[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Music Criticism...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 562Xco39205e75mfw28201iY copy.jpg (56KB, 750x935px) Image search: [Google]
562Xco39205e75mfw28201iY copy.jpg
56KB, 750x935px
I like RYM for finding out about artists who are new to me, best albums, etc.
What's best is most of it is attitude-free.
If I decide to buy an album by someone I don't know, I check out the reviews and if there's a concensus that one album is the best, I'll usually get that one.

Pitchfork, otoh, I can't even look at any more.
Too much of the writing there tells me way more about the writer than the music.
Check this super-cringe example:

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/7486-two-against-nature/

Maybe the album is shit, idk, but the "review" is not really abou tmusic at all, it's about this kid, and her sense of superiority. Tbh, it sounds like this she wrote this right after an argument with her dad, and i don't know her and I don't want to know how she feels about older music fans or whatever..
Anyway, I'd laugh if I didn't use to take Pitchfork seriously.
What music writng do you read?
>>
>>73841926
I tend to find AllMusic pretty agreeable, but they don't always cover the most obscure hipster garbage if that's what you're looking for.
>>
>>73841926
To be fair, there's a bunch of terrible reviews on RYM too. Some people rate stuff very out of whack as well, either rating everything a 5/5 for no reason, or rating everything a 0.5/5 for no reason. Just listen to whatever you feel like listening to, pal
>>
I think it's better to read reviews by the same writer consistently so you can understand what they like and don't like.
Then if you have similar taste or appreciate their opinion you'll check out the albums they recommend.
>>
>>73842230
In that vein, Fantano is pretty good. I disagree with him quite often, however.

>>73841926
That's actually why I like reading Pitchfork. They're quite absurd but usually fun to read.

If you want metal reviews, usually Encyclopedia Metallum is decent.
>>
>>73842230
Truth. Same thing with any form of reviews.
>>
>>73841926
>If I decide to buy an album by someone I don't know, I check out the reviews and if there's a concensus that one album is the best, I'll usually get that one.
You know you could also, like, listen to the fucking music instead?
>>
>>73844632
what's your process when a band doesn't have its music available on youtube or any conventional sources - basically the only way to get it is to buy it?
>>
>>73841926

That body good lord I would drag my dick through a mile of broken glass just to hear her far through a walkie talkie

Post topless please OP

OP pls

OP
>>
>tfw tinymixtapes reviews are getting more and more cringey and less and less about the music
do they only hire fucking dropout creative writing students with a huge narcissism problem as writers or what?
>>
>>73844632
This is quite rare these days, almost everything is on youtube apart from the extremely underground and King Crimson
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.