[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Didn't realize that their post-Moon material is good. Anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: modest mouse eahnpt.jpg (71KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
modest mouse eahnpt.jpg
71KB, 500x500px
Didn't realize that their post-Moon material is good. Anything else worth listening to? I've only heard the 1996-2000 era material.
>>
File: night on the sun.jpg (31KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
night on the sun.jpg
31KB, 500x501px
>>73837926
this is a really nice EP, a lot like the one you posted. night on the sun is one of their best tracks.
>>
>>73837926
That EP is moon outtakes. The origin of the sample at the end of Different City (I think, been a while) is on this EP.

Anyway though, Good News is great for a pop record and Sharpen Your Teeth is fantastic folk rock.
>>
File: no one's first and you're next.jpg (334KB, 1200x1199px) Image search: [Google]
no one's first and you're next.jpg
334KB, 1200x1199px
>>73838139
this doesn't exactly live up to their heyday of the late 90s but it's a nice little record. king rat is probably the best thing they wrote post moon & antarctica
>>
>>73837926
Good News For People Who Loves Bad News is amazing album and very underarted. I would rate it top 3 after TLCD and TM&A. Nothing good after goodnews tho. Last album is terrible.
>>
>>73838166
this
it's almost disturbingly better than We Were Dead
>>
>>73838377
>underrated
Didn't it go platinum?
>>
>>73838400
>>73838166

yeah this is great actually
what happened in between those albums?

check out good news for people who love bad news. that's their last great album to me frankly.
>>
generally their post M&A stuff is just spotty, not entirely bad. they have some great songs like Ocean Breathes Salty and Spitting Venom.

make sure you listen to Ugly Casanova - Sharpen Your Teeth, it's the best thing Isaac Brock was ever involved in and also the only thing he did that tops TM&A in terms of attention to detail.
>>
Good News is a great album. We Were Dead has some standout tracks.
>>
ive acquired a taste for their poppy era (not pop, but pop modest mouse you know). theres some really great songwriting throughout the post 2000 albums but lots that you can skip over (most of the last album for example)

so all in all youre missing out
>>
The demo version of give it enough is classic modest mouse post 2000, too bad they ruined it on the studio version which they gave a different name
>>
Parting of the Sensory and Spitting Venom is one of their best songs
>>
>>73840636
I love Sharpen Your Teeth but I wouldn't go that far.
>>
>>73841757
I agree, Pups to Dust is an abomination. The house demo back then got me really hyped at the time.

Also compare Lampshades on Fire from Sasquatch in 2011 to the studio recording. Modern Modest Mouse wouldn't be so bad if Isaac would stop fucking everything up in the studio. I think I recall him basically admitting that he overproduced the hell out of the last album.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.