[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/pbb/ general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

Thread for one of the greatest musical niches, experimental/progressive big band.

Artists in this area play modern forms of jazz such as free jazz and avant-garde jazz, combined with powerful ostinatos or classical orchestration to create explosive moments of impact and extremely dense layered full band sounds.

Pieces are normally longer in length and create senses of spiritual frisson in the listener as well as connections with every musician.

Discuss favorites, new releases, changes to the chart, etc.
The new Andromeda Mega Express Orchestra album is fantastic, give it a listen: https://mega.nz/#F!FhQFUI7R!M3P0dCSl9iu57kB4oGMTPQ
Anyone hear the new Orchestra of the Upper Atmosphere album? I can't seem to find it.
>>
I have a full album that me and 3-5 other people made when we were in elementary school. Only two of us had any musical knowledge and only one was remotely good. Most of the songs are about food and have segments that rip off other songs.
Would experimental and avant garde people be into this?
>>
>>73848251
I don't know, post link
>>
Pierre Dorge New Jungle Orchestra is really underrated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ1PKYR46QY
>>
>>73848283
i havent uploaded it yet. i just remembered it after listening to the shaggs debut.
wanted to gauge interest
>>
File: topsters2 (5).jpg (189KB, 1680x756px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2 (5).jpg
189KB, 1680x756px
This is some good shit
>>
>>73848301
This is quite good, thanks anon!
>>
>>73848494
I was already a Barry Guy fan but never checked out his work with the LJCO, it's fantastic, thanks.
>>
File: jazzcomposersorchestra.jpg (280KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
jazzcomposersorchestra.jpg
280KB, 1200x1200px
>>
>I have a full album that me and 3-5 other people made when we were in elementary school. Only two of us had any musical knowledge and only one was remotely good. Most of the songs are about food and have segments that rip off other songs.
>Would experimental and avant garde people be into this?
finished uploading but its private if people want to hear it I'll post.
>>
>No City of Glass
OP, fix your image
>>
>>73849133
just post it fucking idiot
>>
>>73849168
you hurt my feelings so no
>>
>>73849155
Good call, that's about as essential/genre defining as it gets.
>>
>>73849155
>>73849766
thx for drawing this to my attention
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.