[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the absolute best black metal band?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 8

File: 1475619907542.jpg (21KB, 563x542px) Image search: [Google]
1475619907542.jpg
21KB, 563x542px
What is the absolute best black metal band?
>>
Burzum
>>
Ulver.
>>
>>73845272
there isn't one. It's all terrible.
>>
It's Taake for me.
>>
File: 6408_photo.jpg (92KB, 512x396px) Image search: [Google]
6408_photo.jpg
92KB, 512x396px
Revenge/Conqueror
>>
>>73845277
>>73845285
>>73845297
LOL
>>
>>73845272
Mayhem - DeathCrush is the best Black Metal album by far. there is no doubt about it and anyone who says otherwise is a piece of shit
>>
Pentagram
>>
My favorite is Behemoth even though it's technically "blackened death metal".
>>
>>73845304
>mayhem
>>
disturbed
>>
>>73845304
basic bitch: the thread
>>
>>73845326
Am I pleb for liking disturbed?

or am I

DOWN WITH THE SICKNESS
>>
Slayer
>>
>>73845321
>>73845332

pretentious assholes: the posts.

Euronymous guitar work in DeathCrush is genre defining. if you don't acknowledge this you are:
a)a young edgy faggot
b)too young to know
c)just some edgy idiot
>>
Darkthrone
>>
Emperor.
>>
>>73845354
D) right
>>
>>73845272

Living Colour
>>
the beatles
>>
Vektor
>>
batushka
>>
soliness
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-0dALWE7os
>>
disturbed_sound_of_silence_real_music_not_beiber_crap.jpg
>>
Manilla Road
>>
Death Grips
>>
>>73845500
i thought vektor was prog thrash
>>
deafheaven
>>
>>73845304
>>73845354
These.
>>
Dissection - Storm of the Light's Bane is the best bm album ever to come out of Sweden
>>
>>73845272
Liturgy
>>
>>73847076
anon that's the total opposite of what OP asked
>>
>>73847076
only correct answer
>>
nirvana
>>
Jason Aldean
>>
>>73845304
that's a funcore album with one black metal song
>>
>>73845424
I laughed way harder than I should've
>>
File: dfc.jpg (64KB, 600x538px) Image search: [Google]
dfc.jpg
64KB, 600x538px
>>73845354
>Euronymous guitar work in DeathCrush is genre defining
>>
Peste Noire
>>
>>73845272
Darkthrone.
Under A Funeral Moon alone surpasses all the rest of black metal combined.
>>
Behemoth
>>
>>73845340
neither

youre a faggot
>>
>>73847365
this, or Transylvanian hunger
>>
File: IMG_4280.jpg (251KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4280.jpg
251KB, 1200x1200px
The only correct answer
>>
>>73846291
They are. How did that bait taste?
>>
>>73845272
Immortal - Pure Holocaust
Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
Emperor - In The Nightside Eclipse
Burzum - Det Som Engang Var / Hvis
Gorgoroth - Pentagram / Antichrist
Enslaved - Vikingligr Veldi
Dissection - Storm of the Lights Bane
Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger / A Blaze in the Northern Sky
Sacramentum - Far Away From the Sun

These albums are still better than anything released after 1999
>>
>>73845277
It is in fact Burzum
>>
>>73847632
Stop posting this fucking meme pasta idiot
>>
>>73847853
t. deafhaven fan
>>
>>73847632
I'm down with almost all of those, but saying anything released after 1999 is sub-par from this list is absolute shitspewing.
Deathspell Omega and Watain first and foremost, and Liturgy and Deafheaven if we're going experimental. Gojira does epic straight black metal in some songs, but they're more extreme metal-genre fluid so they don't really count
>>
>>73847957
I have nothing to tell you if you think Deafhaven and Liturgy and DsO are better than anything in that list. You have terrible taste and didn't fully comprehend those works.
>>
My favorite black metal band is unironically Cradle of Filth.
>>
>>73847976
neither Enslaved, Emperor or Immortal should be discussed on a thread concerning "best black metal band". also you mentioned albums instead of acts, and if we're looking at albums on their own you can't really trump DsO or Deafheaven, so eat shit. And don't assert I "didn't fully comprehend these works", I'm a norwegian born in the middle of the church burning spree, if you're not norwegian, (YOU) cannot fully comprehend them.
>>
>Deafheaven

/emoe/, please leave.
>>
>>73848091
You have inferior taste, subhuman.
Immortal and Emperor have multiple albums that are worthy, and your memetrash bands aren't better.

Being born in the same country as millions of other plebs who can't comprehend those works doesn't change a thing. A person that mentions Gojira as something worthy of uttering has inferior taste, that's it.
>>
File: blackmetal.jpg (40KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
blackmetal.jpg
40KB, 480x480px
>>73848147
Look, culturally Norway is super stale and boring so it's such an important period for us, as the common folks relation to religion was challenged inside the country, instead of outside influences. They were ideological terrorists, but (younger) people didn't really 100% disagree with them, so it's super polarizing. This is where the music you listen to come from, and every single one of the norwegian albums you mentioned carries the spirit of creating something so out of the ordinary in a country so overwhelmed with grey mice, and as a non-scandi you can't really get a 100% of what THEY'RE trying to convey, even if you study runes or shit. But I don't blame you for idolizing them and their music, I do the same with american or british artists, both metal and other genres like hip hop. There is no way I can take all the references Kendrick Lamar puts into his music, for example.
>>
>>73848349
Holy fuck you have such terrible taste
>>
File: the sandman.jpg (80KB, 500x310px) Image search: [Google]
the sandman.jpg
80KB, 500x310px
>>73848385
no my taste is patrician, bro
>>
>>73847561
underrated as fuck album
>>
>>73848398
You're just an "open minded" slug with no actual standards
>>
Negative Plane are the best modern (post-2000's) US black metal band

The best album overall is Hvis Lyset Tar Oss, it's pretty much exactly what you want out of black metal. Good riffs, an evil atmosphere and it gets cult points for being recorded during the 2nd wave of BM. De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas is a close second for the vocals alone
>>
>>73848418
elaborate plz. Are you american? I'm from a small country so we need to import foreign music to even have a decent collection of albums, ya know, so open mindedness isn't such a bad idea for us.
>>
>>73848474
You also need to import foreign hordes to rape your women because of your depression and low sperm count
>>
>>73848491
ehm thats Sweden, Norway is super strict and they ship out 16 year old syrians like they were black metal albums, only Oslo has a noticeable amount of non-integrated immigrants, so plz answer ma Q
>>
>>73848564
Not strict enough to not require honorable men like Breivik to do what he did.
>>
>>73848613
I saw your pretty decent list and thought I'd get an interesting discussion out of responding to it, but I'm sorry my points got in the way of your constant need to trigger people. I don't know a single person above 19 who has a single positive thing to say about enslaved or emperor as a whole (Ihsahns solo stuff is ok doe), so I should've steered away in the first place, sorry for taking room in your safe space bruv
>>
>>73848766
Their first two albums + EP is better than anything from trash bands like Deafhaven, but you literally listen to nigger-hop, there's no talking to you about music.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 500x400px
>>73845354
e) varg vikernes
>>
>>73847300
good choice brother
>>
>>73848766
You sound like a faggot. In the Nightside Eclipse is a black metal classic and anyone who likes the genre likes that album, there isn't even a sensible reason I can think of for not liking it other than being a pathetic contrarian
>>
Deafheaven
>>
>>73848793
do you not listen to any other genres than metal? are you excluding all of hip hop as an interesting genre because the originators didn't share your complexion?

going so hard on the viking thing is really what breaks enslaved for me, they have some decent songs, but their allover expression as a band is silly
>>
>>73848925
You have the views of an open minded teenager who thinks it's stupid to ignore other genres

Hip-hop is 100% pure shit
Some genres have great works though, even greater than metal, but hip hop is not one of them.
>>
>>73848899
LOOK. AT. O. P.

issabout bands, not albums, you can have as many black album classics as you want, but if you make shit in your later years, you're credibility as a top-tier artist is greatly diminished
>>
>>73848991
I feel bad for you, I can see the power and greatness in something like Darkthrone but turn around and enjoy 36 Chambers just as much for a lot of the same reasons
Pretty sure lots of black metal musicians like hip hop too. If anything hating a specific kind of music is just really childish
>>
>>73848991
go outside
>>
>>73849027
>I can see the power and greatness in something like Darkthrone but turn around and enjoy 36 Chambers just as much for a lot of the same reasons

t. intellectual 15 year old
>>
>>73849027
Better known as the Yin and the Yang, the True Master
Isham, DJ Skane, the True Robocop comin' through
Scientific Shabazz, my motherfuckin' man Wise the Civilized
The Shaolin Soldiers, Daddy-O and Popa Ron
Comin' down from the motherfuckin' South end of things
Killa Beez all over your fuckin' planet
Thirty-six chambers of death
Three-hundred and sixty degrees of perfected styles
Choppin' off your motherfuckin' dome
-piece, and every fuckin' borough
Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Queens, Staten Island
The motherfuckin' Bronx, Killa Beez

pure art
>>
>>73849048
I'm 26. Try getting laid and lurking more dipshit, your point of view is literally that of a young teenager
>>
>>73849088
Now you're arguing like a woman.
>He disagrees with me, he must not be getting laid

Your taste is shit, you have no actual standards.
>>
>>73847632
>no Live in Leipzig
dropped
>>
>>73849126
Attila is better
>>
>>73849100
Get laid is a blanket term generally used for people who need to get out more and experience life. Shit posting on 4chan about hating an entire genre of music that doesn't fit into your miniscule and skewed world view basically screams 'I'm a young virgin teenager, listen to my shit opinion!'
>>
>>73849100
hahaaa,you're revealing your awkward relationship to women without even knowing it yourself.

>He disagrees with me, he must not be getting laid

Who the fuck can relate to this? lol
>>
>>73849055
So good. The first few verses of Triumph still make my dick diamonds. Anyone that can't get on with classic Wu-Tang are just bitch made niggas
>>
>>73849164
It doesn't mean anything. You think that I am something I'm not and try to give me advice that doesn't apply to me. You can't fathom that someone who "experienced life" can hate nigger-hop.
>>
>>73845272
Inquisition.
>>
>>73849317
I really couldn't care less, calling it nigger hop just reinforces everything I can assume of your character. It's just music but it's pathetic of you and as long as you know that, it's cool. Shitpost away
>>
>>73849411
Nothing is "just music", everything has a motivation and a reason, and every artist has a past and view that motivates their art.

Niggers rambling about crime and random pop culture references to basic rhythmic beats is the lowest form of "music" imaginable.
>>
>>73847300
Agreed.
>>
>>73848491
The moment you attacked him for his nationality was the moment you lost this argument, fampai.
>>
>>73849588
The comment before it didn't contain any arguments
>>
Cradle of Filth
>>
Darkthrone or Leviathan. I know leviathan has a lot of death metal influence but it's great black metal. Also so far the most people have said Darkthrone so there is your answer op
>>
>>73845548
Kek
>>
>>73845272
Mutiilation
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.