[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mixing Monitors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

I'm really on a restricted budget and I need mixing monitors as I am tired of mixing with headphones. Really interested in Yamaha's HS series. Can you guys give me some advice about which budget studio monitors could be good for mixing alternative rock? I can spend about 500€ for the pair
>>
http://www.krksys.com/
>>
>>73844873
Well every system is bound to sound different, so it's wise to go with industry standards. In the EDM community in LA/USA, Krk is very popular. That was the whole idea behind Dr. Dre beats, to make it so people could listen to music on the same headphones producers use. Hope that helps. If Yamaha is really popular in your community, you may want to give it a try, so that you're hearing stuff the same way your friends do.
>>
>>73844899
Cause if you mix a file on one set of monitors, then go to another you may mix it differently. I like KRK because it's what my friends use.
>>
>>73844873
I got a pair of Yamaha HS5s and stands for £200. Really great value for money for what it's worth, I recommend.
>>
>>73845228
Dope, I want a subwoofer too. There's mids and a tweeters on these things, but no Sub.
>>
>>73844899
Thanks for your advice! I know krk and I'm interested in the rokit series, I think I'll give it a look again
>>
>>73845228
I was thinking about getting myself a pair of HS7, my studio is very tiny & well isolated, so i won't need a sub if I get that
>>
i wouldn't worry too much about the details of ur monitors. just buy a pair and then find out how the sounds translate to other sound systems. just listen to something on your headphones, then again on your monitors can really tell you a lot about how your mix sounds. i find its easier to tell frequencies apart, especially bassy frequencies, on monitors
>>
>>73845353
That's what I did and I have no regrets. I got what the guy at soundexchange was pushing. Back when my parents would actually buy me everything I wanted, now I actually have to work to own things, and this fucking sucks.
>>
>>73844873
If you're looking for monitors specifically for mixing, id suggest just getting open back headphones like the dt880s. If you don't have the right room and acoustics for monitors id suggest against it, since you wont get the most out of them. With the headphones, the higher the OHM the better, but you'll need an amp depending on the OHM. Id suggest at least looking into headphones like the DT880s and DT990s.
>>
>>73845640
I actually have a nice isolated room, just need to gather info about monitors for making a choice
>>
File: 1sc8890g.wizardchan.eat_sleep.gif (9KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1sc8890g.wizardchan.eat_sleep.gif
9KB, 500x500px
>>73845863
This is all very expensive. I'm in debt, to my previous landlord and I'll pay it off if she'll even take my money anymore
>>
I was also hunting for monitors and wound up finding a pair of these for 99$. pretty sweet deal
>>
Got a pair of HS8's for about that price for mixing techno. excellent value. excellent monitors
>>
File: 1334861850401.gif (408KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1334861850401.gif
408KB, 500x500px
>>73845903
>Not saving up for krk 2 Expose and a 12oh
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.