504
As you said this, I imagined someone cutting open their chest slowly, then, the camera pans out and it's actually the top of a building.
The last line is when he jumps off.
>>
Acceptable aggressive music for white kids who avoid listening to metal beacuse they fear being shunned by society.
>>
>>73859770
this
>>
>>73859581
DG is like my most listen artist on last.fm so for me it's a yes
>>
>>73860105
that shit is even worse anon
>>
>>73859666
>666
t. Stefan
>>
>>73859770
Yeah.

Seeing them so much posted here made me give em several chances until it clicked... but im discoverying them from BP backwards and i already NEED more.

Idk bout the lyrics, are they worth it? Or serves with the sounds as an amplyfier of the wrath?
>>
>>73859581
I like them, I hope the next album isn't as shit as bottomless pit though
>>
File: 1489887371258.png (913KB, 727x717px) Image search: [Google]
1489887371258.png
913KB, 727x717px
>>73859722
The hate towards grimes is just a counter reaction to grimes fags who are equally interested in her music as kpop fags and kpop.

It's just waifu-posting in disguise on a music board.

I've filtered both kpop and grimes threads, i suggest you do the same.
>>
>>73865173
same here my man. I just want Exmilitary 2.0. It's still my favorite of theirs.
>>
>>73859581
I grew out of it
>>
Absolutely, they're one of the most exciting and original groups in recent pop music history

They're probably going to be venerated at a New York Dolls, Big Star level in the future
>>
more like NORMIE grips amirite
seriously tho, theyre too accessible and mainstream now, its no longer hip or edgy to be into them
we need a replacement
>>
>>73859581
Yes
>>
>>73860064
bottomless pit was self-aware
accessible mix of elements of their past albums
It even said "very shallow listening" on the back of the LP
>>
theyre probably my favorite band, so yeah sure.
>>
>>73859604
>the resident paranoid schizophrenic who posts in these threads
>>
>>73863029
Except I enjoy listening to metal too
>>
>>73861666

Right there with ya Satan
>>
Any recs of bands like DG guys?
>>
>>73863029
That's the biggest amount of assumption I've ever seen in such a short post
>>
I want their next album to be like a mix of the hyperactive spazzcore IDM shit on Steroids and their usual punk rap shenanigans. I want it to be incredibly maximalist and epic and broad.
>>
I never liked them to begin with. Just a rip off of Disposable Heroes of HipHoprisy if you ask me. Plus their online antics, failing to show up to meet their obligations. Big turn off for anyone over the age of 17.
>>
>>73867018
DG is a rip-off of literally everyone I guess. When you hear everything from Dalek to M.I.A. to fucking MSI you see through the bullshit and just stop caring.
>>
File: notmalt.jpg (226KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
notmalt.jpg
226KB, 750x750px
>>73861537
They've turned boring after niggas on the moon. It hasn't even been a lateral movement, they've just straight up regressed, and that's probably why /mu/ doesn't care anymore.

Jenny Death, Bottomless Pit and Steroids that's 3 releases in a row that isn't challenging at all and repeating the same gimmick.
>>
>>73861666
Government Plates and niggas on the moon are the only albums I can listen to from them now, they've proven themselves as the albums with far and beyond the best replay value.
>>
>>73867018
Michael Franti is a massive fake nowadays and was probably back then. I wouldn't take him seriously. More than half his lyrics are some shit that an angst-filled high schooler who thinks everybody's been brainwashed, and also makes it so obvious that there's no subtlety. Now, he's one of those fake peace and love hippies who makes massive amounts of money by talking about yoga to middle aged moms. The music's decent, that's all I can say about him.
>>
>/mu/
>liking something
>>
>>73866929
NAH isn't exactly like them but obviously takes a good amount of influence from them
B L A C K I E is like a really hit-or-miss proto-DG
there's some other acts kinda close to their sound but they tend to be pretty shit, so I'd just look into other industrial/noise-influenced hip hop like Dälek, Techno Animal, and CLIPPING if you haven't already.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.