[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The best Wu-Tang album

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: ob4cl.jpg (273KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ob4cl.jpg
273KB, 1000x1000px
This is the best Wu-Tang album by far. Several other albums from the first wave come close but this blows them all out of the water. Ironman and 36 Chambers are probably the other best 2.
>>
Liquid Swords and Tical are great as well. Nas has the best verse on Cuban Linx
>>
I see Liquid Swords as equal or slightly better, but lately I've been thinking that "Guillotine" is the best song Wu ever did. Everything about it is so perfect.
>>
>>73855212
But Liquid Sword packs lyricism no solo Wu album has ever reach.
>>
Do you guys listen to underground rap? Or did it die in the 90s?
>>
Cycle of the wu-tang fan:

>gets mind blown by 36 chambers
>listens to the most popular solo releases
>prefers LQ over all
>gets tired of LQ, now prefers Cuban Linx
>gets tired of Cuban Linx now prefers Ironman
>goes back to LQ and realizes it's by far the best Wu-Tang release
>>
File: 221.png (104KB, 231x240px) Image search: [Google]
221.png
104KB, 231x240px
Once Upon a Time in Shaolin.
>>
I never really clicked with Raekwon. Something about his style and mafioso shit never fully worked for me.

Liquid Swords though is a masterpiece, the production is absolutely flawless
>>
>>73856229
>But muh lyricism!
Having a large vocabulary and complex rhymes isn't an excuse for being a terrible rapper with less personality than Ma$e, 21 Savage, and Big Sean combined. In fact, the only thing that makes Liquid Memes worth listening is RZA's production, which is at his finest. Fuck, the best song (B.I.B.L.E.) doesn't even have GZA on it.
>>
Ghost is twice the lyricist prime GZA was for partially this reason >>73856421
>>
>>73855253
>Nas has the best verse on Cuban Linx
That's actually ghostface on ice cream
>>
>>73856421

>best song (B.I.B.L.E.) doesn't even have GZA on it.

That's literally my least favorite song on the album. Completely ruins the dark vibe. I Gotcha Back ends with the perfect Shogun Assassin snippet. Fuck Killah Priest for sneaking his song onto the album.
>>
>>73855253
Tical is probably my favorite. Return to 36 is probably the most boring out of all of them, it took me forever to pull through and finish it.
>>
>>73856374
You're scaring me skrelli. I always liked you deep down too, never listened to the haters. Although you pulled a dick move, I get it, I don't think just because someone does a wrong thing they should be discarded as a human being.
>>
>>73856325
I've listened to all three extensively and iron man and OBFCL are both superior
>>
whenever I hear people praise liquid swords, ironman, or the purple tape above 36 chambers I instantly know that there opinion of music is terrible and I should disregard anything else that they say
>>
It goes like this:

Liquid Swords = 36 Chambers > OB4CL > Supreme Clientele > Ironman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tical
>>
>/mu/ thinks liquid swords is bad
I didn't even know it was possible to be this much of a contrarian faggot
>>
>>73857753
switch 36 chambers and liquid swords and you might be right.. also why not include dirty's first album you are making me think you are a plevb
>>
>>73858130
easy place it between ironman and tical, cause tical is pleb tier
>>
>>73856402
I love Raekwon's style and love hearing him as a feature but Cuban Linx's mafioso stuff didn't really hype me up. If anything I kind of saw it as a turn off. I have the same problem with that drug deal bit in Liquid Swords.
>>
Why do people hate on Tical?
>>
>>73858629
Probably cause it's good but not great like the others
>>
File: 2dac.gif (678KB, 245x163px) Image search: [Google]
2dac.gif
678KB, 245x163px
>>73858340
you seem fun to hang out with bro.......
>>
odb's return to the 36 doesnt get enough love. i dont think jts the best of the first wave but would put it over tical for sure
>>
>>73859164
this is what I am saying. you gotta take it for what it is.. rza fresh off 36 chambers pumping out Meth's first album while trying to control his crazy cousin dirty in his mom's basement lol

I was jamming return to 36 chambers recently because a few tracks go really hard
>>
OB4CL would be nice if Ghostface wasn't in every fucking song.
I came to hear Rae. Not ghostface.
>>
>>73859234
some real gems on there and brooklyn zoo is top ten wu in my book
>>
>>73856421
bait
>>
>>73856929
Funny, you just told me that about you.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.