[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>strokes fans believe this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: reddit.png (61KB, 1301x609px) Image search: [Google]
reddit.png
61KB, 1301x609px
>strokes fans believe this
>>
I fucking LOVE the Strokes to the point where I'd say they were one of my favorite bands of all time, but I never did get their association with indie rock considering all of their releases were through major record labels.
>>
>>73850025
I'm guessing because it was released by Rough Trade, but by that time it was just a part of a major label anyways.
>>
I agree with the last thing dogmotif said
The White Stripes are way more derivative, and not as interesting. The Strokes had the dual guitar thing similar to Television, but their early sound was more Ramones-esque, and Julian Casablancas' talk-singing was based on folk singer/songwriters of the 60s and 70s. People act like nobody touched a guitar from the time Kurt Cobain died to when the first White Stripes album came out.
>>
>>73850324
>People act like nobody touched a guitar from the time Kurt Cobain died to when the first White Stripes album came out.
This is what's annoying. The rest of the 90s were ripe for great Post-Rock, Math-Rock, Post-Hardcore but apparently Rock only mattered again after the 2000s revival.
>>
>>73849906
>people actually think that rap-rock needed to be killed by a new wave of music
>>
strokes are great but not as "influential" as everyone claims them to be
casablancas just wrote good rock songs
>>
>>73849906
I do like The Strokes, or more precisely, I love Is This It? But it's far from being influential. Interest in rock still went through the mid to late 90s and The Strokes weren't that big. Granted I was kinda young at the time and I do live in the UK but they were far from being as big as even Arctic Monkeys a couple of years later. All they did was write a really great, stripped down 70s inspired rock album.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.