[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does rap music shortens people's attention span?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: ysaocwe8drszudhf386o.jpg (52KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
ysaocwe8drszudhf386o.jpg
52KB, 620x400px
What effect does this type of repetitive music has? Rap basically takes a sample from a music piece and repeats it for 4 minutes. Is this a subliminal way to get you ADHD?
>>
you can't get ADHD subliminally are you actually retarded?
>>
>>73843885
this

wtf OP lmao
>>
>>73843885
Of course you can. Watching Spongebob for example is a subliminal way to get ADHD.
https://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/09/12/is-spongebob-squarepants-bad-for-children/
>>
>>73843876

die
>>
>>73843897
I found zero medical evidence or research whatsoever in that article even correlating watching spongebob with young children being diagnosed with ADHD, let alone it being a way for a person to subliminally get ADHD. Zero.

I ask again are you actually retarded?
>>
>>73843921
No, you are the one who is retarded.

>But she said the fast-paced fantastical sequences of some programs might actually prime the early childhood brain to “not be able to pay attention to something that is not so fantastic. You may be priming the brain to be almost A.D.H.D.-like impulsive.”

Now stop acting like a hipster faggot and answer my question seriously.
>>
>>73843929
does not correlate watching spongebob or any cartoons with causing ADHD like I said before. There's no proof you can even subliminally get ADHD so there's the answer to your question.
>>
>>73843929
>might actually prime
>may be priming
>adhd LIKE

yeah nice proof OP
>>
>>73843885
The notion of this is insulting to people that actually have to live with ADHD.

We get it, you don't like rap music. Great. Now fuck off.
>>
>>73843960
It's not only rap music, I mean sample-heavy music in general. Electro may counts as this too.
>>
>>73843960
I don't even like rap honestly but I'm glad someone else can see the obvious bullshit thread OP is trying to make

at least grow some balls and just make a rap sucks thread
>>
Most music shortens your attention span, it's a plebeian art form, after all. This is especially true for hip-hop, rock, pop and electronic music.
>>
>>73843929
>60 child sample size
>tests only right after viewing
>no long term link
>never states it causes ADHD, just might have similar symptoms

fucking top study there m8, also wouldn't you do worse on a test about memorising after you just did something really exhilarating or watched something that pumped your adrenaline? This is fucking stupid and so are you OP
>>
>>73844000
Stop ruining my thread, you raging autist.
>>
Interesting: The former NBA coach Phil Jackson said once:

"I don’t mean to say [that] as a snide remark toward a certain population in our society, but they have a limitation of their attention span, a lot of it probably due to too much rap music going in their ears and coming out their being."
>>
>>73844118
>phil jackson

as a knicks fan I'm extremely satisfied that egomaniac blowhard will never work in his profession again. fuck phill jackson
>>
>>73844157
and not to go too off topic but the guy always needed two top ten players to get a championship
>>
>>73843876
>implying rap songs go for 4 minutes nowadays
>>
>>73844157
>knicks

lol kys
>>
>>73844193
I've tried
>>
Hardcore punk and subgenres shorten peoples attention span, not overly long hip hop songs
>>
>>73844227
Once again: I'm not a hip hop hater. I think most of modern music shortens people's attention span. I just picked up hip hop, because of it's heavy use of samples that only goes for 3-5 seconds but are repeated through the entire track.
>>
>>73843876
Considering ADHD is not exactly real, I'd still say that hip-hop generally has a net-negative impact on the environment it exists in.

The hallmark of "bad" music is the kind who's fans have to go "STFU FGT UR RONG" to defend their tastes.
>>
>>73843876
listen to the lyrics too problem solved nigga
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.