[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Miles Davis Flowchart

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: A-23755-1394387343-4500.jpeg.jpg (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
A-23755-1394387343-4500.jpeg.jpg
10KB, 300x300px
Can somebody post Miles Davis flowcharts? Couldn't find anything in the wiki or via google. Thanks.
>>
start with kind of blue. first go backwards, then go forwards. most people here make the mistake of starting with bitches brew and being totally overwhelmed and put off by it
>>
>>73843748
Thanks for your input, will note this. Still, a chart would be preferred. Also, does Miles get weirder than Bitches Brew?
>>
Start by listening to Kind of Blue and stop there after you realise how boring and overrated he is.
>>
>>73843887
epic
>>
>>73843887
Im gonna tell you the miles story

so herbie hanock was playing piano for miles in a gig during the solo section herbie really fucked up, like he was supposed to play a minor and played an altered chord. what happens is miles pauses for half a second, and then plays the altered chord back into the rest of the tune.

HE FUCKING MADE UP A LINE THAT WOULD MAKE THAT FUCK UP WORK IN HALF A SECOND

miles is god tier you just don't realize it.
>>
>>73843718
>>73843778
neo-/mu/
>>
>>73844028
Yeah but is his music good?
>>
>>73843778
Some of it, a lot of it is more straight forward funk/fusion that's more accessible like On The Corner, but then he'll do really crazy stuff that makes Bitches Brew seem normal like Agharta.

I'd say 'Round About Midnight is the best place to start with him. He's done a lot of different styles so it's hard to say which you'd enjoy the most.
>>
>>73844063
I think so miles is really laid back is all. it's really chill music. he's not like Coltrane or Mingus where his songs have all this crazy energy. his songs are more like stories than other artists. really any note he plays has a lot of purpose to it. that was his style, it's fine to not enjoy it but calling it bad is just wrong.
>>
>>73844141
> Bitches Brew, On the Corner, Star People, Tribute to Jack Johnson, Dark Magus, Agharta, Shamballa, Live-Evil, Pangaea
> Chill music
>>
>>73843718
Start with Round About Midnight. Then Kind of Blue. Then you can try with Pharaoh's Dance from Bitches Brew. Listen to his other electric stuff (starting In a Silent Way). Then listen to On the Corner. When you've finished, listen to Bitches Brew in its entirety
>>
>>73844346
*starting from
>>
>>73843748
this anon is clever
>>
>>73843718
Just listen chronogocally and see him growing, baka
>>
File: Duke Ellington - Indigos.jpg (120KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Duke Ellington - Indigos.jpg
120KB, 500x500px
I only like real chill jazz. Did Miles ever make music like this? I don't mean Kind of Blue where there's a cute melody in the beginning then BEEBPOOPBOP DAHAHA BOOPOPBOPBOPBOP for seven minutes then the cute melody comes back at the end.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.