[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

igorrr

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: front.jpg (264KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
264KB, 700x700px
I've not seen this musician discussed before.
Maybe I'm new or something, whatever, shit on me if I have bad taste or haven't lurked enough

what do you guys think though
>>
>>73845195
you have bad taste and you haven't lurked enough
>>
>>73845195
Igorrr is too patrician for /mu/
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBakgOHKI-g

really jingles my jangles
>>
>>73845195
Savage Sinusoid is a decent album, but it feels gimmicky. The harsh vocals, accordion, Baroquesque music and French vocals feel shoehorned in because 'lol so random XDDDD'

Hallelujah and Maigre (their collab EP with Ruby My Dear) are vastly superior because they include those elements with brevity. Maigre is probably my favourite EP ever.
>>
Came a long way from Brutal Swing
>>
>>73845556
Literally the meme band
>>
>>73845195
ur so fakin new
>>
>>73845195
All I've heard is Nostril, but it is a really great album.

>the black metal breaks, out-of-tune violin, and screaming over bluegrass in Tendon
>>
>Advertisement in the middle of the album

this is why Hitler existed
>>
Love Igorrr and have for awhile.

Remember finding Poison Soluble while blog crawling way back in the day simply because of the album cover.

This album feels a little toned down comparatively, but still weird and fun to listen to. I probably need more listens but I think Hallelujah is still his best a fair bit.
>>
>>73845587
How can you think all those things are included with brevity on Hallelujah compared to SS? SS is more accessible specifically because it cuts most of that out, esp. the breakcore drums and is a much more straightforward record compared to all of Igorrr's earlier material.
That being said, I think Gautier outdid himself on the production of SS. Definitely the best sounding (sonically) Igorrr album despite not being the most musically interesting.
>>
File: 1264114702010.gif (215KB, 200x160px) Image search: [Google]
1264114702010.gif
215KB, 200x160px
>>73845695
me too, kiss me
>>
>>73845720

homosexuality is a sin
>>
>>73845729
But what is a man?
>>
>>73845696
what I like the most about igorrr though is how interesting it sounds. I get the aesthetic is still there without all those intricate-but-not-too-complex-to-be-enjoyed motifs, but it's not as busy so I find myself entertained less. It's almost its whole point really
>>
>>73845195
ps. someone explain why breakcore like igorrr is inferior to idm. No doubt idm requires more effort or musical theory to produce, and is intricate and complex.

But is there even a point?
What's the goal of art? The brushshrokes?
Not the image or style?

aphex says he want shit to be dancable. it isn't
>>
get opera singer

cut up amen break 10x

get le metal guitar

bake for 30 mins
>>
>>73846521
well, it /is/ pitched
I get that it's gimmicky which is why I ignore the choice of instrumentation when evaluating worth

and then the drums and guitar and shit just become layers of instruments

And it's still decent
Not amazing, but good. No?
>>
>>73846549
i actually didn't mind it, it reminded me of something that david maxim mimic put out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJJXs8WAv0E

also memories of the diva song from 5th element
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.